Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After you guys talking about bioengineering and all, anything normal seems useless to post in this.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone good in microeconomics ?! I'm stuck at some basic problems but for some reasons I can't find the right goddamn answer.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Anyone good in microeconomics ?! I'm stuck at some basic problems but for some reasons I can't find the right goddamn answer.
Maybe I can help you. I'm mostly into macroeconomics and finance, but I do have some knowledge of microeconomics as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check your inbox!

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Check your inbox!
Jebus! I haven't seen anything like this for 4 years now. I'll have to check my notes or something, but I'll get back to you.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Jebus! I haven't seen anything like this for 4 years now. I'll have to check my notes or something, but I'll get back to you.
Thank you! Worst problem ever.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Check your inbox! :)

Quote:
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I majored in Economics so I may be able to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooty I'm need your help again I will draw it up, once i get home, fudge the train
Old 04-05-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I'll look at it!

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-05-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finally got around to it, my bad.

B=2*m*gamma*Wn
my''+by'+ky=bz'+kz

Get the transfer function H(s)=Y(Bar)/Z(bar)
Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Let me take a look at it I will try to come back with something !

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-05-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

dude nvm I figure it out
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

You just draw it and figured it out ? awesomeness

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I got another one ahhaha.

F(x)=F initial(x^2) Finitial= 10 N/cm^2

m=2kg

Xst is the rest position
mx''=mg-F(x)exact governing equation
my''+ky=0 systems dynamics form
y=(X-Xst)

Find K in N/m

then
set the as in motion and the amplitude drops by 1/2 in 4 seconds, this means motion is damped and that the governing equation is
my''+by'+ky=0
or y''+(2*gamma*Wn)y'+Wn^2y=0
find Gamma
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You just draw it and figured it out ? awesomeness
well i was at it for a while and wnated to see where i was going wrong.

Now this one, i'm stuck on for sure. All I know is that it require taylor series to find K.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

hows it coming along?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

dude anything? I can sure use the help by like 12:00
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I know i've been posting in here a lot . Alright last thing for a while, this one is pretty simple.

Here is the run down first, I'm trying to find a min mass flow rate for my project which needs to be 1 GPM, and max 4 GPM. Now water is going out of a 5 gallon jug, that has the top cut off, and the water is flowing into a PVC pipe. The area is already set at 1.5 inches, which I know is to big. I need to find the velocity of water at atm pressure, and then the diameter of the circle which the water will funnel through. I did some work I just need help making sure I did it right, basically a check over. think of it as a Deer Park 5 gallon bottle, like the ones for water dispenser, but the top cut off, and it flowing out the nozzle.

So, I know V=sqrt(2∗19.5inches∗387.6inches/s^2)
V=122.95 inches/sec, 10.245 ft/s = 614.7 ft/min

Now the simple equation of Q=VA

1 GPM->.13ft^3/min = 614.7ft/min * A(min
.03024 in^2 = A(min)
sqrt(.03024/∏)= r(min) = .09811 inches

We would have to reduce our inner diameter to .19622 inches.
Now is this right? I can't believe that? I was initial thinking it would be a DE since our mass flow would be varying, depending the height of the water, gravity would be pushing it through the main system.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone find me a news article that shows an example of Derived Demand. Derived Demand is when the demand for the product directly affects the demand for the factors. For example, if no one needs taxi services in a small town, there is no need for the taxi service in that town since they won't make money.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Take your pick.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
It's not in English, and they are all articles from the 70's and 80's

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
It's not in English, and they are all articles from the 70's and 80's
That's not how it works. You go see who quoted the articles and find the ones relevant to your problem. Generally speaking there's no expiration date on scientific articles so you can pretty much pick whatever you like.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am taking my first economics course in college... and well my first test came back an 80. I am a little disappointed by that, but anyway short-run and long run cost minimization is really giving me problems.

I have not taken calculus, so the derivative stuff is beyond me, but my professor focuses on that method so I am falling behind... the drop date was yesterday so now I am stuck. I fear the worst (which also includes me switching my major from business to something less math orientated)... worst part is I have no exercises or resources to practice with.

Would anyone like to spare some time to help me out? Any economics majors?

I would really appreciate it.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote