Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is that NE thinks there will be a serious crunch when the CBA doesn't go up in 2014 and draft picks value will be drastically increased (because draft picks provide decent value at lower cap space hits).

This probably means more trading back and out. :(
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said yesterday I'm fine with trading picks this year. The only legit man crush I have left this year is Chandler Jones since all the others have question marks. I don't mind a small draft class either since the team is pretty young as it is. Getting out of this draft with another 2013 first rounder (maybe two) and a 2013 second rounder would be fantastic. The draft next year already looks much better than this year's draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty much the same way. I really actually prefer guys who will be in the top half of the 2nd like Shea McClellin, Harrison Smith, or Kevin Zeitler to clear cut 1st guys we've been mocked in the 1st like Konz, Branch, Gilmore, and Reyes.

Plus, extra picks next year could give me a whole offseason to dream about getting Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, and Tyran Mathieu.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is definitely the most difficult draft to project who we may like. That would lead you to think we will trade down given the circumstances and out history. Since that is so logical, we will probably trade up this year or stay put. It seems to make too much sense that we trade down this year.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Plus, extra picks next year could give me a whole offseason to dream about getting Barkevious Mingo, Jarvis Jones, and Tyran Mathieu.
OK, we disagree lol! I don't want any of those guys, at least not in the first round. My favorite in the group is Jones, but I'm not sure if I like his fit in BB's scheme. Mingo is such a one trick pony, he has no moves or strength what so ever. I'd much rather have Sam Montgomery. I admit that Mingo has insane upside, but I wouldn't touch him in the first with the way he played in 2011. If he refines his game then maybe. Mathieu is a nice player, I actually like him a lot. But I wouldn't touch him in the first. His personality is a major turnoff for me, so is his (lack of) size. I think he's a FS or a slot corner in the NFL.

Marguess Wilson, David Amerson, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods (fat chance, I know), Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter, Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, Eric Reid, Baccarri Rambo etc are players that I'd much rather have next year. On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd rate this year's draft as a 6. Next year would be an 8. The talent gap from this year to next year is so big that I'd be happy just to get out of this draft with one player and trade the rest for future picks.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baccarri Rambo may enter the Supplemental draft.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I know but until it's official I'm counting him among next year's crop. I hope he doesn't enter the supplemental draft though...

Quote:
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This is definitely the most difficult draft to project who we may like.
It feels like we are still experiencing a down year after the mass exodus that was before the rookie wage scale.

There just isn't that much first round talent in this draft.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So sick of trading out of round 1 and 2 but this year the draft class is just so weak I'd be ok with it.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How do you guys feel about Markelle Martin from Oklahoma State? He has similar size to our current safetys at 6'0 205. He has great athlete with good speed. He also seems to be a smart and hardworking experienced player.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRAFT HIM!!! I wish he did that to Snead week one of that year maybe it would have woke Snead the **** up.

I like Martin. He has tools and experience, I just don't really know how he fits with what we have. We love tweener type safeties and that is what Martin is so it is a possiblity.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

M. Martin's stock seems to have really plummeted. I think at one point he looked like a 2nd round pick. We're going to need at least a backup for the oft-injured Chung.

Can someone illuminate me on Nick Perry? All of a sudden I see many mocks giving him to us at 27. I thought he was strictly a 4-3 end? Is he getting mocked to us because he's a pass rusher and we need a pass rusher? You never know with BB but Perry seems an unlikely pick for us.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martin has all the tools but he didn't seem to make very many plays this year and is often out of position due to his recognition skills or angles to the ball. He has soft hands and is actually a pretty reliable wrap tackler but certainly not the stud his physical abilities would suggest. I'd say he has the potential to start but there's a lot of work to be done mentally. He allows way too many completions and gets caught peeking into the backfield too often for my liking; Martin could be described more as a reactionary defensive back than an anticipatory one. If he were available at #95 I'd be fine with it but otherwise I think the Patriots could do better in the first two rounds. Rahim Moore was a much better prospect last year.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He seems like a player Bill would take a chance on with his physical traits. His draft status seems to be falling a bit because he is hurt now, which the Pats are not afraid to take a gamble on.

Any one have an any input on Brandon Mosley, Offensive Tackle from Auburn. He has good size and athleticism (used to be a tight end) and displays a mean streak.

Some of his weaknesses include experience and technique, which Bill doesnt mind when it comes to offensive tackles.
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I don't think we're going to draft a tackle this year since we have great depth right now, but most likely "only" good depth when the season arrives (Matt Light is probably going to retire). Solder, Vollmer and Cannon is a pretty damn good group of tackles and we usually don't carry more than three tackles. If we're addressing OL it's interior OL.

I kinda like Martin, but I wouldn't draft him before the third round.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

out of all the players who are connected to us.... who do you think are the most likely to be picked by us? least likely? ....based on scheme fit, production, intangibles (Captain for 3 years, etc)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
out of all the players who are connected to us.... who do you think are the most likely to be picked by us? least likely? ....based on scheme fit, production, intangibles (Captain for 3 years, etc)
Least likely: Whitney Mercilus, Nick Perry. Scheme primarily, neither looks like they can play in space as a 3/4 OLB.

Most likely: Brandon Taylor, S. Value + need (3rd round?)
Old 04-11-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I could see us taking Brandon Taylor waaaaaay earlier than he is projected to go. Like possibly in the first. He just makes so much sense for us, not saying I want us to take him that early but it could definitely happen. First would be a shocker but I could see us taking him in the second.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I could see us taking Brandon Taylor waaaaaay earlier than he is projected to go. Like possibly in the first. He just makes so much sense for us, not saying I want us to take him that early but it could definitely happen. First would be a shocker but I could see us taking him in the second.
i would punch a few babies if we took taylor in the first lol. there are so many players that are graded similarly between picks 25-45 that i probably wont mind the picks at all between this range, unless they are MASSIVE reaches or clear luxury picks. taylor would certainly qualify lol

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Oh yeah not saying it is likely but we have been shocked before on draft day. I'm sure we can all agree the most likely scenario is we trade out of the first with at least one of our picks, and I could see us then taking Taylor in the mid second or something like that. Not trying to be Nostradamus, I'm just using it as an example. Taylor fits the mold of a guy we would reach a bit for early on in the draft.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antwaun Molden just signed with the Giants. Apparenlty that below-average ship has sailed.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Antwaun Molden just signed with the Giants. Apparenlty that below-average ship has sailed.
Repleshing the secondary with below average DBs is just two weeks away.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't post.

Girding myself for another disappointing draft. I keep hearing "with the 27th pick the New England Patriots select Alfonso Denard, CB, Nebraska." The voice is Paul Taglibue though, so maybe it's just the anticipation getting out of control.

Edit: Interesting draft Q&A with Nawrocki Check out the thoughts on Hightower (this has nothing to do with DBs, really, but thought I'd add some content to this post.)

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-12-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fuct91
Rookie

fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.fuct91 could make a wolverine purr.

After hearing that the Pats and Welker are not making progress towards a new contract, does anyone else see his departure being more likely come draft time? Really would like to see them pull the trigger on a trade.

How much of an upgrade would Y.Bell be to this secondary?

Also starting to really sour on Upshaw after hearing about his Combine/Pro Day numbers and Wonderlic score, and not sure how he would fit in BB scheme. I'm really not a fan of Barron either. I am all about Cox, Kuechly, C. Johnson, H. Smith as Draft Day gets closer.

Anyone expect any team(s) trading out of the 12-18 spot that dislike the value in that area?
fuct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be hesitant to trade Welker unless we were getting a young WR in the draft or trading for Wallace which i don't think were going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

We've signed Koppen. I guess we can forget about Konz.

Quote: