Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-07-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckum is dictator of that group.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Kenny is my underrated favorite player. He's so damn good sitting back there and ball hawking. Most fans don't realize it bc what he does won't show up on TV, but man is he good.

Corey is a boss. I love DBs.
Kenny without the knee issue would have been a top 3 S in the league by now. Yeah I said it.

Webster to me is the most underrated player on the team and nationally though. I don't think people realize how damn good he is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I think we are just a very likeable team, only a few guys that I dislike, and they are Beckum, Greg Jones, and Clint Sintim

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Kenny without the knee issue would have been a top 3 S in the league by now. Yeah I said it.

Webster to me is the most underrated player on the team and nationally though. I don't think people realize how damn good he is.
C-Web is so underrated, dude just goes out there and does his job, and I agree with you on KP. If he stayed healthy he would be an animal! Another guy who just does work and gets the job done. So underrated.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, the amazing thing is even after the knee he's still a top 10-12 safety in the league. Most teams wish they had 1 good safety with a lot of versatility, we have 2 of them. We're very lucky to have that luxury.

As a deep FS, I don't think there many better than Kenny. Ed, and Earl Thomas are probably the only 2 safeties in the league that are better than Kenny at playing that deep single high.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Corey is a top 5 CB in this league. He's a boss.

I forgot about Sintim and Jones. Don't like those 2 either.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just love the funny role player white boys. I loved Feagles too of course, have jersey. Armstead is my favorite of all time and osi was but then he became all whiney and I faltered on him. I'm not sure I have a clear cut favorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love Osi. That's why I was defending him throughout the season last year. I'm going to miss Wosi's karate move after a sack. Trattou better come up with something good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-07-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Wosi was arguably the best nickname ever.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
*shrug* It's part of being a fan for me. Sure it means I'll be a little disappointed when Eli's no longer our QB, but when that happens it'll probably be in the best interests of the team. Anyone can be replaced, but that doesn't mean that they're going to get replaced right away. Hell my favorite players don't always play for my favorite team, I'm a knicks fan but some of my favorite players in the NBA are Dirk Nowitzki, Ricky Rubio, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Omer Asik, Manu and Danilo Gallinari...I think I just realized that I am a terrible racist...my point was it's not just about playing for my favorite team and being the best guys for our team to succeed, I've had plenty of favorite players that I hoped wouldn't start because ti would be better for the team, didn't mean I didn't have love for the guy...seriously still a little blown away by how quickly I was able to spit out 6 white guys in the NBA and one of the whitest black guys the league has ever had. Worst part is I didn't bring in some other white boys that I'm a big fan of from other teams like Love, Pekovic, Korver and Scalabrine...
That's fine. I am not a fan of any other sport but football. So, I don't really follow basketball. But I am a fan of giants football, and have no favorites. Helps me try to be level headed and no emotional attachments with any specific player.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Eli is the Giants, he can be your favorite!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-07-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
That's fine. I am not a fan of any other sport but football. So, I don't really follow basketball. But I am a fan of giants football, and have no favorites. Helps me try to be level headed and no emotional attachments with any specific player.
I don't get that. Just because you have guys you prefer to watch doesn't you're not level headed when discussing them. How can you watch games and not enjoying watching player X more than player Y? Whether that reason is something purely emotional like Scotty's love for Wosi and Chase or purely because of how much good the do to the team the way we all love Eli. It doesn't mean that when guys I loved are no longer the best option for the team I want the team to hold onto them just so I can go on loving them for longer, but while they're here there's certainly guys I'd rather see out there than others for a miriad of different reasons. That's having favorites.

Substitute Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow, Tom Brady, Revis, Ed Reed and Ngata in for those players I meantioned then. Those players don't play for the giants but I enjoy watching them play and after watching them play many times they've become favorites of mine.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wosi was arguably the best nickname ever.
I wonder if we could get them to trade us a future first round pick for Osi, you know, for the sake of the nickname.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli is the Giants, he can be your favorite!
Yeah, if I had one I guess it would be him. I mean I have been defending him since we drafted because I saw talent in him. So on BBI, there is a section who thought he would be a bust. So I defended him among the many that did. But I really don't have a favorite player.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We all defended him here since Year 1 also. I don't remember any of us ever calling for his head like half of BBI. That's why this place is the best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-07-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah, well also Giants.com MB too. I used to post there as well. So there was a fraction that thought he'd be a bust. So people would ask me for my opinion, and then from there it was people who believed in Eli vs people who didn't.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We won and everyone is happy now so that's all that matters. It feels good to be right though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-07-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

It does feel like fighting a war, and in the end the good guys won over the bad guys. It was a matter of firing Hufangel, and getting rid of Shockey and Tiki.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Guys who thought Eli sucked really don't understand football at all.

There was a play Eli made in 07 vs the Bucs that stands out in my eyes and really made me realize the difference btw us and the casual fan. Eli did a hard count, was able to read the pass rush off the count and knew what the coverage was, and he motioned Toomer inside, hiked the ball, Toomer ran a 8 yard curl and Eli hit him for the completion.

To the naked eye, it's an 8 yard completion. But if you paid close enough attention, you realized how good of a play that was. Eli recognized the coverage and rush pre-snap, adjusted his protection, and motioned Toomer into the open hole in the zone, looked off the safety to open up the hole more, then came back and hit Toomer for 8 yards.

That's a great football play. And when I was trying to explain how great of a play it was and why it was a great play, everyone around me was like "dude, it was an 8 yard completion, big deal"

But they didn't understand what it took to get those 8 yards, and how that kind of play is key to being a franchise qb in this league, and how that kind of play is indicative of how your qb is going to be alright.

We saw Eli make those kind of plays since his rookie year. When you understand football, you know those are the kind of plays you need to see out of your qb in order to know he's going to be alright. We routinely saw it since his rookie year.

And those kind of plays are the type of plays that the casual fan doesn't understand. To them, it's just an 8 yard pass. But it's so much more than that.

What's a better play? That play Eli made, or a 8 yard quick slant where the qb does a 1 step drop, doesn't make any presnap reads, adjustment protections or anything and just blindly throws that 1 step slant for 8 yards (ala Mark Sanchez)?

Both get 8 yards, but when you understand football, you realize how different both those plays are. And when you look at the qb position from that perspective, you realize who's a legit qb and who's not.

We all knew Eli was legit. It was just a matter of time before everyone else saw it too.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game that always sticks out to me was the game when we beat Denver in 2005.

Last edited by LTgiants : 04-07-2012 at 06:06 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Rolle's new tat

Guy better hope he never leaves NY

Old 04-07-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Haha even if he does leave NY that'll be hist best memory. I don't like tattoos at all but for some reason I always just wanted to get a small block NY somewhere in blue.

Also, great post BBD. I liked the knock on Sanchez also.

On edit: This is what I'm talking about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-07-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Haha, just noticed the tattoo makes it look like his armpit/chest is all wrinkly

Old 04-07-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have some weird favorite Giants. Besides Eli I think Webster and Linval Joseph are my current favorites.
You also love Tynes you loser.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Gotta have love for the punter! Good job Steve W!