Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That's a crock of ****. That match and that finish was ******** and helped nobody, not to mention it pissed off the crowd and everyone watching at home.
That sucked. I was really looking forward to that match.. Obviously quite a few people in the crowd were too, seeing as how there were a ton of YES signs and chants for him during his entrance. And then the bell rang. GOTTA HAVE TIME FOR THAT BIG FLO RIDA AND MGK PERFORMANCE! People paid to see musical performances tonight right?

I'm not entirely mad because Bryan at least had a good run with the Championship and was able to get over.. but man, what a way to deflate the audience.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FINE I'll be the first to rate the matches:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Randy Orton vs. Kane ***
Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes **
Divas Tag *
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels ****
Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny **
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho ****
The Rock vs. John Cena ***

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a crock of ****. That match and that finish was ******** and helped nobody, not to mention it pissed off the crowd and everyone watching at home.
The crowd wasn't pissed off, and I'm guessing most people were just happy Bryan lost (since most wrestling fans are 8 and still think it's real).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually thought Johnny and Teddy was a pretty good match, minus the stupid Eve crap.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The crowd wasn't pissed off, and I'm guessing most people were just happy Bryan lost (since most wrestling fans are 8 and still think it's real).
Did you miss how over Bryan was, BF? The ******** chants during the Ace promo in the back afterwards? The random "YES" and "Daniel Bryan" chants during the next few matches? How the crowd was much less alive until the Hell in a Cell happened? You're ******* delusional.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
FINE I'll be the first to rate the matches:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Randy Orton vs. Kane ***
Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes **
Divas Tag *
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels ****
Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny **
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho ****
The Rock vs. John Cena ***
Bryan/Sheamus- DUD
Orton/Kane- ***
Big Show/Cody- **
Divas Tag- 1/2*
Taker/HHH- ****3/4 (almost a perfect match truthfully)
Teddy/Johnny- **
Jericho/Punk- ****1/4
Cena/Rock- ***1/4

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Well of course they were less alive when they're fed the filler matches early on.

It's not the way I would have structured the show but I'm hardly surprised. This Wrestlemania was about the 3 headlining matches, and all three of those matches were great. That's all anyone will remember, and all anyone will care about.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

3 stars for Cena/Rock but 4 for Jericho/Punk is delusional. The Jericho/Punk wasn't really all that impressive (and was mired by the weird stipulation). I wanted to love that match, but really didn't. Even if you're just judging by workrate, I don't see how Cena/Rock doesn't get 4 stars, let alone the fact that the crowd was clearly into it.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
3 stars for Cena/Rock but 4 for Jericho/Punk is delusional. The Jericho/Punk wasn't really all that impressive (and was mired by the weird stipulation). I wanted to love that match, but really didn't. Even if you're just judging by workrate, I don't see how Cena/Rock doesn't get 4 stars, let alone the fact that the crowd was clearly into it.
Because Jericho/Punk was a damn solid wrestling match, while Cena/Rock devolved into Cena carrying The Rock's rusty ass for the last two-thirds of it.

And so what if Sheamus/Bryan wasn't a headlining match? Benoit/Angle wasn't in 2001, yet it got nearly 15 minutes and was a great match. Rey/Cody wasn't last year, yet it got 12 minutes and was one of the better matches on the show. It was a ******* World Title match, that was an absolutely disgraceful match and offensive to me as a massive Bryan mark.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Because Jericho/Punk was a damn solid wrestling match, while Cena/Rock devolved into Cena carrying The Rock's rusty ass for the last two-thirds of it.

And so what if Sheamus/Bryan wasn't a headlining match? Benoit/Angle wasn't in 2001, yet it got nearly 15 minutes and was a great match. Rey/Cody wasn't last year, yet it got 12 minutes and was one of the better matches on the show. It was a ******* World Title match, that was an absolutely disgraceful match and offensive to me as a massive Bryan mark.
Yeah but the WWE doesn't care about fans like you, so I'm not sure why this is at all insulting. I'm not saying it's the right decision, I just don't think it's a really big deal in the long run. If they built their product on having great technical matches then it would be a disappointment, but they don't give a **** about that, and haven't since 1980.

And I disagree in terms of the work-rate of the two matches. There was really nothing impressive to me about Jericho-Punk. It was a fine match, and maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought the workrate was just ok and was bogged down by the awkward start and weird finish (thought the finish for Rock-Cena was weird too).

Old 04-02-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The reversals in that match at the end were amazing to me and it was consistently solid psychology and overall wrestling. Jericho's best match since the Mysterio feud. And I know they don't, it just took me out of the show and it was a stupid ******* booking idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cena/Rock ***3/4
Jericho/Punk ****
Teddy/Johnny **1/2
Taker/Hunter ****3/4
Divas Tag 1/4*
Show/Cody *1/2
Orton/Kane ***
Bryan/Sheamus (Its amazing how much this one moment deflated me. I was SO pumped for the show, then bam, 1-2-3, and I went from a total high to being more angry at a wrestling show than ive been in AGES. I mean, im a TNA fan for christs sake, I can endure a LOT without getting agitated. I didnt get back into this show until halfway through HHH/Taker.)

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 04-02-2012 at 03:46 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think my friends and I enjoyed the Bryan-Sheamus match more than others only because of the comedy involved in it. I couldn't stop laughing.

I loved the Taker match. Much better than last year, though I did not like Taker's haircut. I was surprised because I just felt like HBK was going to super kick both HHH and Taker and just walk out of the ring. HBK was a good ref.

The ending to Cena and Rock wasn't all that surprising. I had a feeling that if John would try the People's Elbow, Rock was going to give him a Rock Bottom. Solid match, though.

Punk and Jericho was my favorite match based on a wrestling standpoint. I hated that stipulation Johnny put in before it because that just ruined the suspense and the whole feud IMO. I thought someone was going to win via a roll up. I expect Jericho to be champion real soon with the latest being at Summerslam.

Johnny Ace made me laugh with him jumping for joy after he won. I knew Eve was going to spoil it for Ryder somehow. If Eve didn't do that, the match would have been much better IMO.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I wished Christian was a part of Wrestlemania somehow. I'm not sure why he wasn't. Injury?

Also, I found humor in Brodus Clay and all the dressed up old women in his little time filing segment. I thought it was funny.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He finally shaved his back!
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beware of the Tensai Train!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

This crowd is the greatest thing ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, best raw in a long time (that i can remember anyway). The "yes" chants are amazing.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SI! SI! SI! This is the greatest crowd in a while.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SI SI SI SI SI SI SI. Best crowd ever

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

This Monday Night Raw Is Epic
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

BEST RAW EVER YES YESSSSSSSssss.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well....Here Comes The Pain
Old 04-02-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was the newest WWE game any good? Ive been thinking about getting nostalgic and getting it

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
was the newest WWE game any good? Ive been thinking about getting nostalgic and getting it
It's ok. I am sure its pretty cheap to get right now.