Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-12-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
And Im OK with that if it means he isnt pumping out cookie cutter Nashville ****
He writes his own music, and wirtes straight from his emotions. He's said he isn't the fastest when it comes to writing, that's probably some of it. It was three years between his first two albums, it wouldn't surprise me if its similar. And if he keeps putting out music like he has, I'm perfectly fine with it. Jamey Johnson is badass.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best live show Ive been to was Jamey

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Im OK with that if it means he isnt pumping out cookie cutter Nashville ****
Agreed. Although i thought he was heading that direction after "Playing the Part"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Yeah, I was slow on the Paisley, and I do actually like So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore. But that is the exception to the rule for me. (I think its because Jackson didn't write this song, which hasn't happened... ever maybe?)

His nephew wrote the song, and if he can write stuff like that, he's got a future as a writer, and if he has any vocal talent, singer too.

I like Lady A. They're very good, just nothing I would seek out and go see, personally. They were in my area for a show last year, and I didn't feel I was missing out on much not seeing them. They don't seem liek they'd be different live anyway. ZBB on the other hand... I REALLY want to see them live.
Agreed on ZBB. I've been wanting to see them live for so damn long already but none of the promoters down here want to bring them because they'd be really expensive and everyone prefers to go see douchebags like Chris Young and Luke Bryan. Even RRB and EYB are getting expensive here, but that's more of a demand thing. Their shows are still dirt cheap in Corpus Christi, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio.

I'd love to see Lady A but not at 80 bucks a ticket.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Best live show Ive been to was Jamey
He was rumored to be playing Bonnaroo, but when the lineup was announced wasn't on it. I was incredibly disappointed. But they are still adding names (just added Rodrigo y Gabriela, among others, yesterday) and they still have another round of names to add, so I'm still holding out hope.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Agreed. Although i thought he was heading that direction after "Playing the Part"

Agreed on ZBB. I've been wanting to see them live for so damn long already but none of the promoters down here want to bring them because they'd be really expensive and everyone prefers to go see douchebags like Chris Young and Luke Bryan. Even RRB and EYB are getting expensive here, but that's more of a demand thing. Their shows are still dirt cheap in Corpus Christi, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio.

ZBB is coming to my area for a music festival (Headlining with the Allman Brothers) and the tix are $100. Considering there are about 50 other bands playing, I really am considering going.

I'm pretty sure that's what Lady A cost here last year. If it would've been cheaper, like $35, I may have gone.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's a music festival and you get to see ZBB, i'd do 100. That doesn't seem a lot considering it's a nicely sized music festival.

It's crazy how overpriced concerts are down here since the demand is a lot higher than the supply. George Strait comes down maybe once every year, and tickets start at $150. $35 is what they're charging for RRB and EYB now, same with Kevin Fowler, Pat Green and any other good name Texas Country artists. Tickets for Chris Young at the livestock show were $45.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If it's a music festival and you get to see ZBB, i'd do 100. That doesn't seem a lot considering it's a nicely sized music festival.

It's crazy how overpriced concerts are down here since the demand is a lot higher than the supply. George Strait comes down maybe once every year, and tickets start at $150. $35 is what they're charging for RRB and EYB now, same with Kevin Fowler, Pat Green and any other good name Texas Country artists. Tickets for Chris Young at the livestock show were $45.
100 isn't bad at all, I agree, but it'd be 30 bucks in gas each day to and from. Plus I am already kinda maxed out on what I want to spend this summer with going to Roo and probably another music festival in Delaware. I really should, but idk if I'm going to be able to swing it.

Also, Pat Green was playing a show in Philly I could've gone to for about 20 bucks. But I didn't go. The night of the concert, I found out the Josh Abbot Band was with him. If I had known... I would've gone. I'm still kicking myself for that one.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Josh Abbot and Pat Green for 20 bucks? lol that's a gimme. I oughta kick you too
Old 04-12-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of my friends were trying to convince me to fly to Arizona for the weekend because there is a thing called Country Thunder. It's 3 or 4 days of straight country. If you camp there, it would be 100 dollars for the whole days. Here is the lineup:

http://arizona.countrythunder.com/?s=1.16
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FFS every time i see this thread i think its the "New and Improved Free Agency Thread"

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I heard about that, looks sick. That first day, especially. Wish I could find something like that around here.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
FFS every time i see this thread i think its the "New and Improved Free Agency Thread"
This thread was made first, so blame whoever made the Free Agency thread, lol.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard about that, looks sick. That first day, especially. Wish I could find something like that around here.
I know in Pittsburgh they are having a four concert thing with Aldean, Rascal Flatts, and I think Luke Bryan.

I would have gone if tickets weren't 500 to go to AZ, plus the 100 or so for the concert tickets. Not paying 600+ for a weekend.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That sounds like a good deal for whoever is in the area. For 100 bucks that lineup is pretty damn good.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

My fault, it's 160 for the four days. Still a great deal IMO.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You can get cheap tickets for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo but it's not too worth it unless you pay for the expensive seats and get to move out on the dirt. Alan Jackson is playing here this weekend and sold out in no time. I got on 20 minutes after tickets went on sale and it was already up to the nose bleed section at the area opposite of the stage. Even then they were $65 so I passed on them.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I didn't like ZBB. He started singing "Devil Went Down to Georgia" and other people's songs as well. Then his opening act was like 2/3rds of the concert. Then ZBB comes out and sits on a stool and sings a few songs without recognizing the fans at all. If that is your thing then you will like it. I like Paisley, Urban, and the guys that will run around the stage and at least thank you for coming out. I saw ZBB a little over a year ago so it might have got better since they have had more time to come up with more songs. I also waited in line to get Zach's autograph and the guy looked down at the table, grabbed the picture that slid his way, and passed it on. He wouldn't recognize anybody, wouldn't talk to you, wouldn't shake your hand, and wouldn't thank you for coming like his opening acts would. It could have been a bad day but he definitely acted like we were wasting his time and he wanted out of there.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:

Eli Young Band used to play at Sam Houston Race Park in Houston for like $10 before they started getting big. If you went for the horse races you got in free since the concert was afterwards. Miranda used to play there as well.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I used to like Miranda, but she married hack, joke of a musician Blake Shelton and seems like she, too, sold out and went Nashville. Its a shame too, she was one of the few really badass country chicks her first two albums, now I have to hear utter **** like "Baggage Claim". Horseshit.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I used to like Miranda, but she married hack, joke of a musician Blake Shelton and seems like she, too, sold out and went Nashville. Its a shame too, she was one of the few really badass country chicks her first two albums, now I have to hear utter **** like "Baggage Claim". Horseshit.
Baggage Claim ISSS pretty catchy though.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Baggage Claim ISSS pretty catchy though.
And that's it right there. Its catchy... but what does it draw you into? Absolutely ******* nothing. Her music used to be some kick-ass chick music, where you could tell she is writing out of pure hate, even. (Gunpowder & Lead, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Kerosene...) Baggage claim has absolutely no substance to it. I can still sing you all the words to those three older songs, and a lot of her earlier stuff that didn't even make it on the radio, but I honestly couldn't tell you anything about what baggage claim is, because as soon as I try to pay attention to the lyrics, they throw me right off by being awful.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

favorite miranda song.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite Miranda song has to be Kerosene

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of those days that I want to do absolutely nothing but drink a bunch of beers in a lawn chair listening to country music. One of those days...
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hearing that makes me grateful for what i have. I get to do that whenever i want, usually once or twice a week.