Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-13-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
We've signed Koppen. I guess we can forget about Konz.
Good. Just because he's the best center in the draft doesn't mean he's worth where he's going to be drafted.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have any predictions regarding some of the roster battles currently set to take place in camp and throughout the preseason? Some of the ones that stand out are listed below:

FB: Tony Fiammetta vs. Spencer Larsen
WR: Deion Branch vs. Chad Ochocinco vs. Donte' Stallworth
WR: Julian Edelman vs. Anthony Gonzalez
LB: Bobby Carpenter vs. Trevor Scott
LB: Niko Koutouvides vs. Jeff Tarpinian
Old 04-14-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Does anyone have any predictions regarding some of the roster battles currently set to take place in camp and throughout the preseason? Some of the ones that stand out are listed below:

FB: Tony Fiammetta vs. Spencer Larsen
WR: Deion Branch vs. Chad Ochocinco vs. Donte' Stallworth
WR: Julian Edelman vs. Anthony Gonzalez
LB: Bobby Carpenter vs. Trevor Scott
LB: Niko Koutouvides vs. Jeff Tarpinian
FB: I like both FBs but if I was to guess one it would be Larsen.

WR: Ocho

WR: Edelman, Gonzalez could make the team if he can show he is healthy

LB: Both

LB: I think Bobby Carpenter takes this spot

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Good. Just because he's the best center in the draft doesn't mean he's worth where he's going to be drafted.
I wouldn't put it past Belichick to still pick Konz though. I have that sinking feeling..
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
I wouldn't put it past Belichick to still pick Konz though. I have that sinking feeling..
Eh, I'll never rule out any 1st round position, but I have to think that center is a fairly low priority and that Konz won't impress (he hasn't impressed me) enough to use a first round pick on him.

If I'm using a first rounder on a center, he had better be special.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to EE? Haven't seen him around here since the Super Bowl. Not sure if this is what happened:

EE, we need you back! People are way to positive these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he was taking a break for awhile, I'd imagine he'll be back after the draft or right around the start of the season. In the mean time I'll make sure to keep the pessimism up around here. Part of the reason I have done little posting about the draft this year, I really am not as excited as I should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to get excited by the talent level in this years draft.
On the bright side if team visits are any indication (don't laugh) at least BB is looking at pass rushers ...
Matt's doing the forum mock again. Wonder if he's going to break his record for trade downs like he did last time
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI, I heard Junior Hemingway on an XM Radio interview mention that he had done a private interview (but no workout) at New England. He said he's being told he's a 5th rounder.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a comprehensive link for pre draft contacts. Note the two RBs (Doug Martin, David Wilson). Also a USC player the team sat out in 2011, Armond Armstead (you tube link.) Looks to be a very good potential late round draft choice.

Finally the pass rush prospects:
Melvin Ingram
Courtney Upshaw
Chandler Jones
Nick Perry
Bruce Irvin

(Melvin Ingram is curious, he'll be long gone by 27.)

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-16-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
(Melvin Ingram is curious, he'll be long gone by 27.)
I really hope so. I will kill puppies, kittens and babies if we select that overrated piece of garbage.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope so. I will kill puppies, kittens and babies if we select that overrated piece of garbage.
Tell us how you really feel
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hard to get excited by the talent level in this years draft.
On the bright side if team visits are any indication (don't laugh) at least BB is looking at pass rushers ...
Matt's doing the forum mock again. Wonder if he's going to break his record for trade downs like he did last time
Already exploring trade down/out possibilities with one of my first round picks!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

You traded up!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You traded up!
I like it! Kirkpatrick is a great talent and can play either FS or CB. He's big, a great tackler and has good range. Furthermore he's a perfect fit in BB's zone defense. Great pick, Matt.

Quote:
Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Quote:
I like it! Kirkpatrick is a great talent and can play either FS or CB. He's big, a great tackler and has good range. Furthermore he's a perfect fit in BB's zone defense. Great pick, Matt.
I agree, he'd be a really good fit for us and gives us loads of flexibility on the back end. This isn't outside the realm of possibility either.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dre is really a perfect fit here in New England. Hopefully this comes true on draft day

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Why'd you trade up? Who was going to take Kirkpatrick between you and 23 and 27? Arizona? Dallas? Worried about someone else trading up?

I like the pick. I think Kirkpatrick could be a FS/CB for NE and fits our defense. I just don't know that his stock merits trading up right now.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why'd you trade up? Who was going to take Kirkpatrick between you and 23 and 27? Arizona? Dallas? Worried about someone else trading up?

I like the pick. I think Kirkpatrick could be a FS/CB for NE and fits our defense. I just don't know that his stock merits trading up right now.
i was talking with him when he debated on trading up. the worry was another team sniping us by trading up and getting him

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I was worried about another team trading ahead of us for the last top talent remaining on my board. With #31, I worked out a trade down:

Patriots trade:

#31 overall

Browns trade:

#37 overall
#139 overall
2013 third-round pick
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Just selected LB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama with the 37th pick in the draft.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I think it's a good pick. It really hinges on if he can play OLB or not. If he can't, we basically have 3 ILBs or two MLBs (Mayo can play OLB).
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hightower and Kirkpatrick are very interesting selections. Not sure that either of them has a natural NFL position though. Very interesting athlete/body types though and I'm sure BB would be able to make it work.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think it's a good pick. It really hinges on if he can play OLB or not. If he can't, we basically have 3 ILBs or two MLBs (Mayo can play OLB).
Yeah Spikes and Hightower are very similar. However, I'd pity the fool that tries to run on a 3 LBer set with Mayo, Spikes, and Hightower.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

I think that's a great pick and the steal of the forum mock. I'm no expert but from what I've read I think he offers great versatility and would really improve our defense.

I posted this on the scouting report thread, but I'll repost it here:

Nawrocki in a draft Q$&A answering a LB question for San Diego:

But honestly, if I had my choice of anyone in the draft, it would be Dont’a Hightower from Alabama. He’s done it before, I think he’s very safe, he’s got the leadership presence you want, he can kick inside if you need him there. He’s very versatile, very tough, very underrated, and he's not being widely considered as a true rush linebacker because he didn’t play it all the time at Alabama, but I think he’s better than Upshaw and far safer than any of the other prospects mentioned. If I were San Diego and I had a chance to land him — which I’m not so sure they will — he’d be the one that I would be most interested in.

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-16-2012 at 06:51 PM.