Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey Jughead I told you that Pineda's velocity thing was an issue. Sounds like he might be the one pegged for AAA.
That's not issue. I told you I think it could be him. They don't like his work ethic. Although I disagree with the choice. I would leave Nova and Pineda in the rotation and let the compete the first month of the year until Pettitte comes back. At that point make decision based upon the first month of the year. Who knows, at that point one of them or even someone else could be injured and the decision is made for you.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillies interested in Paul Janish...deal.
For anything.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Royals sign Alex Gordon to 4 year deal with an option for 2016
Old 03-31-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 Team 5x5

C M Napoli
1B M Teixeira
2B D Pedroia
3B B Lawrie
SS E Andrus
2B/SS N Walker
1B/3B M Reynolds
OF R Braun
OF D Jennings
OF L Morrison
OF M Joyce
OF E Bonifacio
UTIL B Butler
-
P M Cain
P J Johnson
P T Hanson
P C Luebke
P A Bailey
P S Santos
P C Perez
P J Chacin
-
BN P Bourjos
BN S Drew
BN D Viciedo

never found good value on pitching so that kinda sucks same with OF

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
12 Team 5x5

I think you raped that draft. Johnson will compete for a Cy Young, Cain will be dominant, and Hanson will be dominant for the half season that he's healthy. Braun and Jennings help cover any mistakes in the outfield too. That's a deep playoff run type of draft.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
12 Team 5x5

C M Napoli
1B M Teixeira
2B D Pedroia
3B B Lawrie
SS E Andrus
2B/SS N Walker
1B/3B M Reynolds
OF R Braun
OF D Jennings
OF L Morrison
OF M Joyce
OF E Bonifacio
UTIL B Butler
-
P M Cain
P J Johnson
P T Hanson
P C Luebke
P A Bailey
P S Santos
P C Perez
P J Chacin
-
BN P Bourjos
BN S Drew
BN D Viciedo

Looks very good depending on what you think of the young guys. I dont know the most about baseball though, so take muy advice with a grain of salt. Seems to me a good deal of your fate will be tied to the production of Lawrie/Jennings/Josh Johnson/Hanson though.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
12 Team 5x5

C M Napoli
1B M Teixeira
2B D Pedroia
3B B Lawrie
SS E Andrus
2B/SS N Walker
1B/3B M Reynolds
OF R Braun
OF D Jennings
OF L Morrison
OF M Joyce
OF E Bonifacio
UTIL B Butler
-
P M Cain
P J Johnson
P T Hanson
P C Luebke
P A Bailey
P S Santos
P C Perez
P J Chacin
-
BN P Bourjos
BN S Drew
BN D Viciedo

Pretty good Fenikz. No Goldschmidt?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
12 Team 5x5

C M Napoli
1B M Teixeira
2B D Pedroia
3B B Lawrie
SS E Andrus
2B/SS N Walker
1B/3B M Reynolds
OF R Braun
OF D Jennings
OF L Morrison
OF M Joyce
OF E Bonifacio
UTIL B Butler
-
P M Cain
P J Johnson
P T Hanson
P C Luebke
P A Bailey
P S Santos
P C Perez
P J Chacin
-
BN P Bourjos
BN S Drew
BN D Viciedo

Parts look similar to mine that I had on the last page
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did this before spring training, but let's update them — What is your team's 25-man roster, lineup, rotation, etc. Post them once they're set or basically set.

Detroit Tigers

Lineup
1. Austin Jackson, CF
2. Brennan Boesch, RF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B
4. Prince Fielder, 1B
5. Delmon Young, LF
6. Alex Avila, C
7. Jhonny Peralta, SS
8. Ryan Raburn, DH
9. Ramon Santiago, 2B

Bench
Andy Dirks, OF (small chance it's Clete Thomas)
Gerald Laird, C
Don Kelly, 1B/3B/OF
Brandon Inge, 2B/3B (small chance it's Danny Worth)

Rotation
1. Justin Verlander, RH
2. Doug Fister, RH
3. Max Scherzer, RH
4. Rick Porcello, RH
5. Drew Smyly, LH (rookie)

Bullpen
Jose Valverde, CL
Joaquin Benoit, SU
Octavio Dotel, SU
Phil Coke, LH
Daniel Schlereth, LH
Luis Marte, RH (rookie)
Collin Balester, RH
(Al Alburquerque — Disabled list until midseason)

Projected record — 95-67
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...dium=twitte r

More garbage gone. Got JJ Hoover back.
Any word on him?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox starting rotation:

1-J. Lester
2- J. Beckett
3- C. Bucholz
4. F. Doubront
5- D. Bard

I'm excited to see how our new 4 and 5 pitchers do. The potential is there, that's for sure.
Then we'll have DiceK and Slackey coming back later on...
I'm still a DiceK supporter but I want Slackey out of town... like yesterday!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Red Sox starting rotation:

1-J. Lester
2- J. Beckett
3- C. Bucholz
4. F. Doubront
5- D. Bard

I'm excited to see how our new 4 and 5 pitchers do. The potential is there, that's for sure.
Then we'll have DiceK and Slackey coming back later on...
I'm still a DiceK supporter but I want Slackey out of town... like yesterday!
I thought Aceves was in the rotation and Bard was back to the pen? I guess all the reports last week were false?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, it was all speculation until Valentine announced it yesterday (I believe)
I like Aceves as the #6/jack of all trades type. Makes our rotation that more flexible.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...s_bos&c_id=bos

Last edited by Nalej : 04-01-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Link added
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Are there any notable names of guys that might get cut that can't be sent to the minors?

Brandon Inge will probably, unfortunately make the Tigers' 25-man roster to begin the year, but it's possible he gets cut soon after.

OF Clete Thomas would be a good pickup for some teams if the Tigers keep Andy Dirks over him.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...dium=twitte r

More garbage gone. Got JJ Hoover back.
Any word on him?
Hoover seems like he could be a decent setup guy. Really came on strong last year in the minors. Incredibly expendable for the Braves considering they have about 4 young short relief guys better than him already in the system.

Still, a little surprised the Braves gave up an arm for a guy who seems to be awful and lazy if that link is to be believed.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Hoover seems like he could be a decent setup guy. Really came on strong last year in the minors. Incredibly expendable for the Braves considering they have about 4 young short relief guys better than him already in the system.

Still, a little surprised the Braves gave up an arm for a guy who seems to be awful and lazy if that link is to be believed.
He is lazy.
He has no plate discipline.
Strike out or HR type.

That said, if you somehow harness his potential, you have a stud.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-01-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
He is lazy.
He has no plate discipline.
Strike out or HR type.

That said, if you somehow harness his potential, you have a stud.
I had big hopes for Juan.
Where would Hoover ranked now in our pitching prospects?

Edit:
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/wat...ipad/#list=atl
Won't let me copy paste what they say. Also has a vid of him

Last edited by redbills : 04-01-2012 at 01:57 PM.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my friends just tweeted Joe Mauer tore his ACL, but I can't find it anywhere. If this is true, I will murder every living thing.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
One of my friends just tweeted Joe Mauer tore his ACL, but I can't find it anywhere. If this is true, I will murder every living thing.
April 1st.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
April 1st.
Damnit. I hate my life.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
April 1st.
Quote:
Damnit. I hate my life.
Haha! This is hilarious!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harold Reynolds took Mariano Rivera with his first round pick in the MLB network fantasy draft. Jeebus Rice
Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Being a Giants fan sucks ass. Thank God they won the World Series because that will be the very last one I'll see them win. **** this ****.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Are there any notable names of guys that might get cut that can't be sent to the minors?

Brandon Inge will probably, unfortunately make the Tigers' 25-man roster to begin the year, but it's possible he gets cut soon after.

OF Clete Thomas would be a good pickup for some teams if the Tigers keep Andy Dirks over him.
Justin Maxwell I would think will end up on some other team. He's out of options. He hit 16 HRs in 177 ABs in AAA before getting injured last year.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Being a Giants fan sucks ass. Thank God they won the World Series because that will be the very last one I'll see them win. **** this ****.
What exacrly provoked this? Isnt it kind of early to ***** about how much your team sucks?

And I have no idea how that angry face got up there...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote