Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Sydney!

I worked in a bottleshop over summer break so unfortunately I'm well versed in the range (or lack thereof) we get in Australia. Importing is expensive obviously, and with only 20million people, the number of small breweries is obviously quite low.

My favourite is probably James Squire, although they are starting to expand a lot.
Have you ever been to Redoak Boutique Beer Café on 201 Clarence Street? It is the highest rated Brewery in Sydney.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Have you ever been to Redoak Boutique Beer Café on 201 Clarence Street? It is the highest rated Brewery in Sydney.
I've tried Redoak before, just out of the bottle. Can't say I've been to a huge number of bars actually in the city though. Usually they are too pricey.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I've tried Redoak before, just out of the bottle. Can't say I've been to a huge number of bars actually in the city though. Usually they are too pricey.
I just noticed that $9 for a Boston Lager? WTF? Racer 5 $31. Australia kinda sucks.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I just noticed that $9 for a Boston Lager? WTF? Racer 5 $31. Australia kinda sucks.
Ummm yeah. Obviously if it's importing, shipping things to Australia will add to the cost. But even for the local stuff, they are just as or more expensive.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried Sam Adams Winter Lager a few nights ago..first one was meh but got better as I kept pouning the bottles but I think that was just me getting drunk and not caring anymore

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not bad. not great, but not bad. certainly their best beer besides regular Shiner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to drink a lot of st. paulie girl for the first time and other assorted beers. How is it?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm about to drink a lot of st. paulie girl for the first time and other assorted beers. How is it?
The only time I had St. Paulie Girl it was skunked my friend says its suppose to taste that way. So it was terrible. But you will enjoy the other assorted beers better if you have it first. So there's that.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...almost everyone I know who's tried it didnt like it. But it's my girl's favorite and she's been wanting me to try it for a while. We'll see...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah...almost everyone I know who's tried it didnt like it. But it's my girl's favorite and she's been wanting me to try it for a while. We'll see...
Not to hijack, but is your girl the one that was dating another guy?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Not to hijack, but is your girl the one that was dating another guy?
yes.......

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes.......
Nice work! If her taste in beer is anything like her taste in men, then it tells us a lot about you :)
Old 04-10-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice work! If her taste in beer is anything like her taste in men, then it tells us a lot about you :)
haa burn. so she is YOUR girl now. like all yours?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YEA YOU GO MOTH!! lol

Back on topic...tried Sam Adams Winter Lager a few days ago. Have some friends who like Sam Adams and I'm just trying out diff things now and getting out of my comfort zone.

It was coo not bad not great imo. Did get better as I kept pounding them but I think it was me getting to that IDGAF stage than them getting better.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
YEA YOU GO MOTH!! lol

Back on topic...tried Sam Adams Winter Lager a few days ago. Have some friends who like Sam Adams and I'm just trying out diff things now and getting out of my comfort zone.

It was coo not bad not great imo. Did get better as I kept pounding them but I think it was me getting to that IDGAF stage than them getting better.
winter lager is decent out of the tap, but just about every beer is better out of a tap.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
haa burn. so she is YOUR girl now. like all yours?
Yes....and I did end up liking that St. Paulie girl. I dont get the hate. I had a GREAT night. :P

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Perhaps...or they're just "off" when it comes to beer. I cant stand the taste of any dark beer, either. I'm not a beer man at all, really. So I was surprised the St. Paulie wasnt bad, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
winter lager is decent out of the tap, but just about every beer is better out of a tap.
Yeah, in general. But there are also beers that belong in a bottle, and achieve a character in bottle that isn't produced when on tap.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 04-11-2012 at 11:14 AM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
YEA YOU GO MOTH!! lol

What's your comfort zone?
Other than anal
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I just paid $1 for a 24oz can of PBR, and by "a can" I mean seven of them because that's all they had.

**** you if you dont think that is a good deal.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just paid $1 for a 24oz can of PBR, and by "a can" I mean seven of them because that's all they had.

**** you if you dont think that is a good deal.
so 7 cans for a $1? wtf steal.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
so 7 cans for a $1? wtf steal.
That's all they had. I was like, "is this all the PBR you have?" I was ready to buy every last can.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's all they had. I was like, "is this all the PBR you have?" I was ready to buy every last can.
god bless texas.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
7 cans for $7, as i understand it. 1 can for $1.

and that *is* a helluva deal for a sure hangover.
I don't plan on drinking them all tonight, but I wasnt about to pass up a deal.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What's your comfort zone?
Other than anal
I really like dark beer/brown ale. Dos XX amber, Newcastle, Negra Modelo etc etc.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: