Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Michael Floyd and Mike Adams would be a great draft IMO as well for Buffalo, value/need wise.
My question for you is; How likely are they (Floyd and Adams) given Buddy Nix draft history?
In particular Nix's history of drafting players from the SE area of the country, and no character concerns in the first round, and in general.
Totally right. I'd love Floyd and Adams in Rounds 1 and 2 but Nix will probably go Glenn/Randle(If he drops to Round 2).

Seems like he only takes players from the deep south.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:10 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna have to call you out on the Dontari Poe pick Scott, as I just don't see it.

1. When I look at his tape, I don't see a first round prospect. I also don't see a early round prospect, but considering his measurables, should be pushed up into the first round. When I look at his film, I see a Day 3 prospect. Obviously there's a lot of reasons for the tape being what it is, but I don't see a Day 1 starter.
-Drafting a complete total project right outside of the top 10, when they have other needs that could be filled with players that also have a high ceiling but also a much higher floor seems ridiculous.

2. The Chiefs are near the top (if not the top) team when it comes to running sub package, and that percentage is expected to get even higher with Peyton in the AFC West and a schedule filled with pass heavy teams.
-Romeo Crennel often does not have a typical nose on these packages. In instances, the Chiefs will go through almost the entire game with 2 linemen on the field.

3. Pioli doesn't seem to be swayed very much by strictly workout numbers when it comes to drafting in the first round.

4. Honestly, Poe looked better to me in the film when they had him lined up as an end.

5. Crennel seems to be rather upfront about his intentions and has let it known they will be going the BPA route. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to argue that route isn't the BPA path.

6. A former scout was recently interviewed and didn't seem convinced they were going to go with Poe. He also dropped a nugget that Romeo Crennel considers ILB as important as a position on the D as NT. Belcher is on a one year RFA deal and is basically a total liability in coverage. (For the record: he said that he saw Kuechly being the pick at 11)

7. There are prospects later on in the draft that seem more ideal with what they want at 0 tech. Ta'Amu (although I'm not a fan of his) and Chapman make more sense and would provide much better value.

I'll take my lumps if I am wrong, but I just don't see it. Just like two years ago when I pounded on the table and said there was absolutely no way Pioli was going to pass on Eric Berry for Bulaga.

I think you should be looking at Poe as more of an ideal one-gap end than a two-gap 0 tech.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate that Sf would take a o linemen in the top 30 just why?I mean we could trade up and get a stud wide out or even stay at 30 and take Cody Fleener and have the best TE's in the league next season. I just hope we don't not take a OG in the first round. You can draft one in 3rd or later and still get a good one.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
6. A former scout was recently interviewed and didn't seem convinced they were going to go with Poe. He also dropped a nugget that Romeo Crennel considers ILB as important as a position on the D as NT. Belcher is on a one year RFA deal and is basically a total liability in coverage. (For the record: he said that he saw Kuechly being the pick at 11).
Well, I can tell you if the Chiefs do go ILB at #11 it will be Dont'a Hightower, not Kuechly.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Well, I can tell you if the Chiefs do go ILB at #11 it will be Dont'a Hightower, not Kuechly.
I've been saying this for weeks, I'm glad someone else agrees. Hightower is a much better fit next to Derrick Johnson than Kuechly is. That Chiefs nickel would be terrifying with Hali, Hightower, and Houston (Triple H?) going after the QB.

Kuechly is a high end run and chase and cover LB, but the Chiefs have one of those already.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote