Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Final Forum Mock

Up to date picks from the final forum mock draft:

1.26) Nick Perry, OLB, USC

2.48) Jerel Worthy, DE, Michigan State

2.61) Brandon Boykin, CB/PR, Georgia

3.81) LaMichael James, RB/KR, Oregon

4.113) Philip Blake, C, Baylor

4.135) Jarius Wright, WR/KR, Arkansas

5.139) Aaron Henry, FS, Wisconsin

5.152) DeAngelo Peterson, TE, LSU

6.177) Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

6.186) DeAngelo Tyson, NT, Georgia

7.222) ???

Last edited by UTPATS : 04-23-2012 at 09:55 AM.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My feeling right now is sit and wait and see who falls to 14. I wouldn't trade down until then. Maybe work out some potential trade downs but nothing until we see who is there. If DeCastro or Cox are there, I take them. If not, I move down to the 18 to 20 range.

I'd also seriously consider jumping back into the late first round for Pete Konz.

We should definitely come out of this draft with 2 upgraded starters and probably 2 more contributors/future starters.

Guys I really like in the mid-to-late rounds are Joe Adams, Janzen Jackson, Akiem Hicks, and Rhett Ellison.

My sleeper in Round 7 is Bowie State linebacker/end Delano Johnson, who also played basketball. I get a Erik Wladen vibe off him.

Anyway, good luck and have fun. PM me or hit me up on twitter (also cmd34) if you want a sounding board.

Last edited by cmd34 : 04-13-2012 at 01:22 PM.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
My feeling right now is sit and wait and see who falls to 14. I wouldn't trade down until then. Maybe work out some potential trade downs but nothing until we see who is there. If DeCastro or Cox are there, I take them. If not, I move down to the 18 to 20 range.

I'd also seriously consider jumping back into the late first round for Pete Konz.

We should definitely come out of this draft with 2 upgraded starters and probably 2 more contributors/future starters.

Guys I really like in the mid-to-late rounds are Joe Adams, Janzen Jackson, Akiem Hicks, and Rhett Ellison.

My sleeper in Round 7 is Bowie State linebacker/end Delano Johnson, who also played basketball. I get a Erik Wladen vibe off him.

Anyway, good luck and have fun. PM me or hit me up on twitter (also cmd34) if you want a sounding board.
Who would you take in the 18-20 range?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who would you take in the 18-20 range?
Someone is going to slip out of Barron, Kirkpatrick, your boy Brockers, Coples, etc. they can't all be drafted in 19 spots.

I just like thier value at 20 much more than at 14.

Worst case scenario I take Gilmore, Glenn, or Konz there, although it may be a little high for Konz.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
Someone is going to slip out of Barron, Kirkpatrick, your boy Brockers, Coples, etc. they can't all be drafted in 19 spots.

I just like thier value at 20 much more than at 14.

Worst case scenario I take Gilmore, Glenn, or Konz there, although it may be a little high for Konz.
If I went by the results of the 5 rounds in 5 days mock, those guys would all be gone by 20 except Gilmore and Konz. I agree that's a little high for Konz, but what do we do with Gilmore? Are you thinking he's a replacement for Mike Jenkins? Or do you like him in the slot? Trying to think of his best impact to the team. I don't quite see the value in taking him there versus the CBs that will be available later in the draft. Especially with many scouting reports out there calling his ceiling as a good #2 type CB. Do you think he's #1 type CB material? Just curious.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Hey guys, I'm picking for the Boys in the Final Forum Mock on here. I'm excited because this will be my first time picking for the Cowboys in a Mock, most of the time its the Titans or someone.

I would appreciate some input on the picks but I will make the final decision about what I think would be best for the team. We have one of the best Team Forums around and I will take every suggestion seriously because you guys know your stuff.

I will use this thread to post whats going on, what guys are avail, what guys are falling a bit. I will most likely use PM to talk about specific things I'm thinking because I dont want to give away too much info.

For starters, are there any situations where you see us moving up in round one? What about moving down?
Id stay put and go BPA unless it was just to good to pass up.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At 14 insta-grab: DeCastro or Cox and depending on your opinion of Ingram you can add him to your list.

Trading down adds a ton of different targets but we can discuss that if you get any good offers and both "blue chip need" prospects are gone.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
At 14 insta-grab: DeCastro or Cox and depending on your opinion of Ingram you can add him to your list.

Trading down adds a ton of different targets but we can discuss that if you get any good offers and both "blue chip need" prospects are gone.
What about Coples?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-14-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
What about Coples?
Figuring he'd be taken already but yeah I'd grab him before considering trades as well.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chance to move up to #5 overall, thoughts???
Old 04-14-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Chance to move up to #5 overall, thoughts???
Why? We arent one player away. No thanks

Old 04-14-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Even for a third rounder?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
# 5 pick is worth 1700. #14 is worth 1100, our 2nd rounder is worth 450 our 3rd is worth 185. So it would take our 1st and 2nd plus some. They arent giving away #5 for our 1st and 3rd.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Old 04-14-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

If they do laugh menacing and take it.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Stayed put, but have offer to move into the early 20s... thoughts? Suggested trade request?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was never doing it for just a 1st/3rd...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Stayed put, but have offer to move into the early 20s... thoughts? Suggested trade request?
Whos avalible at 14? What do you get for the trade down?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say consider a move down depending on who is all available. I would say it depends exactly how far down into the 20s but I would try to get a 2nd as well at the very least.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Your job should be REALLY easy now.

Cox? Gone.
Poe? Gone.
Barron? *puke* Gone.

Top rated guard and potentially Center still on the board? Check. Run to the podium.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No! Don't listen to Trogdor, take Michael Brockers!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Not a big Brockers fan and DeCastro sitting there... still would like a move down though....
Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Moved down to 30 for a 2nd and 4th...Great value in late first and late 2nd...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

... You got robbed.

Old values (higher picks are worth even more with the salary structure)
Trade Totals
Trade A (14th pick) Value: 1100
Trade B (30th, 61st, 125th) Value: 959

When trading at least consult the value chart to at least get in the right ballpark.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...pick-value.php
Old 04-16-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
... You got robbed.

Old values (higher picks are worth even more with the salary structure)
Trade Totals
Trade A (14th pick) Value: 1100
Trade B (30th, 61st, 125th) Value: 959

When trading at least consult the value chart to at least get in the right ballpark.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...pick-value.php
Trog... under normal circumstances I would have got a future pick, but this is a mock, future picks really dont mean anything...

And, looking at the other trade downs, I get a better deal then them...People just arent offering much to trade up...

Last edited by UTPATS : 04-16-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just as long as they don't trade out of the 1st rd. That used to drive me apesh*t when Jerry & especially Jimmy Johnson (who should've known better) did that a decade ago.

They're going to get a starter at 14, maybe not the impact rookie phenom, but a starter will suit me fine. Like D says, Barron, Kirkpatrick, Coples on defense or even starter material for the interior OL & I'm happy
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote