Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy with the resigning of McClain.

He's a pretty solid starter for your #2 ILB.

I don't think this takes away from our chances of drafting an ILB this draft. I will reiterate what Co has said. McClain will play #2 to both Ray and whomever we draft.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Pees a 34 or a 43 guy? I know he is a soft zone kinda guy like Mattison. I think MCClain could play SLB in a 43. He dominated at MLB in a 43 against the 49ers.

I think we are going to look at either WR or Oline round 1.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ayanbadejo & Graham are good ST players and can maybe help a little on defense if needed. Solid signings.

I'm glad to get McClain back. I'm not super high on him but its good to keep the consistency on D and keeping him for 3 years is amount of time to see if he gets better. Another ILB is now less of a needed but McClain won't stop us if we want to draft a guy like Hightower.

Just read we also brought in Sean Considine. Another special teams player and some safety depth. Good move now that Zbi and Nakamura are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I think we are going to look at either WR or Oline round 1.
I really like OL if any of the tackles reaches us (including Glenn who can be that LG and maybe kick out to RT eventually.) The interior OL class is pretty strong so I think we wait and grab a guy in the 2nd or 3rd instead of the 1st for an interior player.

If a guy like Jeffrey is there, I'm not really sure what our teams does. I don't know what WR will be there.

My main hope is that some good talent slides down the draft for some reason and we snap him up like we always do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 03-23-2012 at 06:31 PM.
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per NFLN:

Ed Reed was quoted as saying "4 to 5" more years is a real possibility for him.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real question is do we want him starting for 4 or 5 more years. You could tell he was trying to protect his body last season and his tackling was pretty horrid because of it. I still hope we keep him around though, even if he has to move into a reserve role it would be nice to have his presence on the team.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The real question is do we want him starting for 4 or 5 more years. You could tell he was trying to protect his body last season and his tackling was pretty horrid because of it. I still hope we keep him around though, even if he has to move into a reserve role it would be nice to have his presence on the team.
He might have also been playing hurt. I think for at least a few more years it will be nice having him patrol that backfield even if he doesn't contribute as much in the run game

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-30-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
He might have also been playing hurt. I think for at least a few more years it will be nice having him patrol that backfield even if he doesn't contribute as much in the run game
It's not just the run game I'm worried about, it's him tackling anybody at all. There's nothing to suggest he was playing hurt last season nor do I remember seeing anything about him having any procedures done after season ended. His production is starting to become very inconsistent, there were quite a few games last season that he didn't make an impact on the game at all.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm pretty sure he had a shoulder injury near the end of the season, but I do agree with c0 that Ed did seem to be a little more hesitant to tackle last season
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens lock up Webb for 6 years. Didn't see the money, though.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Ravens lock up Webb for 6 years. Didn't see the money, though.
Truck Yeah.

As for Ed. His comments about the team's lack of respect for him kind of irked me. He's going to want a huge deal after this season to stick around.

Last edited by America : 04-05-2012 at 10:57 AM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah those comments from Ed really makes me nervous. We have too much to worry about with Rice and flacco. It would suck to see Reed somewhere else.

But 6 years 50 million for Webb. a 10 million dollar signing bonus so glad to see him locked up
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It's not just the run game I'm worried about, it's him tackling anybody at all. There's nothing to suggest he was playing hurt last season nor do I remember seeing anything about him having any procedures done after season ended. His production is starting to become very inconsistent, there were quite a few games last season that he didn't make an impact on the game at all.
There were a number of times last year that Reed stayed on the ground after making a tackle.

As far as not having procedures after the season, IIRC Reed is very against having surgery to prolong his career.

p.s. psyched about the Webb deal

I am slightly annoyed about his comments about the team. I think he may be suffering from "wants a ring" syndrome. He probably wants to be remembered as one of if not the greatest safeties of all time and a ring would be a important.

I hate to say it, but Reed may see this team as one going into a rebuilding stage and may leave to go to a team he thinks is ready to win right away.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

If Reed isn't willing to help his body heal then I'm not going to expect an improvement or reemergence from him anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned he can leave if he wants a lot of money to stick around. It would be a sad day as a Ravens fan and a Reed fan (he's been my favorite player since I started following the game) to see him leave but all I'm interested in is what's best for the team going forward. Now if he signs an extension or new deal that isn't outrageous then I would be happy to see him back for the Ravens.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TOP 15 MOST LIKELY FIRST 3 ROUND DRAFT CHOICES.

1st Round
OG David DeCastro
OL Cordy Glenn
OLB Courntey Upshaw
C Pete Konz
OLB Melvin Ingram

2nd Round
OLB Vinny Curry
OLB Andre Branch
WR Brian Quick
ILB Bobby Wagner
OG Kelechi Osemele

3rd Round
RB Robert Turbin
WR Chris Givens
RB Bernard Pierce
OG Brandon Brooks
RB Isiah Pead
Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real happy to get Webb locked up. He took his game to the next level last year and could be a real playmaker going forward. Webb, Williams, and Smith can be a good trio of CBs going forward. We did a nice job shoring up the position after it was such a weakness a little while ago.

Next up is Rice and then Flacco. Lets get these deals done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
TOP 15 MOST LIKELY FIRST 3 ROUND DRAFT CHOICES.

1st Round
OG David DeCastro
OL Cordy Glenn
OLB Courntey Upshaw
C Pete Konz
OLB Melvin Ingram

2nd Round
OLB Vinny Curry
OLB Andre Branch
WR Brian Quick
ILB Bobby Wagner
OG Kelechi Osemele

3rd Round
RB Robert Turbin
WR Chris Givens
RB Bernard Pierce
OG Brandon Brooks
RB Isiah Pead
Round one:
- There is no way DeCastro falls to us.
- Mike Adams should be on that list
- still not sold on Konz
- I don't know how I feel about Ingram
- Hightower should be on the list as well
- same for Wright

Round two:
- Silatolu needs to be on the list
- No way to Vinny Curry
- I like Osemele but I don't think he fits the mold of what we are trying to do with this OL, i.e. more athletic, pulling OGs.
-one of the center prospects should probably be considered here

Round three:
- I would be furious if we took a RB in the top 100
- I like Givens
- I like Brooks but again, I don't think he fits the mold of what we are looking to do on the OL
- one of the Center prospects should probably be considered here
- possibly Audie Cole

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

With Kruger Ngata Mcphee and sizzle rushing the passer do you guys think thats enough to generate a pass rush to not make Pees pansy D look pathetic? I remember when we didnt have too much of a pass rush and we ran a pansy D w/ Mattison it was just embarassing
Old 04-07-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With Kruger Ngata Mcphee and sizzle rushing the passer do you guys think thats enough to generate a pass rush to not make Pees pansy D look pathetic? I remember when we didnt have too much of a pass rush and we ran a pansy D w/ Mattison it was just embarassing
I think we have enough guys with pass rush skills. Still, it will all depend on how they are utilized and what blitz packages are dialed up

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we have enough guys with pass rush skills. Still, it will all depend on how they are utilized and what blitz packages are dialed up
Let's hope Pees learned something under Chuck last year. It's not entirely out of the question that he'll change his defensive style.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not really, but I'm not much of a Kruger fan either. Ngata is inconsistent at best in terms of getting to the QB and I'm not totally confident in McPhee yet. I don't think the team will target an OLB in the draft unless it's a clear BPA type of pick though. They might want to give both Kruger and Kindle a real shot this season. Another DE is needed because of the lack of depth at the position although a rotational player might be all that's needed. I'm still not sold on Jones an McPhee being a good solution.

A lot depends on how Pees wants to generate pressure. If he's the same as he was in New England then I wouldn't expect much of an effort to manufacture a pass-rush and we'll be relying on the front seven to consistently beat their blocks. Hopefully that's not what happens.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Round one:
- I don't know how I feel about Ingram
Round two:
- No way to Vinny Curry
- I like Osemele but I don't think he fits the mold of what we are trying to do with this OL, i.e. more athletic, pulling OGs.
Round three:
- I would be furious if we took a RB in the top 100
1) Ingram is a playmaker and a solid edge rusher as well.
Overall, very versatile and would be an upgrade over Kruger.
2) No way to Vinny Curry?! He's one of the top 5 best pass rushers in the draft. He's an awesome 3-4 prospect.
3) Ravens need big smashmouth lineman to power through and finish games. Osemele certainly fits the mold of Ravens culture in every way. He's also versatile enough to kick out to RT, but will mostly be an inside man.
4) ?? Your reasoning is nonexistent. Ravens need youth and power to backup Ray Rice. Aside from Anthony Allen, there is nobody. Ravens need a change of pace, more physical back to help out.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
3) Ravens need big smashmouth lineman to power through and finish games. Osemele certainly fits the mold of Ravens culture in every way. He's also versatile enough to kick out to RT, but will mostly be an inside man.
The Ravens use a zone blocking scheme now so the mold of a big mauler doesn't apply anymore.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
2) No way to Vinny Curry?! He's one of the top 5 best pass rushers in the draft. He's an awesome 3-4 prospect.
4) ?? Your reasoning is nonexistent. Ravens need youth and power to backup Ray Rice. Aside from Anthony Allen, there is nobody. Ravens need a change of pace, more physical back to help out.
I'd be shocked if Ingram dropped but we'd have to jump on him. He's a stud, versatile like Adalius was for us.

I'd be a little worried about Vinny Curry in a 3-4. He's great on tape running the arc (and his 3 cone drill time is great) and I agree that he's a top pass rusher production wise in this draft, but I think putting him in a 3-4 wouldn't be using him to his best ability. I didn't watch enough of him to see if he stood up or dropped back a lot but he wasn't the most graceful in linebacker drills at the combine.

I think Sloopy said it right, we need strong, mobile guys for the ZBS, not just maulers.

I wouldn't be thrilled to spend an early pick on a running back, just because I think we have more dire needs and we can get a quality vet in FA.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
1) Ingram has short arms and honestly may end up being a situational pass rusher like Kruger. While he may be an upgrade over Kruger, he (Kruger) is still solid; so why spend a first round draft pick on Ingram when a greater net gain could be made elsewhere.

2) Curry is a pass rusher, we don't necessarily need a top pass rusher with the # of situational types we already have. I just really don't see us targeting an OLB that high as we may have to see what Kindle and Kruger are capable of in full time roles before we move on from them. Even if we did, I would much rather target Shea McClellin.

3) We use a zone blocking scheme, and while I like the big smash-mouth guys, it just isn't our style anymore.

4)Taking a RB in the top 100 is only okay if you intend to give him a majority of the carries. Simple as that

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

We made an offer to Jason Brown I hope he signs. I wont complain with McKinnie/Brown/Birk/Yanda/Reid as the oline. Obviously the main weakness will be Birk. I wish we could ditch him for Gurode but oh well