Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Also an interesting tidbit is I hear Pete Carroll is trying to trade down a bit, pick up an extra pick or two, and get Dont'a Hightower. I would be happy with this move too as i have previously stated I do not think you use a first round pick on a run-stopping ILB in the NFL these days.

Last edited by DeeboHarrison : 04-10-2012 at 10:00 AM.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
Also an interesting tidbit is I hear Pete Carroll is trying to trade down a bit, pick up an extra pick or two, and get Rolando McClain. I would be happy with this move too as i have previously stated I do not think you use a first round pick on a run-stopping ILB in the NFL these days.
I"m assuming you mean Dont'a Hightower. lol.

Anyways, I'm starting to think Hightower won't be there or he won't get picked by the Steelers. I still have a little hope that Kuelchy will be there.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes not just a run stopping MLB, and hes better than mcclain imo lol
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeboHarrison View Post
I would love Martin but i do not think he will be there. Massie does seem like a bit of a reach at this point, but he probably is not going to fall to our second rounder...maybe we can trade down 8-10 spots and pick up another 3rd?

If we picked up Massie in the first (trade down) and Ta'Amu in the second (trade up) I would be pretty happy though.
Can't stand Martin, dude is allways on the ground.

speaking of Stanford, what do you guys think of taking Coby Fleener in the first round

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post

speaking of Stanford, what do you guys think of taking Coby Fleener in the first round
I'd be very upset. I like Fleener, but we have more important holes on our squad than a TE. Now if we didn't have holes at OL, NT, and MLB, I'd go for it.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I"m assuming you mean Dont'a Hightower. lol.

Anyways, I'm starting to think Hightower won't be there or he won't get picked by the Steelers. I still have a little hope that Kuelchy will be there.
Hah yes I meant Hightower, my bad - who I do not see as much more than a run stopper.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:

I'd take Martin over adams that's for sure. I do not like the idea of Fleener in the first round (PFT has us taking him in their new mock - assuming this is where you got this). We really need an olineman and a future replacement for Casey who can back him up immediately in those first two rounds. After that is the time we can start addressing RB, TE, ILB imo.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Akiem Hicks, Michael Egnew, and Nick Perry are visiting today.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Leonard Pope is also visiting. Would not be surprised if he didn't leave signed. He has followed Haley everywhere he has gone. He'd also be a nice red zone threat at TE.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I cant stand martin either.

fleener would upset me, but not infuriate me. Would be nice to have a TE stretch the seam a bit. Haley isnt a huge TE user though so i dont think its crucial with heath and hopefully saunders
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Quote:
Akiem Hicks, Michael Egnew, and Nick Perry are visiting today.
I really like Nick Perry. I think he is tops at 3-4 OLB in this draft with Melvin Ingram. Perry is real quick off the ball and over his time at USC really became a beast strength-wise too. It's crazy the amount of coverage he did NOT get after having a dominant combine (35 reps, 38.5" vertical and a 4.64 40 at 271 pounds). One of the big recruits that lived up to the hype and actually improved through college - I remember he burned Michigan for Pete Carroll after putting up something like 36 SACKS(!) his senior year. The way he plays reminds me of a LaMarr Woodley. Now as I have said before I do not think we can afford to neglect needs on the offensive line and at NT in the first round but had we been at least average at those positions I would love to see us take Nick Perry at 24 (if he's around).
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I cant stand martin either.

fleener would upset me, but not infuriate me. Would be nice to have a TE stretch the seam a bit. Haley isnt a huge TE user though so i dont think its crucial with heath and hopefully saunders
Haley GUSHED over Heath. It would not surprise me one bit if Heath had a year similar to the one where he put up 70+ catches.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

Leonard Pope has signed.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...r-deal-630752/

Good call Hines, rep up!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid signing. Won't add much as a blocker, but we do get a big receiver. This probably also means the end of David Johnson for us, unless he sticks straightly as a FB.

Regarding Fleener, I wouldn't to be too thrilled about the pick, but I'd like the player, if that makes any sense. I see him as somewhere between Owen Daniels and Jimmy Graham. Not quite the freak specimen that Graham is, but better than Daniels. Definitely another good addition to our receiving corps.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys catch NFLN claiming that you might take Jerel Worthy in the first to replace an aging Hampton? LOL

Thought some of you might get a laugh out of this

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Any of you guys catch NFLN claiming that you might take Jerel Worthy in the first to replace an aging Hampton? LOL

yeah i wouldn't dig that at all, thats almost as bad as putting Ziggy at the nose

Mike Tirico

Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post

id LOSE MY ****. i was pissed when they took hood, worthy would bring back some of those emotions
Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chances cordy glenn falls to us at 24?

if he had no chance at playing tackle id say 50%, but i'd say like 15%, thoughts?

also, i love kendricks... i'd rather have him in the 2nd than hightower in the first... not that i dont like hightower i just think that there wont be a lot of a trade off

i also really like chris polk from washington

id love that to be our 1,2,3

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd love colby fleener in the first...

he would make an immediate impact, could play some slot in certain situations which would take some pressure off our WR's and the dude is just cool haha

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post

if he had no chance at playing tackle id say 50%, but i'd say like 15%, thoughts?

also, i love kendricks... i'd rather have him in the 2nd than hightower in the first... not that i dont like hightower i just think that there wont be a lot of a trade off

i would love cordy glenn, i dont think he makes it though
Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jon Martin is visiting. If he is there, I'd be willing to put money on him being our pick.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

In other news, Cotch is back.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jon Martin is visiting. If he is there, I'd be willing to put money on him being our pick.
I hope he isn't there....

Mike Tirico

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 04-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Haven't watched Kendricks yet, but he seems like a guy that I would like, haven't watched the linebackers at all yet, still working my way through the offensive guys.

I want Glenn if he is there, to play Guard, I think he can be a pro bowler guard and only a average to below average right tackle

Mike Tirico

Old 04-11-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i'd love colby fleener in the first...

he would make an immediate impact, could play some slot in certain situations which would take some pressure off our WR's and the dude is just cool haha
yeah its a luxury pick that maybe we can't afford, but i really wouldn't mind it.

I want Glenn in the first, Hightower wouldn't upset me, Martin and Adams scare the hell out of me, I think I would go Adams over Martin, Bobby Massey could be better than both of them but I haven't watched enough of him

Isiah Pead is a guy that I really want in the 3rd round

Mike Tirico