Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pead visited today
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Pead visited today
I could legit see him being our 3rd round pick.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I could legit see him being our 3rd round pick.
I like it....

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love him in 3, but im fearful they will reach to get their guy in 2 which they have been known to do

pead kinda reminds me of lesean mccoy, thoughts?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i love him in 3, but im fearful they will reach to get their guy in 2 which they have been known to do

pead kinda reminds me of lesean mccoy, thoughts?
Now Pead is a guy that I have seen a lot of. Comparing him to Shady McCoy is a colossal stretch. Shady is capable of carrying the load for a team, Pead is a good change of pace runner/3rd down back. He's got solid speed but isn't quite the home-run threat Shady is.

If I had to compare Pead to someone currently in the NFL I would say he is a poor man's Felix Jones.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen Pead get compared to Jamal Charles.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Now Pead is a guy that I have seen a lot of. Comparing him to Shady McCoy is a colossal stretch. Shady is capable of carrying the load for a team, Pead is a good change of pace runner/3rd down back. He's got solid speed but isn't quite the home-run threat Shady is.

If I had to compare Pead to someone currently in the NFL I would say he is a poor man's Felix Jones.
mccoy was hardly looked at as a carry the load type back...a far cry from that actually imo. im not saying pead is 2011 world beating lesean mccoy, but his instinctive running reminds me of the prospect mccoy
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I've seen Pead get compared to Jamal Charles.
Link?

I'd like to find out who said this so I can not pay attention to anything they say in the future.

Jamaal Charles ran for over 1600 yards in the big 12 his JR season in college and played in a much better conference. Its not all about stats but I think people are overrating Pead in a RB class where there's just not a ton of speed. I would much rather have Lamar Miller in the second round or David Wilson in the first if we're going to take a RB in the first 3 rounds.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
mccoy was hardly looked at as a carry the load type back...a far cry from that actually imo. im not saying pead is 2011 world beating lesean mccoy, but his instinctive running reminds me of the prospect mccoy
IDK about that, right off the bat as a true freshman he carried the load, and then again the next year.

Pead only did it once.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

^ Bhaarat --> 100% agreed. He was the MAN on Pitt's team from the second he stepped onto Pitt's campus.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Pitt kids tell me more about Lucas Nix? Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Any Pitt kids tell me more about Lucas Nix? Thanks!
He can play three of the 5 OL positions and is pretty nasty. I'll say he goes on the third day, but wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in the second day.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Link?

I'd like to find out who said this so I can not pay attention to anything they say in the future.

Jamaal Charles ran for over 1600 yards in the big 12 his JR season in college and played in a much better conference. Its not all about stats but I think people are overrating Pead in a RB class where there's just not a ton of speed. I would much rather have Lamar Miller in the second round or David Wilson in the first if we're going to take a RB in the first 3 rounds.
I forget where I saw it at, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it. I think he was talking about their skillset. I do agree, Charles is sooooooooooooo much better than Pead.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bobby Massie visited today. Wouldn't mind him in the second round.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can play three of the 5 OL positions and is pretty nasty. I'll say he goes on the third day, but wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in the second day.
Would he be suitable for the LG spot? Can he pull/trap etc?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Interesting w/ Massie. I remember when he was supposed to step in immediately for Andre Smith at Bama and then he threw a curveball and chose to play for Ole Miss. He is a mauler and seems to have kept his weight issues in check through college.

I prefer Kelechi Osemele in the second round, the man is an absolute monster and potential Ngata-neutralizer, but if we could go Massie 2nd and get Brandon Washington in the third I would be VERY thrilled (assuming we already got some D help in rd 1).

Last edited by DeeboHarrison : 04-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Would he be suitable for the LG spot? Can he pull/trap etc?
Here's NFL.com's evaluation:

STRENGTHS Nix is fast off the snap to get into a defensive tackle's face, and he displays the same speed when pulling around to get to linebackers. He keeps his feet moving when he engages and can drive defenders backwards. Nix is able to keep a steady balance and sustain on his blocks despite the wide base he falls back into when contact is initiated. He can handle strong defenders and is one of the strong anchor-type guards who can sit back and absorb a heavy rush without getting blown back. Nix has been a consistent and durable player inside for Pitt.

WEAKNESSES While he does possess good footwork, Nix has a tough time breaking down in space to fit on athletic linebackers once he reaches the second level. He has decent hands when working blocks, but stronger players can beat him. Nix relies on a sturdy base with much of his blocking and that could get him in trouble against more powerful players at the next level.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
IDK about that, right off the bat as a true freshman he carried the load, and then again the next year.

Pead only did it once.
Quote:
^ Bhaarat --> 100% agreed. He was the MAN on Pitt's team from the second he stepped onto Pitt's campus.
i did not even realize how the backlash would be trying to compare anyone to a precious pitt player to pitt fans lol

again, running style and ability....dont get too offended by the comparison i know mccoy played a lot more at Pitt right off the bat, i know hes a top 5 ish RB in the league now....im not saying pead is that im saying pead runs a lot like him and has similar instincts. They are similar players even if the great lesean mccoy went to pitt lol
Old 04-05-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Lived in the Burgh for a while but not a Pitt fan at all. I am 100% in the corner of THE Ohio State University.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he would have just went to Temple he would have been the great.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramon Foster signed his 1yr tender for $1.6 mil
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Mychal Kendricks is visiting today. Short, but very athletic and productive. Not sure he fits in a 34, though.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

on paper no, but he would be a tackling machine. hes real good in traffic. reminds me a little of sean weatherspoon in that regard
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
on paper no, but he would be a tackling machine. hes real good in traffic. reminds me a little of sean weatherspoon in that regard
God I loved Spoon. I'm starting to think we will go OL first round. Massie(don't think he's worth it, but could rise), Martin, Reiff(rumors that he's falling), or Amini Silatolu.

I'd personally grab the tackle and kill two birds with one stone by moving Colon to guard.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

I would love Martin but i do not think he will be there. Massie does seem like a bit of a reach at this point, but he probably is not going to fall to our second rounder...maybe we can trade down 8-10 spots and pick up another 3rd?

If we picked up Massie in the first (trade down) and Ta'Amu in the second (trade up) I would be pretty happy though.