Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
wicket, first let me commend you for your bluntness and honesty. Some posters (not from this forum) might not have taken the high road and just called me some four-letter words and that would have been the end of it. You; however, have given us more insight on your dislike of the Saints' trade in last year's draft and I appreciate it.

That said, I realize that we are on opposite sides of the coin on this issue. Sure, as a draftnik (just like everyone here), I dislike the fact that the Saints do not have a first round selection due to the Ingram deal. The fact we did so well without Ingram for the last few games of the season also weighs heavily in your argument's corner.

I suppose the thing that sticks with me the most is the fact that Ingram, in my opinion, could, could have the potential to become the feature back in New Orleans' offense, if given the opportunity. I truly believe that. I know this could be considered blasphemy, but I feel Ingram is a more balanced back than Chris Ivory and is more polished than Pierre Thomas. Of course, he is nothing like the "Swiss Army Knife" of our offense, Darren Sproles, but then, no one (not even Reggie Bush) is.

I agree with you, though, neither you nor I are in the Saints' front office (even if we have done our fair share of mock drafts and played Madden dynasties for years) and do not have the professional background they have. Although, there have always been some head scratchers in terms of questionable picks the Saints have made in the past, I have faith that this one will turn out for the best in the long run. And if I'm wrong, well, what can I say, it wouldn't be the first time that I've been wrong and it sure as hell won't be the last.
Its not that we dont have a first I care about, its what we spent for that 1st.

As long as Payton/Brees are here, there will not be a feature back so it was kinda pointless for our team to draft one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Okay, let's all huddle up here.

*calls in diabsoule, CJSchneider, wicket, Auron, zachsaints52, Flyboy, Sveen and all other Saints fans*

I know that several of us are not in agreement in the Saints decision in the 2011 NFL Draft to trade our first rounder this year in order to move up and select Mark Ingram.

Whether you agree, disagree or are neutral is neither here nor there. The question I have for you is this, who do you want the Saints to select with our first selection in this year's draft? Who do you think the Saints should target? Who would you select if you were Mickey Loomis, Sean Payton and the whole krewe down there in New Orleans?
Bruce Irvin. We need pass rush and he is best that could be available to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
its a tough one, if by some miracle zach brown would be available hed be my pick but id be fine with guys like wagner, david and burfict with the first pick. I dont think all of em would be available though, maybe one or two
Zach Brown would be nice.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if we keep hoping they draft a LB, eventually they will listen to us and do it. However, there is a great deal to play out in FA before I make any "written in stone" predictions. I would like to see us look at Kendell Reyes or Bobby Wagner.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they listen, theyll just point out they drafted Tez and Nate last year. We need to realize we will always go BPA.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
If they listen, theyll just point out they drafted Tez and Nate last year. We need to realize we will always go BPA.
they almost go away from needs just to prove they will go "bpa"

honestly I dont think there is such a thing as picking BPA as there are needs and fits and such to consider and everyone saying they would truely pick bpa are kidding themselves

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
they almost go away from needs just to prove they will go "bpa"

honestly I dont think there is such a thing as picking BPA as there are needs and fits and such to consider and everyone saying they would truely pick bpa are kidding themselves
We used to not know about fits Cough JasonDavid cough.

I really like Irvin though. I feel he could provide pass rush early, and can develop into a 3 down LB in the future.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Cough Bruce Irvin Cough.

:)
Old 03-03-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I suppose we can throw in the towel for this year's draft... looks like we're going to lose the majority of our early round selections. (shakes head)

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the 2012 NFL Draft has gone down the toilet already. That said I hope we find out the punishment sooner rather then later so that the front office can know what they are working with entering the draft and more importantly free agency.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a boring draft waiting until round 3, but are Saints fans anticipating the draft? What are some of the team's needs?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for the Draft! Even though we aren't selecting until late in the third round I still love the Draft :)

I think we will continue to go for the best player available which most of the time means that we take the guy that should have been taken earlier (e.g. Martez Wilson, Jimmy Graham, Charles Brown, Carl Nicks). Hopefully we can find a guy or two that will contribute in 2012, but selecting so late I wouldn't expect any starters for this upcoming season. I think it will be mostly positioning ourselves for 2013 and beyond.

Signature made by me

Old 03-23-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Its a boring draft waiting until round 3, but are Saints fans anticipating the draft? What are some of the team's needs?
our front 7 was in dire straits before FA but the FO is fixing that with smart contracts, basically the saints could use a linebacker above all but also DTs, a CB and a speed receiver

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

The compensatory picks will be announced soon. Let's cross our fingers and hope for some more picks. We sure need it

Update: Sadly, no compensatory picks for us.

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 03-26-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but we will be due some next year for sure.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm doing a mock draft on twitter with fellow draftniks and through six rounds this is what the Saints draft is looking like:

3. TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette
4. WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida International
5. OT James Brown, Troy
6. DT Jaye Howard, Florida

I'm loving it, if I do say so myself

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm doing a mock draft on twitter with fellow draftniks and through six rounds this is what the Saints draft is looking like:

5. OT James Brown, Troy

Could be another Colston
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Could be another Colston
I've been thinking the exact same thing

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

5. OT James Brown, Troy

Hilton is flat out fast. I coach with the father of one of his teammates, CB, Sam Miller.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I would love it if we could get Ladarius Green. Pairing him with Jimmy Graham would be amazing!

Signature made by me

Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I just finished the draft. Here's the final result

3. TE Ladarius Green
4. WR T.Y. Hilton
5. OT James Brown
6. DT Jaye Howard
7. DE Frank Alexander

Overall, I think that's a pretty impressive haul and I'd be happy in the pants if that's how the Saints draft went in April

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
I just finished the draft. Here's the final result

3. TE Ladarius Green
4. WR T.Y. Hilton
5. OT James Brown
6. DT Jaye Howard
7. DE Frank Alexander

Overall, I think that's a pretty impressive haul and I'd be happy in the pants if that's how the Saints draft went in April
personally not the biggest fan of TY hilton for the saints offense but overall a good job

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. This Draft is going to be all about Value at each Pick, because our Draft has been butchered down (missing our 1st, and 2nd rounder this year) it's going to be all about the bang for the buck we can get at each pick.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I tried going BPA with each pick, most just happened to be on offense.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-01-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a good haul, diab. If somehow Alshon Jeffrey is there for us at our pick, I think we should really jump on that. I'd like Green too, though.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Just finished another mock draft where I was the Saints. All of these involve a ton of draft niks from twitter. Here's what the Saints draft looked like:

3. Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
4. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
5. Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State
6. Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
7. Robert Golden, CB, Arizona

This draft was really difficult as most of my targets were sniped one to two picks ahead of where I was drafting.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-13-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Just finished another mock draft where I was the Saints. All of these involve a ton of draft niks from twitter. Here's what the Saints draft looked like:

3. Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
4. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State
5. Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State
6. Russell Wilson, QB, Wisconsin
7. Robert Golden, CB, Arizona

This draft was really difficult as most of my targets were sniped one to two picks ahead of where I was drafting.
Out of all five picks, I like round 4 and 5 the most.