Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Just as long as they don't trade out of the 1st rd. That used to drive me apesh*t when Jerry & especially Jimmy Johnson (who should've known better) did that a decade ago.

They're going to get a starter at 14, maybe not the impact rookie phenom, but a starter will suit me fine. Like D says, Barron, Kirkpatrick, Coples on defense or even starter material for the interior OL & I'm happy
What draft day trade out of the 1st did you not like of Jimmys? Jimmy might have been the best ever at trading down, out, or up for value. I LOVED the way he moved around.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you haven't seen the updated thread, check out and let me know what you think... pick #30 is coming up quick...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52153
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
If you haven't seen the updated thread, check out and let me know what you think... pick #30 is coming up quick...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52153
Konz- do it

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 26th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...

Nick Perry, OLB, USC
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the 26th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...

Nick Perry, OLB, USC
Gotta sit down and hear the justification behind this one.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Perry at 26. Braces us for Spencer departure in 2013 and IMO the best pass rusher coming out this year.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Second round thoughts????
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should have stayed at 30 and drafted Whitney Mercilus. You could grab Doug Martin here, or Reyes or even Kelechi Osemele. Just my 2 cents. Just saw Amini Silatolu and Jarel Worthy are still avalible. Good value there

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-16-2012 at 07:27 PM.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
I like Perry at 26. Braces us for Spencer departure in 2013 and IMO the best pass rusher coming out this year.
You really don't think Spencer can improve with a better DL and secondary? Rather you'd just like to write him off, let a rookie 1st rounder sit on the bench behind him this year and share snaps with Butler as back ups?

The impact you get out a first round OLB next season is rather zilch. You're taking a long term solution to OLB... but that can be done next season just as easily AND at least you'd know for sure that Spencer didn't handle it even with the added help.

I'm just not down with that strategy. If you move down, and Konz is on the board, it's pretty much what you want.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You really don't think Spencer can improve with a better DL and secondary? Rather you'd just like to write him off, let a rookie 1st rounder sit on the bench behind him this year and share snaps with Butler as back ups?

The impact you get out a first round OLB next season is rather zilch. You're taking a long term solution to OLB... but that can be done next season just as easily AND at least you'd know for sure that Spencer didn't handle it even with the added help.

I'm just not down with that strategy. If you move down, and Konz is on the board, it's pretty much what you want.
Now this kid sees the light!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ick. So you get 3 quarters in exchange for our dollar and then you draft a super stiff athlete whom is questionable to transition successfully to the 3-4 over a plug-and-play guard at 14 or plug-and-play center at 26.

No offense but this isn't going well. Hoping for a redemption.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

I wanted to try something different than picking DeCastro or Brockers or Baron or whatever else we see all the time... I wanted to see how things would shake out if we traded down...

Here are my thoughts, dont really care if you agree, but here they are...

1) We addressed our offensive guard situation this off-season, a second or third round guard to be groomed will work just fine.

2) Spencer was franchised, hasnt signed it yet, and reports keep coming out about him not reporting to off-season workouts. So, moving back was something I wanted to do that was different. It was the best value out of the trade backs at the time of the draft. Getting Perry, will allow Rob to use him in pass rush situations early and can fill in for Ware or Spencer WHEN one of them get tired or hurt. Rotations seem to work well with teams like Pitt and NYG.

3) Konz is not an elite Center. We can take a center in the later rounds and he can play the position this year as well. If Konz was a dominate center, then maybe its a different. Story, plus I looked at trading back up to get him, hoping he would fall to early second round.

In reality, DeCastro would be my pick at 14, but I really wanted to see how things looked in a different light. Already watched DUnit take Brockers and how he did things. I like his draft, but I wanted to try something different.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wanted to try something different than picking DeCastro or Brockers or Baron or whatever else we see all the time... I wanted to see how things would shake out if we traded down...

Here are my thoughts, dont really care if you agree, but here they are...

1) We addressed our offensive guard situation this off-season, a second or third round guard to be groomed will work just fine.

2) Spencer was franchised, hasnt signed it yet, and reports keep coming out about him not reporting to off-season workouts. So, moving back was something I wanted to do that was different. It was the best value out of the trade backs at the time of the draft. Getting Perry, will allow Rob to use him in pass rush situations early and can fill in for Ware or Spencer WHEN one of them get tired or hurt. Rotations seem to work well with teams like Pitt and NYG.

3) Konz is not an elite Center. We can take a center in the later rounds and he can play the position this year as well. If Konz was a dominate center, then maybe its a different. Story, plus I looked at trading back up to get him, hoping he would fall to early second round.

In reality, DeCastro would be my pick at 14, but I really wanted to see how things looked in a different light. Already watched DUnit take Brockers and how he did things. I like his draft, but I wanted to try something different.
I know how you feel. In reality, there's no wrong or right in mock drafts. Main thing is you enjoy doing it. I like trying something different.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

With the 48th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...

Jerel Worthy, DE, Michigan State
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Derek Wolfe just went the pick after Worthy... glad I grabbed Worthy when I did and didnt count on Wolfe even with my second 2nd round pick...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big Worthy fan but I'm not sure where he'd fit in our scheme. I was thinking we could groom him into a 1-gapping NT to become Ratliff's eventual replacement, but IDK.

I think I'd rather just scrap the 3-4 and run a more conventional 4-3 if we landed Perry and Worthy with our first 2 picks.

WLB-Carter
MLB-Lee
SLB-Connor

RE-Ware/Butler
UT-Ratliff/Worthy
NT-Worthy/Spears/Brent
LE-Perry/Spencer/Hatcher

We'd be a little thin at LB depth but that DL rotation would be sick.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm a big Worthy fan but I'm not sure where he'd fit in our scheme. I was thinking we could groom him into a 1-gapping NT to become Ratliff's eventual replacement, but IDK.

I think I'd rather just scrap the 3-4 and run a more conventional 4-3 if we landed Perry and Worthy with our first 2 picks.

WLB-Carter
MLB-Lee
SLB-Connor

RE-Ware/Butler
UT-Ratliff/Worthy
NT-Worthy/Spears/Brent
LE-Perry/Spencer/Hatcher

We'd be a little thin at LB depth but that DL rotation would be sick.
I think we could pull off the 4-3 fine.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

I have another suprise planned for 61...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I think we could pull off the 4-3 fine.
The 4 wouldn't bother me. The 3 would.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

With the 61st pick in the NFL Draft, the Cowboys select...

Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia

Last edited by UTPATS : 04-17-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

With the 81st pick in the NFL Draft, the Cowboys select...

LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

I really like the last 2 picks. I actually love 3 out of your 4 picks so far and I don't hate Worthy.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Also, I think Perry can rush on Ware's side when he needs a breather. When Ware is tired, he becomes very average.

By having 4 OLB who can play, you will be able to save Ware's legs a little better than in the past. As mentioned before, he's not getting any younger...
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

With the 113th pick in the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select

Philip Blake, C, Baylor
Old 04-19-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Default Through 4 Rounds

Ok guys, here is an alternate draft of what I would have done if I would have stayed at 14 and taken DeCastro like most of you wanted...

14) DeCastro - starting Guard
45) Branch - Decent pass rushing, not in same class as Perry IMO
81) Bentley - solid feisty corner, not near the talent level of Boykin or ST player
113) Blake - starting Center, who I got in the real Mock at same place.

I wouldn't be upset with this draft, but after comparing it so far to what I have, I actually like what I've done as a whole better than the alternative.

26) Nick Perry
48) Jerel Worthy
61) Brandon Boykin
81) LaMichael James
113) Philip Blake
135) Jarius Wright, WR (Wanted Engew, was taken at 133)
139) Aaron Henry, S (Wanted Hardin, but was taken at 130)
155) DeAngelo Peterson, TE (Not my first pick, but an athletic TE with upside)

Last edited by UTPATS : 04-19-2012 at 08:11 PM.