Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be down to trade Asante, he needs to go with how much he is taking in our cap space. Hes getting older and is declining each and every year, and hopefully Castillo starts to lean towards playing more man and that isnt Asante's game. I would be down to take a Janoris Jenkins in the 2nd but I do agree that he's a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. It seems as though Asante and Nnamdi can't co-exist because one's a great zone corner and the other is a great man corner. That being said, Asante is still one of the best in the game and we still have a window of a couple years here with guys like him, Vick, etc... so I don't see the benefit of trading him unless we are getting a S or LB in return. A 2nd/3rd rounder for him does nothing for us at this point.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it puts is in position to land a guy like Barron/Zach Brown? I think it does a lot for us.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly sickwithit. This team has some holes to fill.
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If it puts is in position to land a guy like Barron/Zach Brown? I think it does a lot for us.
Agreed, even a third rounder would be big. It'd allow us to move up quite a bit in the second round if we want to to get another target that may not make it to the second round pick.

I'd love to get something like a first rounder, but even a second rounder isn't all that likely right now. Brandon Marshall was just traded for two third rounders, and his value is higher than Asante's, due to age. I think a third and a fourth or fifth would be excellent value, as long as the Eagles aren't stuck with too much of his contract.

As it is, Tennessee doesn't seem to want to give up a conditional third round pick, based off of reports I've been seeing (how credible they are leaves some room for questioning), but its seems like posturing at this point. We'll just have to be patient and see how it all works out.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
simmy1989
Rookie

simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.

I have done more reasearch on players in this year's draft and the more I look here is what I would do if I was GM. Not everyone will like this but you can't please everyone. I know my post before many liked my 2nd Round and on which I am not changing.

1st Round (15th Overall) - Shop the pick. It's hard to tell who/what is available or who would be interested, but I would look to see if there is a team desperate to move in a grab somebody. I just don't see any great fits or prospects that I really like at this spot.

2nd Round (46th Overall) - DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson (85/100 Scouts Grade)

2nd Round (51st Overall/via Arizona) - LB Mychal Kendricks, California (85/100 Scouts Grade)

3rd Round (89th Overall/via Houston) - CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina (74/100 Scouts Grade)

4th Round - S George Iloka, Boise State (69/100 Scouts Grade)

5th Round - WR Tommy Streeter, Miami (FL) (66/100 Scouts Grade)

6th Round (via Indianapolis) - LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma (56/100 Scouts Grade)

6th Round (via Denver) - TE James Hanna, Oklahoma (55/100 Scouts Grade)

6th Round (via New England) - S Christian Thompson, South Carolina State (51/100 Scouts Grade)

Free Agent - RB Bobby Rainey, Western Kentucky (30/100 Scouts Grade)
I saw Rainey play once while I was visiting some friends a year ago. This kid was a hard runner and seemed like a hard worker. Was very poductive at Western Kentucky and I would love to see him brought in to compete with backup RB's and play special teams.
simmy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Norman, he'd be a great fit, is one of the better pure bump and run CBs in this draft, but I don't think he'd be available in the third round. Same with Iloka, he is a hot name right now and I could see him going early perhaps second or even early third round. I like Streeter, not a huge huge fan, but I think he'll be long gone before the fifth round. His triangle numbers proved to be what they should have been, and he is averaging right around a 2nd to 3rd round grade. For the value, I'd love those guys, I just highly doubt either of them will be available when you have them going.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Dontari Poe was in for a visit today during Bell's press conference, but a few media guys saw him and Washburn and talked to them. Washburn tried to tell the media he was Perrish Cox... Why would one do that? lol. Makes me think the Eagles are trying to keep their interest in him low key.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Packer fan, I would consider taking Fletcher Cox over any player in this draft class (Claiborne may be the exception, though I haven't seen him play much). So, my ideal scenario is to see him fall on draft day and Green Bay trade up to get him. The sense I get is that his floor at this point is going 15 to the Eagles. My question for Eagles fans is how likely you guys are to take him if he's there, or if there is a chance he could fall to 20. What players could you see the team passing on Cox to take. Is it possible that Philadelphia feels Brockers is a better fit? Poe? Help fill me in.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
As a Packer fan, I would consider taking Fletcher Cox over any player in this draft class (Claiborne may be the exception, though I haven't seen him play much). So, my ideal scenario is to see him fall on draft day and Green Bay trade up to get him. The sense I get is that his floor at this point is going 15 to the Eagles. My question for Eagles fans is how likely you guys are to take him if he's there, or if there is a chance he could fall to 20. What players could you see the team passing on Cox to take. Is it possible that Philadelphia feels Brockers is a better fit? Poe? Help fill me in.
Alot of people have Cox going as high as 9 to Carolina. He is a very hard prospect to gauge as most of the DT's in the draft right now are. He is probably the safest bet among all the ones that will go first round although I personally think his ceiling is the lowest.

I think it depends who is on the board at that time. I think the Eagles from the smoke signals are very interested in both Poe and Brockers. Now personally I think both of them are more what the Eagles need then Cox. Just A bit Cox is #4 of the DT's I want the Eagles to take in the first round I pefer if Poe, Brockers or Worthy over Cox.

As of if he gets past us I could see SD and Tennessee both take him at 18 and 20.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

From what I've seen of Cox, he seems like a similar player to Jenkins, and I'm not sure if the Eagles are looking for another when they already have one. If they are looking DT early in the draft, I imagine it'll be more for a two gapping NT. I have doubts that even Brockers could be capable of doing that, he'd be more of the UT in the Eagles scheme (so would Cox). I personally like Cox more than Brockers or Worthy. If Poe is gone, I could see him as the pick if he's available, as Jenkins is only really guaranteed a contract next year, so there could be need for either DT in our system.

As it is, I see it as more likely the Eagles trade up, but if they don't, and Cox is available at 15, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd pick him, unless a team offered up a sweet trade. Also, even if a Packers target like Cox would slip to 18 or 20, isn't it really out of character for them to trade up in the first round? IDK if that would happen even if he would fall.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is the NT for Bama, I think he can be a mid round pick for DT if Poe is gone.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

There are a few other viable NT options that we could get throughout the draft, I think you're thinking of Chapman? I personally like Thompson a hair more (not all that big of a Chapman fan). But I think a guy like Hebron Fangupu or Dominique Hamilton could have a similar impact to a guy like Chapman (Chapman has more upside than either, IMO) and be gotten at a round or two later, maybe even three.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
From what I've seen of Cox, he seems like a similar player to Jenkins, and I'm not sure if the Eagles are looking for another when they already have one. If they are looking DT early in the draft, I imagine it'll be more for a two gapping NT. I have doubts that even Brockers could be capable of doing that, he'd be more of the UT in the Eagles scheme (so would Cox). I personally like Cox more than Brockers or Worthy. If Poe is gone, I could see him as the pick if he's available, as Jenkins is only really guaranteed a contract next year, so there could be need for either DT in our system.

As it is, I see it as more likely the Eagles trade up, but if they don't, and Cox is available at 15, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd pick him, unless a team offered up a sweet trade. Also, even if a Packers target like Cox would slip to 18 or 20, isn't it really out of character for them to trade up in the first round? IDK if that would happen even if he would fall.
I definitely see the Cullen Jenkins comparison. Plenty of quickness and play-making ability. I think Cox would be great in a 3-4 and actually have a better career than Jenkins.

While Thompson has been known for trading down, he hasn't done it as much the last few years. When he took over in 2005, the team was sorely lacking depth, but that's no longer the case. He traded up to get Matthews in 2009, and I think this is a similar situation, where adding and impact front seven player would go a long way. I think Cox would be worth the price to trade up to 20 or so.

So, say that Cox, Brockers, and Poe were all available at 15. Is that pretty much a toss up? What other players could the Eagles go for there?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I definitely see the Cullen Jenkins comparison. Plenty of quickness and play-making ability. I think Cox would be great in a 3-4 and actually have a better career than Jenkins.

While Thompson has been known for trading down, he hasn't done it as much the last few years. When he took over in 2005, the team was sorely lacking depth, but that's no longer the case. He traded up to get Matthews in 2009, and I think this is a similar situation, where adding and impact front seven player would go a long way. I think Cox would be worth the price to trade up to 20 or so.

So, say that Cox, Brockers, and Poe were all available at 15. Is that pretty much a toss up? What other players could the Eagles go for there?
I can't say I know for certain with the Eagles (hell, its crazy to think I even have a clue, lol) but it'd make the most sense if they are looking the NT type DT they need right now in our wide 9 for a guy like Poe. Brockers may be 2nd, or Cox. Hell, I may be wrong, but if it were me (and I think the logic makes more sense) I'd say it'd be Poe, then a slight gap between him and Cox (soleley because of fit/need, I think he is the better prospect), then another perhaps larger gap between Cox and Brockers. I don't think Brockers would be a great fit in the defense, unless it was as a UT, but if that's the case, the Eagles would be going Cox (IMO) over him, as Cox is easily the better prospect. (Poe is a better prespect, IMO, as well)

They could also maybe still be looking at Keuchly, maybe a CB too if Asante is getting moved. If they do look for a CB early, I'd say Stephon Gilmore is possible, fits the defense and would most likely still be available at (IMO) good value.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

The Cleveland Plains-Dealer is "reporting" that the Rams and Eagles are frontrunners to trade up to fourth overall. I put reporting in quotations because this seems like the type of BS that reporters do, they see connections between teams and make news. However, If we are to take this seriously, we can assume its most likely for 2 or three guys. Either (I'd imagine) Claiborne or ... Tannehill. I'd like Claiborne (obviously, but I wouldn't want to give up a lot for him. We have two second round picks, but I wouldn't want to give up either, honestly. That goes for Tannehill, especially. I like Tannehill, I really do. I don't think he's as raw as people suggest, and has the tools to be a top level NFL QB, and would be great in the Eagles offense. I'm just not a fan of giving up #15 AND whatever it'd take to move up. If he was there at 15, I'd make a guess that he'd be at the top of the Eagles big board, even if a guy like Cox is available. Outside of those two, I can't think of another realistice target, unless it'd be completely out of left field. But like I started with, I think this is typical media BS, or its the Browns trying to drum up interest from other teams in trade possibilities.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah..I'm intrigued by the idea of Tannehill..but when we're clearly in a make or potentially blow up and start over type year..that just sounds like we'd be conceding towards the future..especially when we have much more pressing needs.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I dont see us moving up all the way to 4, thats way too much for a guy like Tannehill. IMO at least.

Quote:
Old 04-15-2012, 06:01 AM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My personal take on Ryan Tannehill:

For the record I've said that I wanted a franchise QB and would've gave up a ton for RG3, so it's not the position I think we should avoid, it's Tannehill. While I've always liked Tannehill, I've never loved him. I have some big concerns with Tannehill. My personal take on Tannehill:

I'll start with the positives first:
*He has a good (not great) arm
*He's very good throwing on the run
*Real good size
*Good athletic ability
*He's extremely good throwing outside the numbers (though those are the easier passes in the game)
*Can make stick throws at times
*Good character guy, intelligent and hard worker
*Good upside

Cons:
*He's not as effective throwing between the numbers
*Struggles reading defenses (yes he's inexperienced, I know)
*Accuracy on his deep ball is pretty bad (Bad fit with Djax and Andy Reids deep ball offense)
*Makes some really poor choices with the ball at times, 15 INTs this past year. 3 games with 3 INTs, all 3 games lost, 2 coming by less than 2 points each.
*Inconsistency with ball placement, 61% completion might look good on paper, but the Aggies offense was very simple with quick out throws, screens and dump offs, not much down-field threat so that 61% should've been around 65-68%.
*Locks onto his primary target
*The biggest con for me: Not clutch!!! Out of 6 games that were decided by one possession, they lost 5, 2 games being in OT. The one win came from Texas Tech when the Aggies were up 45-30 in the 4th quarter with 12min left, their offense stalled and allowed Texas Tech bring the score to 45-40, but by that time there was only 30 seconds left and the game was a wrap. In the other 5 games Tannehill had opportunities to lead his offense to a win but came up short every time. In most those games he made crucial mistakes, threw picks, some at the end of the game where they had a chance to drive and win the game.

I just don't see him ever being a top 10 QB in this league, and if I'm trading up into the top 7 picks I want the kid to have the potential to be a top QB in the game.

We're on the verge of having a very powerful team this season and we will be serious superbowl contenders, we have multiple picks that could help us get over the hump, let's not waste multiple picks on a QB who has serious question marks and wont help us win a superbowl this year.

On top of that, the QB class of 2013 is looking to be loaded with talent and depth, we should retool this entire team with the multiple picks we have (not give them away for Tannehill) and make a strong run at the SB this year. If we flop, we're in prime position for a top QB, if we do good and we can still trade up and target one of the QBs in what will be a depth filled class of passers.

Well that's just how I feel at least.
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
apb540
Rookie

apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.apb540 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed 100% PhillyBirds25.
apb540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Pretty much how I feel about Tannehill. I'm not sold on him, which is why I'm not in favor of giving up a lot to move up, and depending on the situation, I'd want to go somewhere else if he was there at 15 (Poe, Cox and a few others, maybe). One thing he does have going for him is his intermediate/longer throws are very good. In this offense, that would be enough to work with while he was young until his minor footwork and mechanic issues get straightened out to fix his accuracy for all his throws. He's got good tools to work with, but I don't see him as a true Franchise QB. Though I'm not saying I think he can't eventually get there.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a smokescreen. Cleveland is just trying to drive the price of the fourth pick up. I would be very surprised if the Eagles traded up to 4 and took Tannenhill.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
It's a smokescreen. Cleveland is just trying to drive the price of the fourth pick up. I would be very surprised if the Eagles traded up to 4 and took Tannenhill.
Of course, but we need to at least speculate first so that (by some utter terrible form of ********) if it does happen, we won't kill ourselves immediately after!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that he will be drafted by the eagles BUT If Tannehill did end up on the Eagles it would be a good fit for him and the eagles. Reid/Morningwheg could develop him as the heir apparent to Vick. I like Tannehill so I would like him to end up with competent offensive coaches that can prepare him for the NFL.

The Eagles have pretty good depth at RB/WR/D-Line/CB (if they keep Samuel). I think their main concerns are LB and safety. Getting a safety like Mark Barron in the first would be a nice pick up for them. Reid seems to draft O-Line/D-Line in every draft so if Cox were available I think he would be a good fit. Brockers/Poe are two guys getting drafted based on potential/workout warrior type numbers so they scare me a little. I think Cox could make an impact right away.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Of course, but we need to at least speculate first so that (by some utter terrible form of ********) if it does happen, we won't kill ourselves immediately after!
I'm praying we don't do this. I am still getting over the Kolb selection. At least we screwed over Arizona and got great trade value for him.