Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Maybe a few, but the Bengals are damn close to the bottom tier.

Back beyond two years, there's Andre Smith who might become an alright guard, but that isn't what you want out of a #6 pick. Maualuga is proving to be nothing special. Michael Johnson is keeping afloat at least. I'm pretty sure Chase Coffman is out of football. Keith Rivers is oft-injured and might be traded for peanuts soon. Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell are gone from the team. Pat Sims is an alright rotational piece and Anthony Collins is an alright spot starting RT. Jonathan Joseph is gone. So is Frostee Rucker. Kenny Irons? Go even further back to see the Pollack, Thurman, Henry year...Chris Perry? yeah...

So we have a few guys from the last two years who could be good, Leon Hall and Andrew Whitworth that are with the team and notably good.
I could do this with almost every team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better off to just be out of football.
No need to be a dick!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe a few, but the Bengals are damn close to the bottom tier.

Back beyond two years, there's Andre Smith who might become an alright guard, but that isn't what you want out of a #6 pick. Maualuga is proving to be nothing special. Michael Johnson is keeping afloat at least. I'm pretty sure Chase Coffman is out of football. Keith Rivers is oft-injured and might be traded for peanuts soon. Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell are gone from the team. Pat Sims is an alright rotational piece and Anthony Collins is an alright spot starting RT. Jonathan Joseph is gone. So is Frostee Rucker. Kenny Irons? Go even further back to see the Pollack, Thurman, Henry year...Chris Perry? yeah...

So we have a few guys from the last two years who could be good, Leon Hall and Andrew Whitworth that are with the team and notably good.
Andre Smith was a top 5 RT this year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals resigned Dennis Roland - solid reserve O-lineman
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOM NOM NOM KEITH RIVERS

idk, had a man crush on him out of USC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Andre Smith was a top 5 RT this year.
I thought I read that they were considering moving him to guard. What I saw of him last year (pretty much all bad Bengals losses) didn't make me think he was doing well at RT. Missing so much time initially didn't help either.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a 5th to the Bengals for Rivers. I think it's a very good deal for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of the Aaron Curry deal, the Giants will benefit from this move just like the Raiders have so far(we only gave up 7th). Curry was our best LB IMO last year.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still would love to get Kendricks, Spence or Bobby Wagner. Rivers is Tom big of an injury concern for him to negate our need for more talent and speed at LB. Now if the staff is really high on Rivers I'd be cool with waiting til the third, but if one of those three falls to our third rounder I'd be disappointed to see us pass.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last time I heard of Keith Rivers was when he got blasted by Hines Ward.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not expecting much. If he can stay healthy then let's see how he does behind our DL. I guess speed is a big thing with guys like Williams, Boley and now Rivers. That's good speed at the LB position. I guess with all these TEs now coming into the league, that's a must in a passing league.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought I read that they were considering moving him to guard. What I saw of him last year (pretty much all bad Bengals losses) didn't make me think he was doing well at RT. Missing so much time initially didn't help either.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Your analysis of the team is about 2 years behind, no offense as Scott's is as well. After the Andre Smith/Jerome Simpson draft year the team DID change it's approach. They have drafted better football players in the last two drafts, far more so than in prior years where they fell for the workout and/or bad character guy too often. Time will tell if they continue that but if they do you will see 2 solid picks in round 1. No team is perfect in the draft and the Bengals literally went through a decade of horrible drafting, but the last two years have been very solid.

But everyone all over the web still say they ignore character, etc. If they pick Jenkins in round 1 I shall scream and eat crow.

Compounding their old draft ways was the fact that they had a very weak locker room so the bad dudes would just stay as cancers. Now, they have a stronger team chemistry so players with possible red flags would at least be kept on the straight and narrow (or at more likely to be).
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll note that I intentionally left out the players from the last two years as I consider it too early to call on most of them.

This year will help us tell if those drafts are the start of a new trend or the eye of the shitstorm. The team actually hiring scouts points to it being the former, but we'll see.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'll note that I intentionally left out the players from the last two years as I consider it too early to call on most of them.

This year will help us tell if those drafts are the start of a new trend or the eye of the shitstorm. The team actually hiring scouts points to it being the former, but we'll see.

Very much in agreement. One thing Mike Brown has NEVER done - shown the ability to consistently make good decisions. Only time will tell if he can break his own curse..lol
Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cotch back with the Steelers for 2 years.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am not expecting much. If he can stay healthy then let's see how he does behind our DL. I guess speed is a big thing with guys like Williams, Boley and now Rivers. That's good speed at the LB position. I guess with all these TEs now coming into the league, that's a must in a passing league.
That is a big IF! I would be surprised if he passes the physical.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

Quote:

True, there was chatter about his wrist injury being degenerative.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it, let him play with a club for the rest of his career, that'd be so bad ass!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Eh, if the Giants really want him, he'll pass the physical. In the rare instances where a guy does fail a pre-trade physical, it's usually because the team acquiring him got cold feet. (I think it was Indy that did this with John McCargo once upon a time.)
Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a big deal, we are a walking hospital anyways. Seems like everyone tore their ACL last season. At one point someone posted a hospital gown as our new uniform for this season, lol. So worse comes to worse he gets booted off the team or on IR with the other hurt people.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

giants raking in the big moves today. apparently just signed Sean Locklear.

huh?
Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
giants raking in the big moves today. apparently just signed Sean Locklear.

huh?
Bringing in some Cornbread to the champs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If GF1080 and Scotty are happy, I am happy! Go GMEN!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is keith rivers worth a poo anymore?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Is keith rivers worth a poo anymore?
IF he is healthy

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote