Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh absolutely. It's the best part of that movie.
And When I see Van Helsing I will slay him!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went on a field trip in high school to Stratford, Ontario, where they have the "Stratford festival" and a bunch of plays that week or whatever. First night it was King Lear, very difficult to follow because I hadn't read it and had no clue what they were saying. Also, it was boring. Then, the second night was Oklahoma. I was dreading it a bit since I had never seen a musical and assumed they were all very Rudy Cool. But then when I saw it, it turned out to be amazingly well done. It was very, very funny as well, as Ali Hakim(for anyone who has seen it) is a funny funny character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I went on a field trip in high school to Stratford, Ontario, where they have the "Stratford festival" and a bunch of plays that week or whatever. First night it was King Lear, very difficult to follow because I hadn't read it and had no clue what they were saying. Also, it was boring. Then, the second night was Oklahoma. I was dreading it a bit since I had never seen a musical and assumed they were all very Rudy Cool. But then when I saw it, it turned out to be amazingly well done. It was very, very funny as well, as Ali Hakim(for anyone who has seen it) is a funny funny character.
I also took a trip to Stratford with my grade 12 class 3 years ago. That is where I saw Into The Woods for the first time and a few other decent plays and then was able to ditch the trip with my friend to go to the Toronto International Film Festival.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Lear is pretty BA

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
King Lear is pretty BA
I'm a huge Macbeth fan. Seriously, the last act is just bad ass.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in Midsummer Night's Dream myself as Bottom. I do love Macbeth and Hamlet a lot.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Shakespeare really is off and on with me. It's all about the performance and setting whether some cast can pull off shakespeare for me or not. That said that woman sure could write plays.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw "Miss Saigon" a few weeks ago and I liked it.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I'm a huge Macbeth fan. Seriously, the last act is just bad ass.
note to all:

shakespeare's historical plays... like henry v. are pretty much the standard for awesomeness as well.

henry v has one of the greatest battle speeches of all time.

"This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day"

Old 10-29-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I was in Midsummer Night's Dream myself as Bottom. I do love Macbeth and Hamlet a lot.
Midsummer Night's Dream is very well written, but it can be killed by the actors in it. I find that the people who take the roles too seriously in Midsummer Night's Dream usually end up doing a crappy job with the production. It is meant to be a fun play and the more that is conveyed to the audience the better received it is.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
note to all:

shakespeare's historical plays... like henry v. are pretty much the standard for awesomeness as well.
I read Julius Ceaser in 6th grade and it is still one of my favorite Shakespeare plays to this day. Brutus is one of my favorite characters in any body of literary work.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-29-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I read Julius Ceaser in 6th grade and it is still one of my favorite Shakespeare plays to this day. Brutus is one of my favorite characters in any body of literary work.
not to get all literary again... but. what's really cool is comparing dante's analysis of brutus to shakespeares analysis.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I saw "Miss Saigon" a few weeks ago and I liked it.
I have actually never seen Miss Saigon as the production is limited in terms of venue due to the helicopter (though, I'm not sure how really necessary it is?)

Anyway, by listening to the sound track so much, I can def. imagine it. Michel-Schonberg really nailed two in a row with Saigon and Les Mis, but he has really blown ever since.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive seen "We will Rock you" and "Fame" and both were awesome. The Story in fame was a lot better than in "We Will Rock You" but the songs in the latter one were definitely better

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Ive seen "We will Rock you" and "Fame" and both were awesome. The Story in fame was a lot better than in "We Will Rock You" but the songs in the latter one were definitely better
Never seen We Will Rock You, but you can't go wrong with Queen.

Fame was on my Top 20 list for awhile. In 8th grade, my High School did an absolutely incredible production of it. Put it up there for me. Great great music, but the book is only sub-par as it is loosely based on the movie (though it assumes the movie is false and the musical is real life). It is quite possible for me to be directing Fame in 2010.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will Rock you's story was weird, but the songs were just awesome.

Fame was the first Musical i have ever seen and it kinda knocked me of my socks. I was in 10th grade and you know, you just dont really feel like Musicals are cool at all. It was funny, it sounded really nice, it was essentially a disney movie for adults lol

Old 10-31-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
We will Rock you's story was weird, but the songs were just awesome.

Fame was the first Musical i have ever seen and it kinda knocked me of my socks. I was in 10th grade and you know, you just dont really feel like Musicals are cool at all. It was funny, it sounded really nice, it was essentially a disney movie for adults lol
Glad you enjoyed it. They've edited the script some. It is interesting that a musical about theater was so enjoyable for you! That is pretty awesome.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Why has this thread died? It is epic.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Why has this thread died? It is epic.
You really can only talk about musicals for so long. I watched Rocky Horror Picture Show last weekend and I forgot how insane the plot is. Though, Meatloaf is bad ass.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
You really can only talk about musicals for so long. I watched Rocky Horror Picture Show last weekend and I forgot how insane the plot is. Though, Meatloaf is bad ass.
I could talk about them for the rest of my life.

Haha, yeah, it is nuts. A really good stage production is incredible though. So much subtext in such a niche show. I saw one great production at OSU.

Bloomsburg is doing Bat Boy this weekend, I'm going to go see it tomorrow night.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I am bumping this thread from 4 years ago to share my most recent experience. As some of you know, I direct the musical at the high school I teach at. We just closed "Seussical" and the composer/writer of the show, Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime, Once On This Island, Anastasia, My Favorite Year, Lucky Stiff,) actually attended the show (his niece was in it). He flew in from Russia and was very complimentary, spending some time with the kids afterwards. It was awesome. I got a picture:

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Good for you! must have been a great experience for you

Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's awesome JBond!!! Being in musicals is the one thing I miss most about high school haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tighten up that tie Jboobie.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Hey, after the closing performance, my tie is getting loosened. :)

Follow Me on Twitter!