Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Or we could put Richardson with that line and have a superstar who could lead the league in rushing!
I'd rather win football games.

I think since way back in 2004, no Super Bowl winner has won the big game starting anything higher than a 6th round pick at RB. A big reason why isn't that first round RBs aren't good, but it is better to spend draft picks on positions more important than RB.

But speaking of good vs. bad, RBs taken in the top 10 haven't been GOOD for the past 10 seasons. There have been 7 RBs taken top 10 and only 1 has worked out well for their drafting teams (Peterson). Bush, Ronnie Brown, Benson, Cadillac, Darren McFadden, CJ Spiller) have been major disappointments in their careers and haven't lived up to their draft status.

The Bucs would be insane to take a RB top 10, and even more insane if that RB were Trent Richardson. He is NOT Adrian Peterson, not even close. He's a good RB, a lot like Boise St.'s Doug Martin, who will likely be available in round 2.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Would rather have Lofton. Ryans has caught the injury Bug the past couple seasons, and it's been to his knee. It doesn't really bother me we didn't get him.
I'm glad we didn't get either one. The worst thing we could have done was get Lofton and then believe our problems were over at LB. Atlanta was the 3rd worst team in the league last season at getting off the field on 3rd downs, 7 spots worse than the Bucs pathetic D, a large part of that problem was that Lofton was a 3 down LB, which he is not.

We would be far better served trading down and getting the Bucs MLB for the next 10-15 years, Luke Kuechly. We would likely net a 2nd/3rd or a combo of the two and the MLB spot would be a positive for this team. He is the next big thing at the MLB position.

Between him and a cover CB like Claiborne, Claiborne is good too, but he isn't going to fix the defense, Kuechly would. He is a leader, he is intelligent, intense, and productive. How many times have you seen a top level CB play on CRAPPY defenses? Nnamdi (almost always), Champ Bailey (half of his career), Woodson (when he was really good, his defenses usually weren't)... how about top MLBs? Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Patrick Willis? Their defenses are always stellar and a huge reason why is because they are playmakers in the middle against the run and pass AND because they are leaders. Kuechly is that type of leader, the type of leader this team needs to be good on defense.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'm glad we didn't get either one. The worst thing we could have done was get Lofton and then believe our problems were over at LB. Atlanta was the 3rd worst team in the league last season at getting off the field on 3rd downs, 7 spots worse than the Bucs pathetic D, a large part of that problem was that Lofton was a 3 down LB, which he is not.

We would be far better served trading down and getting the Bucs MLB for the next 10-15 years, Luke Kuechly. We would likely net a 2nd/3rd or a combo of the two and the MLB spot would be a positive for this team. He is the next big thing at the MLB position.

Between him and a cover CB like Claiborne, Claiborne is good too, but he isn't going to fix the defense, Kuechly would. He is a leader, he is intelligent, intense, and productive. How many times have you seen a top level CB play on CRAPPY defenses? Nnamdi (almost always), Champ Bailey (half of his career), Woodson (when he was really good, his defenses usually weren't)... how about top MLBs? Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Patrick Willis? Their defenses are always stellar and a huge reason why is because they are playmakers in the middle against the run and pass AND because they are leaders. Kuechly is that type of leader, the type of leader this team needs to be good on defense.
Another guy who is that type of leader, is Lavonte David. He's aggressive, instinctive, fast, side-line to side-line speed.

I still trust Mason Foster at the MLB. When McCoy went down, his play did as well. Opposing OLINEMEN were blowing our DTs off blocks and getting to the 2nd level, which doesn't serve well for any LB. I still think another big interior DLINEMEN to rotate with Price next to McCoy is a need.

I'm not too sure about Luke Keuchly as a 1st rounder. He's not a once in a while type prospect in my opinion. He's solid. Richardson and Claiborne, to me , and even Justin Blackmon, are game changers. Richardson and Claiborne are Elite Prospects at there respective positions and the best in at there positions in the past 5 years or so. I think Claiborne is a better prospect coming out than Revis. Not saying he'll be as good or not, but he's a better prospect coming out.

Richardson is in the mold of Adrian Peterson.

