Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Honestly, this is all a mute point because the team likes Scandrick in the slot and he isn't going anywhere so get over it.

Next subject.
We don't know that, for all you know Rob could be planning on drafting a new slot corner in Round 2 this year. And even if they did like him there, why can't fans voice their opinions about it on forums like this?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
that was terence newman and mike jenkins, scandrick will get beat too, but not as much as either of those two guys, i don't disagree qith you that we need another corner, alan ball cannot be the fourth guy again and i have no problem with bringing in somebody to compete and push scandrick, competition amongst is always good, but scandrick wasn't as bad as you are making him out to be, he's not a superstar slot guy and they paid him like he was a superstar slot corner but that's on jerry jones, scandrick is a good player and looking at the depth at corner on this team its hard to find good corners let alone a great one
Scandrick gets beat a lot in the slot dude. Since we're so far apart in what we're seeing I'll just post his numbers from the past 2 seasons, because I hate when debate on topics like this are just based on he said she said.

2010:

On 401 coverage snaps Scandrick was targeted 77 times for a Targer/Snap percentage of 19.2%, which ranked 76 out of 83 Cornerbacks.

On 401 coverage snaps Scandrick gave up 53 receptions for a reception/snap percentage of 13.22%, which ranked 82 out of 83 Cornerbacks.

So in 2010 he was one of the most targeted CBs in the league based on snaps played and also gave up one of the highest completion %s in the league, not a good combination.

But maybe 2010 was just a down year and he rebounded in 2011, let's take a look.

2011:

Scandrick ranks among the bottom 10 again in completion % allowed. In 2011 he was targeted 62 times allowing 43 completions for a completion % of 69.4% ranking 62 out of 66 CBs listed.

Now there are going to be detractors of PFF, but things like targets and completions allowed are pretty cut and dry. Scandrick being a good slot corner is a myth that Cowboys fans have created, but thanks to sites that track CB stats like PFF we can now debunk that myth.

That being said, I didn't need PFF to tell me Scandrick has been a whipping boy these past few seasons. Always put more stock into what your eyes tell you and less of what word of mouth tells you.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw this on BTB. I like this guy's attitude; we need more of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37mQ_...ayer_embedded#!

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Saw this on BTB. I like this guy's attitude; we need more of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37mQ_...ayer_embedded#!
This signing was a jewel. I love him!!! Finally fixed a position that we've been trying to play paddy cake with for years!

Thanks for sharing!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, this is all a mute point because the team likes Scandrick in the slot and he isn't going anywhere so get over it.

Next subject.
Who's tweet was it this time...?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
We don't know that, for all you know Rob could be planning on drafting a new slot corner in Round 2 this year. And even if they did like him there, why can't fans voice their opinions about it on forums like this?
It's still my dream to land Brandon Boykin.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who's tweet was it this time...?
Or Jerry Jones, Garrett, and Rob Ryan say it all the time. Cool story bro.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Or Jerry Jones, Garrett, and Rob Ryan say it all the time. Cool story bro.
I think it's cute that you believe everything you hear and read from Jerry and the coaching staff. According to Rob, Bradie James is a great LB. According to Jerry, Keith Brooking is going to be brought back. According to Garrett, Laurent Robinson was a priority to be resigned.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's cute that you believe everything you hear and read from Jerry and the coaching staff. According to Rob, Bradie James is a great LB. According to Jerry, Keith Brooking is going to be brought back. According to Garrett, Laurent Robinson was a priority to be resigned.
Brooking? No team executive ever said anything about bringing him back. He said something himself and then when asked about it the team was just nice and politically correct. They weren't bringing him back, that was obvious.

Was I wrong about Nicks too bro? He was never getting away from New Orleans and everything I read was wrong right?

I'm sorry but you really just don't get it do you?

The team thinks highly of Scandrick. He is going to be the slot corner so matter what you want to believe. They also just gave him almost $30 million and he is 25 years old. I'm not saying the tam won't draft a corner high, but they like Scandrick and he is going to be playing a lot.

I believe the things I hear that are obvious. I love how you act like all reports mean the exact opposite of what is going to happen. I have my own ideas more than anyone on this site. I just believe experts that I trust when what they say is logical. Scandrick is going to be the slot cornerback for a while. Get over it.

Thinking everything is a smokescreen and trying to be different isn't cool or smart when you are flat out wrong. I would love to insult you but you would ban me. Scandrick is the slot CB, period.

I think it's funny how you know what you are talking about. Go pick Antonio Allen in the 2nd round just to be different and see where it gets you.

EDIT: By the way in another report I read (because I actually use facts to get my points across instead of trying to be different and being completely wrong) Bill Callahan really likes Livings because of his work ethic.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's still my dream to land Brandon Boykin.
He may be out of our range... im starting to become a big fan of Coty Sensabaugh as a nickle option in the 4th.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Brooking? No team executive ever said anything about bringing him back. He said something himself and then when asked about it the team was just nice and politically correct. They weren't bringing him back, that was obvious.

Was I wrong about Nicks too bro? He was never getting away from New Orleans and everything I read was wrong right?

I'm sorry but you really just don't get it do you?

The team thinks highly of Scandrick. He is going to be the slot corner so matter what you want to believe. They also just gave him almost $30 million and he is 25 years old. I'm not saying the tam won't draft a corner high, but they like Scandrick and he is going to be playing a lot.

I believe the things I hear that are obvious. I love how you act like all reports mean the exact opposite of what is going to happen. I have my own ideas more than anyone on this site. I just believe experts that I trust when what they say is logical. Scandrick is going to be the slot cornerback for a while. Get over it.

Thinking everything is a smokescreen and trying to be different isn't cool or smart when you are flat out wrong. I would love to insult you but you would ban me. Scandrick is the slot CB, period.

I think it's funny how you know what you are talking about. Go pick Antonio Allen in the 2nd round just to be different and see where it gets you.

EDIT: By the way in another report I read (because I actually use facts to get my points across instead of trying to be different and being completely wrong) Bill Callahan really likes Livings because of his work ethic.
I see your panic attack over us signing Cortland Finnegan is not yet over. What else is out there on twitter?

Did someone say we might bring back Newman??? I swear you shared the link!!!

Now we must praise everything you say because Nicks hit FA and went to another team.

...and now Livings is a great signing eventhough you hated it at the time? Nice flip flop by a typical Cowboys homer. HEYYYYYY... He's got a star on his helmet...? I guess he's good now!

Better not talk bad about anybody wearing that uniform! Scandrick is AWESOME!!! Why? Because we spent $30 MILLION on him, of course! Now THAT'S what I call... "logical"! Oh and I don't care about PFF stats unless it supports what I think!

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYZZZZZZZZZz!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I see your panic attack over us signing Cortland Finnegan is not yet over. What else is out there on twitter?

Did someone say we might bring back Newman??? I swear you shared the link!!!

Now we must praise everything you say because Nicks hit FA and went to another team.

...and now Livings is a great signing eventhough you hated it at the time? Nice flip flop by a typical Cowboys homer. HEYYYYYY... He's got a star on his helmet...? I guess he's good now!

Better not talk bad about anybody wearing that uniform! Scandrick is AWESOME!!! Why? Because we spent $30 MILLION on him, of course! Now THAT'S what I call... "logical"! Oh and I don't care about PFF stats unless it supports what I think!

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYZZZZZZZZZz!!!!!!!!!!
Scandrick isn't going anywhere. End of discussion.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys need to put on sumo outfits and wrestle it out.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
You guys need to put on sumo outfits and wrestle it out.
I think they are married.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You two act like women on this board. Come on fellas, we can have different opinions without attacking the other person's opinion.

If D wants to use his own insight then he should, if CD wants to go off what he reads then he should.

Now kiss and make up because the rest of us are tired of reading it.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
You two act like women on this board. Come on fellas, we can have different opinions without attacking the other person's opinion.

If D wants to use his own insight then he should, if CD wants to go off what he reads then he should.

Sorry. I will try to ignore it.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Same.

Anyway, Rocky McIntosh is still on the open market. If he's been there for this long I bet we could get him for the veteran minimum. I would like to add youth in the draft but he is a great athlete and would take ILB permanently off of our needs list.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post

You posted, now I must give an obligatory gawwwwwwwwwwwd DAYUM for your avatar. That booty jiggle never gets old.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
You posted, now I must give an obligatory gawwwwwwwwwwwd DAYUM for your avatar. That booty jiggle never gets old.
I like to keep the spirits up when I do actually have the time to post and not just catch up on what all of you guys are saying.

Booty Jiggle for Life

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14
Same.

Anyway, Rocky McIntosh is still on the open market. If he's been there for this long I bet we could get him for the veteran minimum. I would like to add youth in the draft but he is a great athlete and would take ILB permanently off of our needs list.
Is that the same Rocky that played for the Redskins a few years ago and returned a kick for a TD against us that took what felt like 20 seconds to eventuate?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see Leon Lett getting a full time gig with the Cowboys.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Good to see Leon Lett getting a full time gig with the Cowboys.
Yes it is, just keep him out of special teams meetings
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

per www.profootballtalk.com

Quote:
As the Cowboys new top cornerback, Brandon Carr already knows his assignment for Week One: Cover Giants receiver Victor Cruz.

Although Carr has never played against Cruz, he said on ESPNs NFL Live that he knows exactly how to play the kind of physical coverage that will frustrate him.

I want to use all my body. Im six-foot, 200 pounds. I know hes got to run through me to get wherever hes running, so Im going to be patient at the line. All that salsa dancing, thats fine, but youve got to come through me, Carr said, via the Dallas Morning News. I dont plan on seeing no dancing.

Giants tight end Jake Ballard saw those comments and responded, Good luck buddy.
I think this would be a big mistake by Dallas if they plan on putting Carr on Cruz. Cruz will eat him alive in the slot. Carr doesn't have the hips to keep up with Cruz in the slot. He's much better suited to defend Nicks on the outside. He's big and physical and can jam Nicks at the line and keep up with him downfield. If I'm Dallas, I'm putting Carr on Nicks 1 on 1 and double up on Cruz in the slot.

If you put Carr on Cruz in the slot, he's not going to be able to keep up.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
per www.profootballtalk.com

I think this would be a big mistake by Dallas if they plan on putting Carr on Cruz. Cruz will eat him alive in the slot. Carr doesn't have the hips to keep up with Cruz in the slot. He's much better suited to defend Nicks on the outside. He's big and physical and can jam Nicks at the line and keep up with him downfield. If I'm Dallas, I'm putting Carr on Nicks 1 on 1 and double up on Cruz in the slot.

If you put Carr on Cruz in the slot, he's not going to be able to keep up.
I saw that. I wouldn't reach much into that. He said that at the end of March, there really is no substance to that. If he isn't on Nicks i'll be shocked. Carr definitely isn't playing in the slot though so that is not going to happen. We usually don't rotate our CB's so if Cruz is on Carr's side then he will cover him, but he definitely isn't going to shadow him or play in the slot. Like you said, he really is tailor made to cover Nicks.

Again, it was an interview in March. I highly doubt Rob Ryan already said to him "Sept. 5th you have Cruz." It makes no sense at this point in time. Even Rob Ryan isn't that dumb. In the nickel Scandrick will be in the slot.

Oh and Ballard...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I saw that. I wouldn't reach much into that. He said that at the end of March, there really is no substance to that. If he isn't on Nicks i'll be shocked. Carr definitely isn't playing in the slot though so that is not going to happen. We usually don't rotate our CB's so if Cruz is on Carr's side then he will cover him, but he definitely isn't going to shadow him or play in the slot. Like you said, he really is tailor made to cover Nicks.

Again, it was an interview in March. I highly doubt Rob Ryan already said to him "Sept. 5th you have Cruz." It makes no sense at this point in time. Even Rob Ryan isn't that dumb. In the nickel Scandrick will be in the slot.

Oh and Ballard...
Rob ran some unique coverages on Cruz last year. He brought the safety down and played inside/outside on Cruz in the slot with the safety defending the left side and the CB defending the right, so Cruz couldn't get free in the middle of the field on his option routes. And he took the SS and played him High.

The problem with that was Cruz was fast and strong enough to break through downfield and beat the double jam, plus it since the SS shaded towards Nicks you pretty much had zero coverage on Cruz and Mario downfield on the other end.

But now with Carr, I'm curious to see if he'll modify this coverage so that the High SS shades towards Cruz + 3rd WR's side and leaves Carr 1 on 1 with Nicks on the other side. That might work if Carr can hold up.

It would also put pressure on the TE to get open on the ILBs, but with Lee and Carter out there I think you can trust your LB coverage a lot more in the middle of the field.

Of course, this put's a lot of stress on the front 4 to get to the qb, but the coverage scheme on paper could work as long as that front 4 can generate decent pressure and Carr can hold up.