Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-25-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This is so stupid. He has no shot at starting there. Even if he didn't come back here he should have went somewhere he would have atleast had a chance.
he had no chance of starting over Pioli's boy Cassel either.
IMO if Piloi and Crennel had offered him the starting job he would have signed with the Chiefs.

Pioli ****** up again.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Cleveland does not appear to want Tannehill at #4
Don't read into this at all; the walrus running the show in Cleveland is smoke screening like crazy. The Vikings desperately want out of the slot before them and they are trying to convince Miami not to move up into it.

I wouldn't buy any of the crap he said about Colt McCoy.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post
he had no chance of starting over Pioli's boy Cassel either.
IMO if Piloi and Crennel had offered him the starting job he would have signed with the Chiefs.

Pioli ****** up again.
Aside from me liking Cassel well enough, I'd rather have the team put its stock and faith in one questionable QB than have a competition between two questionable QBs. And if there's a situation where you have to choose which questionable QB to back, you go with the one that you know best and the one that's been there.

Even if I was with you guys in thinking that Cassel and Orton are at or around the same level of player, the Chiefs absolutely made the right decision. The last thing that team or Romeo in particular wanted to deal with was a QB controversy/competition.

Historically, Cassel has been better than Orton. He's also been the leader of this team for the last 3 years. It's an easy decision.

Last edited by nepg : 03-27-2012 at 12:53 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Don't read into this at all; the walrus running the show in Cleveland is smoke screening like crazy. The Vikings desperately want out of the slot before them and they are trying to convince Miami not to move up into it.

I wouldn't buy any of the crap he said about Colt McCoy.
Cleveland has the option of Weeden at #22. Weeden is a better prospect than Tannehill, closer to game ready, and does not have the downside if he flops.

Most of the people in this forum write off Weeden as a first round candidate because of his age. However they say silly things like "he looks like a career backup" which is clear nonsense. IMO his natural slot would be in the low to mid 20s, which is exactly where the Browns sit.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Aside from me liking Cassel well enough, I'd rather have the team put its stock and faith in one questionable QB than have a competition between two questionable QBs. And if there's a situation where you have to choose which questionable QB to back, you go with the one that you know best and the one that's been there.

Even if I was with you guys in thinking that Cassel and Orton are at or around the same level of player, the Chiefs absolutely made the right decision. The last thing that team or Romeo in particular wanted to deal with was a QB controversy/competition.

Historically, Cassel has been better than Orton. He's also been the leader of this team for the last 3 years. It's an easy decision.
i liked Orton better than Cassel because:

1. he could actually throw past 5 -10 yards.

2. he could actually read the defense pre snap, something Cassel will Never be able to do IMO.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:25 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cleveland has the option of Weeden at #22. Weeden is a better prospect than Tannehill, closer to game ready, and does not have the downside if he flops.
No, no he's not a better prospect than Tannehill.

Weeden doesn't have as high of a ceiling, will have less time to be a factor once he reaches it and will still have plenty of downside if he flops.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weeden was in a one read offense and I am worried about his decision making and ability to read progressions. Tanne played in a much more complicated offense.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw guys we do have Stanzi still
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats what i've been saying since we signed Quinn. at that instant, it became highly unlikely that we draft ANY QB let alone 1 in the first 2 or 3 rounds. someone would have to get hurt between now and April 26th
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
btw guys we do have Stanzi still
Is he still in KC's plans? I have been hearing that they may target a QB...they better not get rid of Stanzi!!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Is he still in KC's plans? I have been hearing that they may target a QB...they better not get rid of Stanzi!!
Arrowhead has become a pretty tight lipped ship since Pioli came on board so really no one knows how they feel about Stanzi. There might be people who think they know but not really. Sure, he didn't play but look at Brady's stats HIS rookie year...3 attempts. You simply can't read too much into a rookie QB not playing.

We might have a better on idea on draft day. Then again...
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Arrowhead has become a pretty tight lipped ship since Pioli came on board so really no one knows how they feel about Stanzi. There might be people who think they know but not really. Sure, he didn't play but look at Brady's stats HIS rookie year...3 attempts. You simply can't read too much into a rookie QB not playing.

Thats true. I do know that Pioli seems to love Iowa players. I'm just a huge Stanzi fan. I hope he gets to develop and become a starter.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Thats true. I do know that Pioli seems to love Iowa players. I'm just a huge Stanzi fan. I hope he gets to develop and become a starter.
I think what Pioli likes is well coached football players and that's what he gets at Iowa. Sometimes people make too much of the Iowa connection. Sure, Pioli and Ferentz are friends but the truth is Pioli has only drafted 2 Iowa players in his years at NE and KC...Moeaki and Stanzi. Two players doesn't seem like a pipeline to me.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think what Pioli likes is well coached football players and that's what he gets at Iowa. Sometimes people make too much of the Iowa connection. Sure, Pioli and Ferentz are friends but the truth is Pioli has only drafted 2 Iowa players in his years at NE and KC...Moeaki and Stanzi. Two players doesn't seem like a pipeline to me.
It's hard to not like Iowa players, you're right. They're usually well coached and well disciplined. Same, I've noticed, with Wisconsin players. Those are two very good schools to get prospects from.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i think the Chiefs held him out of last years debacle at the QB position for a reason. if they like him at all, keeping him out wasn't a poor decision. it wouldn't do him much good to come in and possibly fail last year. giving him the clipboard time was a huge step in keeping him in the right mind. he'll have chances later to step in and be a key part of this teams success.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I often wonder if it was haley's favor for palko over stanzi. I personally thought that was Haley's biggest weakness. Thomas Jones, Palko, Horne, etc. He had his guys and didn't start them regardless of the other option. That being said, stanzi would have gotten murdered last year and proably wasn't ready(which is probably why he was drafte so late). Let him develop and earn the backup spot v. Quinn.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that Stanzi might win the backup job this year. If he has been working this offseason there is no reason he can't.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have a feeling that Stanzi might win the backup job this year. If he has been working this offseason there is no reason he can't.
I already had him penciled in as the #2. That's the typical progression for QBs under Pioli/Belichick/et al. That and bringing in Brady Quinn is a pretty obvious sign that they feel good with Stanzi as the #2 with Quinn toting the clipboard as the #3.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

IMO, Brady Quinn was signed for the sole purpose of preventing another catastrophe like last year. Pioli f'd up and didn't get the depth of this team anywhere near right last year. everyone knew that if Cassel went down, we would be in some deep ****. Tyler Freaking Palko managed to make this team as the #2 QB. Cassel has shown he is tough, but he will miss a game here and there. Quinn, at minimum, is a name fans recognize and is an instant upgrade at BU QB over Palko. plus, as you alluded to, the competition btween Quinn and Stanzi should be good for both of them.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
IMO, Brady Quinn was signed for the sole purpose of preventing another catastrophe like last year. Pioli f'd up and didn't get the depth of this team anywhere near right last year. everyone knew that if Cassel went down, we would be in some deep ****. Tyler Freaking Palko managed to make this team as the #2 QB. Cassel has shown he is tough, but he will miss a game here and there. Quinn, at minimum, is a name fans recognize and is an instant upgrade at BU QB over Palko. plus, as you alluded to, the competition btween Quinn and Stanzi should be good for both of them.
I wouldn't be too quick to blame Pioli for Palko. Remember Palko was with Todd Haley in Arizona. Pioli wouldn't have brought him in if Haley didn't want him. Sometimes the GM goes out and gets guys just because the HC wants them.

I've been giving it some thought and maybe nepg is right this time. Signing Quinn is a good sign about Stanzi's progress.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't be too quick to blame Pioli for Palko. Remember Palko was with Todd Haley in Arizona. Pioli wouldn't have brought him in if Haley didn't want him. Sometimes the GM goes out and gets guys just because the HC wants them.

I've been giving it some thought and maybe nepg is right this time. Signing Quinn is a good sign about Stanzi's progress.
Dangerous words my friend.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn is not definitely a marking time move. He may have developed something that was never seen in Cleveland. It would not be the first time a team could not find a good QB in the guy they drafted. However, I think he is simply an upgrade on Palko, which is not saying much.

I cannot shake the thought that Brandon Weeden is the target. Cleveland could take him at #22, but more likely he drafts through the playoff teams until someone, such as ourselves, trades up. It could be with Indianapolis or St Louis, but more likely late in round 1.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Quinn is not definitely a marking time move. He may have developed something that was never seen in Cleveland. It would not be the first time a team could not find a good QB in the guy they drafted. However, I think he is simply an upgrade on Palko, which is not saying much.

I cannot shake the thought that Brandon Weeden is the target. Cleveland could take him at #22, but more likely he drafts through the playoff teams until someone, such as ourselves, trades up. It could be with Indianapolis or St Louis, but more likely late in round 1.

J
Why in gods name do you keep bringing up Weeden? And why do you want him so bad?

He's average at best and he's 28 years old. We already have an average 28 year old playing QB, and he knows the system. No thank you to Weeden, and a special hell no to trading up and giving away picks to get him.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

28 or not, he is a GINGER!!!! **** that!!! damn, his hair really makes that jersey look orange

Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn, now I know where all my lucky charms went today.