Luke Keuchly? He's in the mold of Sean Lee, who is very good, but isn't a pro-bowl prospect or anything special. If Kuechly is there at the end of round 1 or round 2, I'd jump all over him. In the top 15-20? No.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I'd rather win football games.

I think since way back in 2004, no Super Bowl winner has won the big game starting anything higher than a 6th round pick at RB. A big reason why isn't that first round RBs aren't good, but it is better to spend draft picks on positions more important than RB.

But speaking of good vs. bad, RBs taken in the top 10 haven't been GOOD for the past 10 seasons. There have been 7 RBs taken top 10 and only 1 has worked out well for their drafting teams (Peterson). Bush, Ronnie Brown, Benson, Cadillac, Darren McFadden, CJ Spiller) have been major disappointments in their careers and haven't lived up to their draft status.

The Bucs would be insane to take a RB top 10, and even more insane if that RB were Trent Richardson. He is NOT Adrian Peterson, not even close. He's a good RB, a lot like Boise St.'s Doug Martin, who will likely be available in round 2.
This is where you're wrong. The comparison to Doug Martin and Richardson is bad. Richardson DOMINATED opposing SEC Defenses, the BEST IN THE NATION type defenses, all season long. Had 7 multiple TD games. He's a load to bring down.

Martin is good and he's the 2nd best back, but not one RB is even close to Richardson. Richardson is hands down the best RB, and maybe best player overall, in this draft.

Turn on the tape. Compare the competition, and you'll see it's not even close.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 373
Reputation: 1304
kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
This is where you're wrong. The comparison to Doug Martin and Richardson is bad. Richardson DOMINATED opposing SEC Defenses, the BEST IN THE NATION type defenses, all season long. Had 7 multiple TD games. He's a load to bring down.

Martin is good and he's the 2nd best back, but not one RB is even close to Richardson. Richardson is hands down the best RB, and maybe best player overall, in this draft.

Turn on the tape. Compare the competition, and you'll see it's not even close.
So did Ingram, and so will whoever replaces Richardson. That system is RB friendly, I think Richardson is going to be good but elite is a stretch.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
So did Ingram, and so will whoever replaces Richardson. That system is RB friendly, I think Richardson is going to be good but elite is a stretch.
Watch the film. You're looking at the stats. Even during Ingram's heisman year, many felt he wasn't even the best back on the team and that's when Richardson took notice.

Only thing Ingram had on Richardson was he was there a year.

Richardson doesn't have a lot of Mileage on the wheels.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 373
Reputation: 1304
kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.
Default

I'm not going to pretend like Richardson won't be good, think that's foolish. Wont pretend he wouldn't have an impact as a rookie either, but I believe Blount with Martin Miller or Wilson, take your pick, gives us one of the best backfields in the NFL also.
Can you imagine Claiborne, Wright and Talib (if factor I know) in the secondary? That would be crazy good.
We have to go up against 3 really good QBs twice a year. Mo would take away Colston, Steve Smith, and White or Jones. I think the price for an elite corner is worth twice as much as Richardson in the NFC South.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
I'm not going to pretend like Richardson won't be good, think that's foolish. Wont pretend he wouldn't have an impact as a rookie either, but I believe Blount with Martin Miller or Wilson, take your pick, gives us one of the best backfields in the NFL also.
Can you imagine Claiborne, Wright and Talib (if factor I know) in the secondary? That would be crazy good.
We have to go up against 3 really good QBs twice a year. Mo would take away Colston, Steve Smith, and White or Jones. I think the price for an elite corner is worth twice as much as Richardson in the NFC South.
No doubt Mo-Clay would be an excellent addition as well. But Richardson is just a better overall player and prospect. I just watch him and think, this kid will fit our style of play on offense and we can control the tempo.

Blount didn't prove anything to me. He fumbles to much, and his ceiling could be Brandon Jacobs, but Blount is 1 dimensional and inconsistant. He's not a short yardage back for someone his size. He needs to work on his overall game. But Doug Martin does impress me as well, but Trent Richardson is in a class of his own.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
This is where you're wrong. The comparison to Doug Martin and Richardson is bad. Richardson DOMINATED opposing SEC Defenses, the BEST IN THE NATION type defenses, all season long. Had 7 multiple TD games. He's a load to bring down.

Martin is good and he's the 2nd best back, but not one RB is even close to Richardson. Richardson is hands down the best RB, and maybe best player overall, in this draft.

Turn on the tape. Compare the competition, and you'll see it's not even close.
.

I'm not wrong. Consider that more goes into the running game in both college and pros than just the RB himself. You could make the same argument for LaMichael James considering he averaged a yard and a half more than Richardson last season AND rushed for more yards. It's about scheme, it's about playcalling, it's about the players around the RB. Richardson is good, he is not great. He cannot create on his own like Barry Sanders, he cannot hit an edge that is defended well like Chris Johnson, he cannot make his own hole like Adrian Peterson, he cannot drag multiple defenders downfield like Blount. He's a good back but that's it.

I don't care if you believe he's the best player in the draft. He's a RB, period. I don't care if a few years back if Shane Lechler was the best player in the draft, he is a PUNTER. Sure, he's turned out well, he's still a punter and Richardson is still a RB. It is flat-out stupid to draft a RB top 10 unless he is the second coming of Jesus.

I could care less if he's the best RB, Kuechly is by far the best ILB regardless if you think he's like Sean Lee or not. The fact is, is that Kuechly has dominated since being a true freshman, set all-time record for tackles by a freshman, then he led the nation in tackles the next two seasons by a ridiculous margin. No, he's not a devastating hitter, but runners fall where he tackles them.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
No doubt Mo-Clay would be an excellent addition as well. But Richardson is just a better overall player and prospect. I just watch him and think, this kid will fit our style of play on offense and we can control the tempo.

Blount didn't prove anything to me. He fumbles to much, and his ceiling could be Brandon Jacobs, but Blount is 1 dimensional and inconsistant. He's not a short yardage back for someone his size. He needs to work on his overall game. But Doug Martin does impress me as well, but Trent Richardson is in a class of his own.
I think you're missing the point. In the last 10 seasons only 7 RBs have been chosen top 10. In free agency, RBs get no attention, little money, why? Because of their position. Good RBs can be found anywhere in the draft and after. Elite CBs are very difficult to find.

And you may be right, Brandon Jacobs might be Blount's ceiling... so what? Find a complementary runner then, like former 7th rounder Ahmad Bradshaw. you don't waste a top 10 pick on a non-premium position when there are excellent players available at premium positions and comparable players available much later in the draft. Personally, I think Jacobs was a pretty darn good RB and considering the Giants won two Super Bowls with the former 6th rounder, one as a starter, one as the backup, and these Giants never did anything stupid like draft a RB in round 1 (post-Ron Dayne of course), maybe the Jacobs comparison COULD be a good one and if the Bucs draft a position that can really help the team then they should.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
So did Ingram, and so will whoever replaces Richardson. That system is RB friendly, I think Richardson is going to be good but elite is a stretch.
Statistically speaking, Eddie Lacy, Richardson's backup, averaged 7.1 yards per carry, compared to Richardson's 5.9 and Alabama's 3rd leading rusher, Jalston Fowler averaged 6.9 per carry.

Richardson's numbers weren't any better than Mark Ingram's and Mark Ingram's draft position and rookie year did little to suggest he's elite.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Another guy who is that type of leader, is Lavonte David. He's aggressive, instinctive, fast, side-line to side-line speed.

I still trust Mason Foster at the MLB.

I'm not too sure about Luke Keuchly as a 1st rounder. He's not a once in a while type prospect in my opinion. He's solid.

Richardson and Claiborne, to me , and even Justin Blackmon, are game changers. Richardson and Claiborne are Elite Prospects at there respective positions and the best in at there positions in the past 5 years or so. I think Claiborne is a better prospect coming out than Revis. Not saying he'll be as good or not, but he's a better prospect coming out.

Richardson is in the mold of Adrian Peterson.

Luke Keuchly? He's in the mold of Sean Lee, who is very good, but isn't a pro-bowl prospect or anything special. If Kuechly is there at the end of round 1 or round 2, I'd jump all over him. In the top 15-20? No.
How horribly wrong you are.

Lavonte David is fine... but he's not nearly as productive, fast, or impactful as Kuechly. BC was #1 in the nation two seasons ago against the run primarily because of Kuechly being a force against the run. Nebraska was 64th against the run this past season.

Of course you think Claiborne is a better prospect than Revis WAS. Claiborne is expected to go top 5-7, Revis was considered a mid-to-late 1st rounder.

Richardson is NOTHING like Peterson, NOTHING! Richardson is a good back, but he is absolutely nothing like Peterson. Peterson has elite burst and speed and runs full speed into tacklers. Richardson is a smaller (meaning he's not a BIG RB) power runner that will NOT be a homerun threat in the NFL. As a runner he'll be in the mold of Cedric Benson... as a pass catcher, Ronnie Brown...two RBs that were pretty good in the NFL, but like Richardson, could never could live up to top 5 status.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
This is where you're wrong. The comparison to Doug Martin and Richardson is bad. Richardson DOMINATED opposing SEC Defenses, the BEST IN THE NATION type defenses, all season long. Had 7 multiple TD games. He's a load to bring down.

Martin is good and he's the 2nd best back, but not one RB is even close to Richardson. Richardson is hands down the best RB, and maybe best player overall, in this draft.

Turn on the tape. Compare the competition, and you'll see it's not even close.
The old, he did this and that against the SEC argument has been proven invalid. Go look back at past drafts and all the SEC athletes that have flown off the board, then see how they did in the NFL... there's no relation between SEC success and NFL success. Sure, it happens, but Glenn Dorsey being a great SEC DT did nothing to demonstrate how good he could be in the NFL.

How many SEC athletes are the top players at their positions in the NFL? Not many. I've compiled a quick list just of the NFL's top offensive players from a statistical standpoint.

QB? Big 10 Brady, Big 10 Brees, ACC Rivers, Pac 10 Rodgers, MAC Roethlisberger.

RB? Big 12 Peterson, Pac 10 Lynch, SEC FOSTER, ACC Gore, Pac 10 MJD, Big East Rice, Big East McCoy, I-AA Turner---- oh, and BTW, only two 1st rounders in this group, and Lynch was on his second team.

WR? Big East Fitzgerald, ACC Johnson, WAC S. Smith, I-AA Cruz, Big 12 Welker, ACC Nicks

TE? ACC Graham, Pac-10 Gonzales, MAC? Gates, Pac 10 Gronkowski, SEC WITTEN


The point is? Good players are good players REGARDLESS of their conferences. The talent level of starters at the SEC is not significantly better than the majority of conferences in the NCAA, the big difference is the talent level of their 2nd and 3rd team athletes.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 19,983
Reputation: 2058751
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Anyone else think this becomes a non-issues? I'm somewhat confident Cleveland will make our choice for us.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Anyone else think this becomes a non-issues? I'm somewhat confident Cleveland will make our choice for us.
Pretty much yes. Caddy, you're thoguht on Luke Keuchly?

my opinion? We're better off with Kendricks at MLB/WLB in round 2. Guy reminds me of Jon Beason in a way. Can play WLB or MLB and has done it very very good. Fast and physical and was the Def. Player of the year in the Pac 12.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Mini Mock:

1st: Trent Richardson RB Alabama
2nd: Miychal Kendricks OLB/MLB California
3rd: Trumaine Johnson CB Montana
5th: Christian Thompson SS South Carolina State
6th: Rhett Ellison TE USC
7th: Josh Ogelsby T Wisconsin
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 373
Reputation: 1304
kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Mini Mock:

1st: Trent Richardson RB Alabama
2nd: Miychal Kendricks OLB/MLB California
3rd: Trumaine Johnson CB Montana
5th: Christian Thompson SS South Carolina State
6th: Rhett Ellison TE USC
7th: Josh Ogelsby T Wisconsin
Would you prefer Kendrick's to David? David seems like the better prospect.
Johnson is a little scary to me because some are projecting him to be a safety, reminds me of Myron Lewis in that regard. I don't want any tweeners there, give me a pure CB
Hosley, Norman or Boykin.
Would much rather see something like:
1. Mo CB
2. David OLB
3. Polk RB
5. Iloka SS
6. T. Powell DT
7. J. Long OT

I hope we go heavy on the defensive side with a Quality RB to spell Blount. Although Martin and Wilson will have me Going back and forth between a Lb and RB in the second the next few weeks I'm sure.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 04-03-2012 at 07:42 PM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 19,983
Reputation: 2058751
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Pretty much yes. Caddy, you're thoguht on Luke Keuchly?

my opinion? We're better off with Kendricks at MLB/WLB in round 2. Guy reminds me of Jon Beason in a way. Can play WLB or MLB and has done it very very good. Fast and physical and was the Def. Player of the year in the Pac 12.
Kuechly is a beast. I think he is going to be a tackle machine no matter where he goes. Unfortunately unless we trade down, he won't be in pewter/red.

I wouldn't be surprised if we took Kendricks in the second, although ideally, I'd like to trade down from our second round pick.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Anyone else think this becomes a non-issues? I'm somewhat confident Cleveland will make our choice for us.
Yes, I have my fingers crossed that the Browns are stupid enough to take a RB in the top 5... of course they have been linked to Tannehill, Blackmon, and Claiborne.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Would you prefer Kendrick's to David? David seems like the better prospect.
Johnson is a little scary to me because some are projecting him to be a safety, reminds me of Myron Lewis in that regard. I don't want any tweeners there, give me a pure CB
Hosley, Norman or Boykin.
Would much rather see something like:
1. Mo CB
2. David OLB
3. Polk RB
5. Iloka SS
6. T. Powell DT
7. J. Long OT

I hope we go heavy on the defensive side with a Quality RB to spell Blount. Although Martin and Wilson will have me Going back and forth between a Lb and RB in the second the next few weeks I'm sure.
I prefer this way more.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,114
Reputation: 76817
brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I got two mini-mocks. One with my dream scenario coming true and we trade down and net a 2nd.

1) MLB Kuechly-best Mike prospect to come out since Willis, even more productive than Lewis-a bonafide future stud in the middle.
2a) RB Lamar Miller-not a great receiving RB but would be a nice complementary runner to Blount
2b) CB Josh Robinson-quick and tough-also a big fan of CB Dwight Bentley
3) TE Ladarius Green-receiving threat TE that would allow us to cut the cord with Kancer Winslow.
5) WR Devon Wylie-shifty, tough, extrenely quick slot WR that is an excellent returner
6) OT Matt Reynolds-tough as nails Outland Trophy finalist played LT in college but has the toughness to be a good RT.
7) S Matt Daniels-fantastic playmaker at Duke, sure tackler, always around the ball.

with no trade
1) CB Claiborne-best pure cover CB in draft.
2) MLB Bobby Wagner/MLB Kendricks/OLB Zack Brown (with the Butch Davis connection this one could be more likely)
3) RB LaMichael James-explosive RB, good complement to Blount, would have to learn nuances of being a 3rd down RB.
5) TE Jeff Fuller/TE James Hanna-both would be projections based on height/weight/speed. Either could be developed to have on hand when K2 is eventually let go.
6) OT Matt Reynolds
7) Matt Daniels
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
How horribly wrong you are.

Lavonte David is fine... but he's not nearly as productive, fast, or impactful as Kuechly. BC was #1 in the nation two seasons ago against the run primarily because of Kuechly being a force against the run. Nebraska was 64th against the run this past season.

Of course you think Claiborne is a better prospect than Revis WAS. Claiborne is expected to go top 5-7, Revis was considered a mid-to-late 1st rounder.

Richardson is NOTHING like Peterson, NOTHING! Richardson is a good back, but he is absolutely nothing like Peterson. Peterson has elite burst and speed and runs full speed into tacklers. Richardson is a smaller (meaning he's not a BIG RB) power runner that will NOT be a homerun threat in the NFL. As a runner he'll be in the mold of Cedric Benson... as a pass catcher, Ronnie Brown...two RBs that were pretty good in the NFL, but like Richardson, could never could live up to top 5 status.
I see nothing special in Keuchly in terms of elite. He's James Laurenitis, who is very solid, so if Keuchly is there in round 2, I'd take him. I've seen some scouting reports that have Keuchly as a late 1st-early 2nd round prospect. Don't want to reach for him.

I;m not going to take evaluations on LBs from a guy (cough Brasho) who said Quincy Black is our best LB and should play the MIKE. Dude is horrible. Mason Foster struggled when it seemed our DTs went to crap. Watson outplayed Black throughout camp, pre-season, and when Black went down iwth an injury. Only reason he didn't take over was Black's overpaid contract.

And watch some film on Lavonte David. Has won DPOY in back to back seasons. He's fast, side-line to side-line speed. For his size, he was explosive shooting through the gaps, getting off blocks, and making plays.

At just a tad hair shorter than 6'1, 233-235 lbs, that's perfect for the WLB position in the 4-3.

2. You're obviously blind on Richardson. Just come out and say that RBs aren't worth the 5-10 overall pick range. While I agree on that statement, someone like Richardson will be the exception. He will be a game changer, playmaker, and ELITE RB right out of the gate. While I really do like Doug Martin, Chris Polk, and they are very good RBs who draw strong comparisons to successful RBs in the current league and fit what Schiano wants to do, they just aren't on Trent Richardsons level. Richardson also doesn't have a ton of wear and tear on the tires either.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I got two mini-mocks. One with my dream scenario coming true and we trade down and net a 2nd.

1) MLB Kuechly-best Mike prospect to come out since Willis, even more productive than Lewis-a bonafide future stud in the middle.
2a) RB Lamar Miller-not a great receiving RB but would be a nice complementary runner to Blount
2b) CB Josh Robinson-quick and tough-also a big fan of CB Dwight Bentley
3) TE Ladarius Green-receiving threat TE that would allow us to cut the cord with Kancer Winslow.
5) WR Devon Wylie-shifty, tough, extrenely quick slot WR that is an excellent returner
6) OT Matt Reynolds-tough as nails Outland Trophy finalist played LT in college but has the toughness to be a good RT.
7) S Matt Daniels-fantastic playmaker at Duke, sure tackler, always around the ball.

with no trade
1) CB Claiborne-best pure cover CB in draft.
2) MLB Bobby Wagner/MLB Kendricks/OLB Zack Brown (with the Butch Davis connection this one could be more likely)
3) RB LaMichael James-explosive RB, good complement to Blount, would have to learn nuances of being a 3rd down RB.
5) TE Jeff Fuller/TE James Hanna-both would be projections based on height/weight/speed. Either could be developed to have on hand when K2 is eventually let go.
6) OT Matt Reynolds
7) Matt Daniels
Zach Brown? I like Kendricks/Wagner/David, but why even mention Brown? The dude is soft. His game tape no where translates to his combine workouts. He's Aaron Curry/Ernie Sims. Excellent athletes in the Under-Wear Olympics, but suck on the field.

I like you're 2nd mock. However, LaMichael James doesn't fit our physcial style of offense Schiano wants. Someone like Chris Polk would be a better fit in round 3 there.

Bobby Wagner is vastly underrated and is starting to get on the radar and probably has solidified himself in teh 2nd round. He's shown he can make plays during the senior bowl and was MVP.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 19,983
Reputation: 2058751
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I really hope we can trade down in the 2nd round. I don't see much of a difference at all value wise between the top of the 2nd and the middle/end of it.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I really hope we can trade down in the 2nd round. I don't see much of a difference at all value wise between the top of the 2nd and the middle/end of it.
I myself have the same belief. However, I wouldn't want to miss out on Wagner/Kendricks/David in round 2. If we go Claiborne in the 1st, Doug Martin would be the next top RB on my board. I wouldn't want to pass on him, but the fact I like Chris Polk a lot as well and he could be had in the 3rd.

I trust Mark Dominik and he's done a good job with the draft the past 3 years. He'll be fine. It's not like it's Bruce Allen runnign the show, who's drafted bust after bust and reached for players in round 1 who didn't deserve the value of our draft spot.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.