Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-11-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I can't see Cleveland taking another CB in the top 10 again, and it seems like they really like Kendall Wright as a possible pick at 22. With Hillis likely gone and Hardesty a non factor, I think RB is probably their top need other than QB. Richardson is a perfect fit in the offense, and the type of RB needed to win games in the AFC North. I think Cleveland will do one of these 2 options in the draft

4 Trent Richardson
22 Kendall Wright
Sign Matt Flynn

4 Trent Richardson
22(trade up?)Ryan Tannehill
Sign Robert Meachem/Laurent Robinson
Hillis isn't gone yet... The FO has said over the past week that they want to bring him back and Hillis said he wants to stay here and would take a discount to stay.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Trent Richardson more than I liked Mark Ingram coming into the league.
Richardson is not only the more powerful runner, he's a better athlete than Ingram. (Stamina, Strength, Elusiveness)
He reminds me a lot of Marshawn Lynch
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I can't see Cleveland taking another CB in the top 10 again, and it seems like they really like Kendall Wright as a possible pick at 22. With Hillis likely gone and Hardesty a non factor, I think RB is probably their top need other than QB. Richardson is a perfect fit in the offense, and the type of RB needed to win games in the AFC North. I think Cleveland will do one of these 2 options in the draft

4 Trent Richardson
22 Kendall Wright
Sign Matt Flynn

4 Trent Richardson
22(trade up?)Ryan Tannehill
Sign Robert Meachem/Laurent Robinson

This I couldn't agree with more. He just seems perfect for this division and with the way Cleveland has built up there line could be what the doctor ordered for this team. Though I don't know why they would frown upon taking two top 10 CB's. Claiborne & Haden would be a thing of beauty. It may be overkill seeing what their offensive weapons are but it'd be a great pick none the less.

With pick 22, I think it'll ultimately be too far away to trade up for Tannehill. He seems like he's going top 10, or right outside of it. It'll be pretty steep to move from 22 to say, 12, but I guess it depends on their feelings about him. If I'm Cleveland I'd much rather go all in for Flynn, and utilize my picks to the best of my capability to build around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Hillis isn't gone yet... The FO has said over the past week that they want to bring him back and Hillis said he wants to stay here and would take a discount to stay.
Well all of his actions up to this point would say the exact opposite though wouldn't they? You guys already offered him a contract, multiple if I'm not mistaken, but he's been rejecting them because he wanted a lot more. Now all of a sudden he wants to take a discount before FA even starts after playing hardball all this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think it's pretty reasonable to say this is what Richardson will look like in the NFL:

Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richardson is probably the #2 ranked prospect in the draft after Luck, but his position is a problem but I believe Cleveland will bite at #4 after losing Hillis in FA. They have to have some offense or they remain a joke in the NFL.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Think it's pretty reasonable to say this is what Richardson will look like in the NFL:

Like watching paint dry?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The problem with him going to Cleveland is he'll continue to see 8 guys in the box like he did against LSU. Not much else in that Brown's offense to be afraid of.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The problem with him going to Cleveland is he'll continue to see 8 guys in the box like he did against LSU. Not much else in that Brown's offense to be afraid of.
Colt McCoy is master of the east west offense. Just ask Greg Davis.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Like watching paint dry?

Hell, even that's better than all the RB's Ohio St. has churned out since Robert Smith.

I've actually seen grass grow between the hashes watching Eddie George in Nashville. No, seriously.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or in the AFC North, this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Hell, even that's better than all the RB's Ohio St. has churned out since Robert Smith.

I've actually seen grass grow between the hashes watching Eddie George in Nashville. No, seriously.
I'm glad to see that you came out for a nice day of trolling.

The video was extremely boring. Much like it would be if he played for the Browns.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Cleveland, continue to pass up on elite prospects :). I'd love it if he came to Tampa and run behind our new line./
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns need to turn around at 22 and get a WR like Wright/Hill as a deep threat for McCoy to at least try and make defense's respect the pass game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland go offense with their first 3 picks.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'm glad to see that you came out for a nice day of trolling.

The video was extremely boring. Much like it would be if he played for the Browns.

I see an elite prospect making a lot of cuts that other backs can't make. I see a guy who's able to finish runs and gets most of his yards after contact.
Not every run is a highlight, but grinding out the tough yards between the tackles is what a lot of backs can't do.

If there's nothing there, there's nothing there. But he makes more out of what's available on every single play than any other back could've made.

Seriously, all you have to watch is the first 45 seconds of the LSU video there to see him throw an excellent block on a blitz pickup on the play at the 42 second mark.

Richardson is the best at pressing the hole initially and using his vision to bounce it outside, then outrun all the angles LSU's secondary had on the touchdown run at the end.

He'll bring an element of much needed toughness and physicality to whatever offense he ends up playing in. Teammates will feed off of him.

I'd hate to have you picking players for me.

Last edited by JHL6719 : 04-04-2012 at 04:23 AM.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
I see an elite prospect making a lot of cuts that other backs can't make. I see a guy who's able to finish runs and gets most of his yards after contact.
Not every run is a highlight, but grinding out the tough yards between the tackles is what a lot of backs can't do.

If there's nothing there, there's nothing there. But he makes more out of what's available on every single play than any other back could've made.

Seriously, all you have to watch is the first 45 seconds of the LSU video there to see him throw an excellent block on a blitz pickup on the play at the 42 second mark.

Richardson is the best at pressing the whole initially and using his vision to bounce it outside, then outrun all the angles LSU's secondary had on the touchdown run at the end.

He'll bring an element of much needed toughness and physicality to whatever offense he ends up playing in. Teammates will feed off of him.

I'd hate to have you picking players for me.
Not to mention, LSU is probably the closest thing you're going to find to an NFL-caliber defense in college football. He has a good line at Alabama, but you're watching the best of the best right there on both sides, and there's Richardson, taking yards in chunks and throwing guys off of him, and getting across linebackers faces and stopping them short of his quarterback. And having Mark Ingram in front of him is tremendous for his long-term health. He's fresh, primed and ready to go. I definitely think he'd do way more for Cleveland than Tannehill. And who knows, maybe with the pressure off of him, Colt McCoy can get into a groove and start getting the ball out to Greg Little, who's good after the catch, and downfield to Malcolm Floyd.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote