Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-11-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anthony davis at guard could be a great thing. hes big, relatively quick, and aggressive. he struggled in space against quicker defensive ends in pass pro but nobody was ******* with him in run blocking. i still want him to play tackle tho because i still think he can be good at that position too.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know if any of you madden players but i just got back into it with the updated rosters and all. justin smith is a 99. ******* awesome! ray mcdonald was an 87. bruce miller was a 75 i believe.

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 04-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i dont know if any of you madden players but i just got back into it with the updated rosters and all. justin smith is a 99. ******* awesome! ray mcdonald was an 87. bruce miller was a 75 i believe.
What about Alex Smith, Dashon Goldson and Vernon Davis?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners will be legit on Madden 13, with many of their players finally getting the ratings that properly equate with their talent. I am interested in what Alex ratings will be. The highest he ever was before was in the very low 80's, early in his career based mainly on his draft status.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 04-11-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What about Alex Smith, Dashon Goldson and Vernon Davis?
Alex - 86 Goldson - 84 Davis - 95
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The Niners will be legit on Madden 12, with many of their players finally getting the ratings that properly equate with their talent. I am interested in what Alex ratings will be. The highest he ever was before was in the very low 80's, early in his career based mainly on his draft status.
alex is an 86 in madden 12.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
alex is an 86 in madden 12.
On the update but not when the game was released. He was a 78 or 79 I believe, not even in the 80's.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Alex - 86 Goldson - 84 Davis - 95
I thought Goldson would be a little higher. At least an 87.

Quote:
The Niners will be legit on Madden 13, with many of their players finally getting the ratings that properly equate with their talent.
I expect the 49ers to have the highest rated defense next season in the game.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden??? UGH. What a piece of crap that series has been since the bought the rights to the license. So sad that the NFL doesnt care about quality. Oh well, im just hoping that Willis loses to Newton or whoever the hell he's facing because I dont want him on the Madden cover.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I prefer Boone as a valuable swing tackle and I prefer that they keep Davis at RT until he fully matures at the position or they give up on him at that position.
Once more I agree with Irish, we've always been big on Boone once he got rehabbed his rookie yr., & have always thought that he earned his place at the table last yr. (yeah guys it's me, glad to be back) -- this yr. it's put up or shut up for Davis at RT. Yeah, great run blocker, but gets whacked too often in pass protection. Unless they find somebody better Boone may find himself starting with someone else (Staley?) the swingman.

What was lost in the media hype over Harbaugh's miraculous 14-4 season was that there is still immense work to be done on that OL. How did they do against Demarcus Ware in Game 2? not so good, that game was an overtime loss. And remember when they went on the road Thanksgiving night in B-More Smith never had time to set up, much less throw. Granted it was vs. one of the best pass rushes in the NFL, but it should have been a wakeup call about their pass protection.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Madden??? UGH. What a piece of crap that series has been since the bought the rights to the license. So sad that the NFL doesnt care about quality. Oh well, im just hoping that Willis loses to Newton or whoever the hell he's facing because I dont want him on the Madden cover.
if theres anyone who can beat the madden curse, its P Willis

Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Agreed Dan.

I kind of thought Tebow would be a shoo-in for the Madden Cover, & the Curse too. He's already graced the cover of SI.

So, what did ya'll think of the Manningham signing? Maybe send a msg. to to a 49er overpaid, Singletary-draftee alleged game-changer receiver from Texas Tech to step it up or ??

Manningham is just plain lethal on that deep out route right in front of the cover 2 safety.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Niners will be legit on Madden 13, with many of their players finally getting the ratings that properly equate with their talent. I am interested in what Alex ratings will be. The highest he ever was before was in the very low 80's, early in his career based mainly on his draft status.
Madden still has its flubs though. The have Haralson rated so far above Brooks its not even funny. Its like they have their ratings flip-flopped. And the fact they have VD with a 90 speed rating irks the hell out of me. I dont care if he's fastest TE on the game, they guy ran a 4.38 40 yard dash. Manningham has a 93 speed rating and he ran what like a 4.6 coming out? Ok, /rant.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Right, I don't see how Haralson is an 85. That's absurd. He should be around a 75 in my opinion. Brooks should be about an 85.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's EA/Tirubon, does the screw ups in Madden really surprise you guys? And I prefer NOT to see Willis having the chance to beat that curse. Dont ever want to see any 49er on the cover of Madden period.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan has so much hate on Madden ha.Just calm down Dan.If Madden is all we got then so be it.It really wasn't that horrible in franchise mode.

I would love to see the QB vision come back from 05 and off season drills to work up your players or super star mode along with an intense rookie off season to work your way into starting position. but it will never happen.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Madden still has its flubs though. The have Haralson rated so far above Brooks its not even funny. Its like they have their ratings flip-flopped. And the fact they have VD with a 90 speed rating irks the hell out of me. I dont care if he's fastest TE on the game, they guy ran a 4.38 40 yard dash. Manningham has a 93 speed rating and he ran what like a 4.6 coming out? Ok, /rant.
Yes, like anything else, Madden has it's flaws. There's ways to manipulate the game that have existed for years, such as trading your first round pick (as an undefeated team) in the 6th week of the season to one of the teams with the worst record for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd (sometimes 4th) picks, straight up. It's also most beneficial to play a 4-3 D instead of a 3-4. When you position switch big DEs like Justin Smith to DTs, their OVR goes up. Same with drafting or acquiring OLBs with some speed and strength, then switching their position to DE, where they usually become great pass rushers on sims. I usually always build solely through the Draft as a challenge, and I do like that in Madden 12, they finally allowed you to have up to 20 Draft picks per year, when every year before you were maxed out at 10. It helps you build up your roster with young talent significantly faster.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dan has so much hate on Madden ha.Just calm down Dan.If Madden is all we got then so be it.It really wasn't that horrible in franchise mode.

I would love to see the QB vision come back from 05 and off season drills to work up your players or super star mode along with an intense rookie off season to work your way into starting position. but it will never happen.
Franchise mode is good but as usual, EA screws it up. In 12, going through the pre-season cutting fake non-existent players and then seeing some or majority of them remain over ACTUAL NFL players was the beginning of the end for me. As usual with EA, great idea, horrible execution.

Madden hasnt been any good since 2004/2005 and amazingly, those were the last two highest rated Madden's in the last decade. Sadly, Madden got better reviews when there was competition.

So be it? Not for me. I played M12 and im sorry, the gameplay still sucks. Game will never be great and there's a reason why I always played the alternative (Montana, Tecmo, GameDay, 2K) to Madden and that reason is simple - the alternative was easily and clearly a better game, more fun and addictive. Madden is none of that. Its just a rehash every year of the previous year. Minor adjustments are made and thats it. Until EA actually develops a new game engine from the ground up, the series will always be crap. Only reasons it sells is because of the exclusive license and because Madden's name is on the game. Sure as hell doesnt sell due to the quality of the game because thats well, non-existent.

And one of the best features ever in Madden was mini-camp which was a lot of fun and more fun than the actual games themselves but of course, EA focuses more on other stuff instead of bringing back something that was actually good.

Sorry but there's a reason why EA was the worst business company for 2011 - they suck and their games are even worse. UGH. Evil Empire. UGH. Wish they would go bankrupt. I would be so happy. One of the main reasons I hate EA is that they buy licenses or companies and either dont use them or kill them off. Its like, okay, what was the point in buying that? Take the ESPN license for example. They purchased the ESPN license for 15 years after they acquired the exclusive NFL license and seven or whatever the hell it is years later, im still waiting to see ESPN presentation in Madden. Sorry but EA is a joke of a company.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

yeah i always just ncaa (which isn't much better) over madden

Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really should just have a Madden 49ers thread.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Really should just have a Madden 49ers thread.
Agreed. I always play a lot of madden around draft time.....what a waste of time but I'm addicted.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Sorry guys. I'll stop ranting about Crapadden.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice article about Kyle Williams' chance to make the roster by Maiocco:

"It's difficult to imagine the 49ers would put Williams in a position to return punts again in a pressurized situation."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...10&feedID=2800
Old 04-14-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Nice article about Kyle Williams' chance to make the roster by Maiocco:

"It's difficult to imagine the 49ers would put Williams in a position to return punts again in a pressurized situation."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...10&feedID=2800
I wouldn't mind taking 2 WR's in the draft. One early, one late. I don't really care if Williams makes the roster or not. He choked a punt return in college too, so i don't see how our staff could ever trust him as a returner again.

Oh, and a small Jason Brown update as well

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/...38464794058752

Quote:
Jason Brown had a 'positive visit' with the 49ers and was very impressed with their organization, per a league source.
http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/...38718817894400

Quote:
Ravens have made an offer to Jason Brown, but it wasn't a high offer. Brown visited the Panthers shortly after being cut by the Rams
We're definitely slow-playing the FA OG market. The question is, are we banking on a 1st/2nd round pick to start at OG? Or are we banking on Kilgore to start?

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 04-14-2012 at 07:02 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Oh, and a small Jason Brown update as well

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/...38464794058752

http://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/...38718817894400

We're definitely slow-playing the FA OG market. The question is, are we banking on a 1st/2nd round pick to start at OG? Or are we banking on Kilgore to start?
Being only 4 million under the cap before the draft makes it pretty hard to sign Jason Brown unless someone else gets the axe but who knows there
s so many things they can do with the cap..