Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at a scouting report, Jones is a physical, ball hawking S who likes to hit. He is pretty small and not really fast or explosive. He is a three year starter and a vocal leader. He also played marginal competition. He's probably a late round pick, UDFA.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Mock Draft

1.Cordy Glenn G Georgia

2.Almeda Ta'amu DT Washington

3.Isiah Pead RB Cincinnati

4.James Micheal Johnson LB Nevada

5.Ron Brooks CB LSU

6.Bradley Sowell OT Ole Miss

7.Travis Benjamin RB Miami

7.Lavon Brazill WR Ohio

7.Chris Diel FB Clemson

7.Carson Wiggs K Purdue
That would be a pretty damn awesome draft.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That would be a pretty damn awesome draft.
I agree.....

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ladarius Green is visiting on Monday. It seems like we are looking at mid-round TE prospects.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Ladarius Green is visiting on Monday. It seems like we are looking at mid-round TE prospects.
Nice, I like both Egnew and Green. I mocked both of them to us earlier hoping we'd target a pass-catching TE at some point, and it appears we're looking at that. I hope we do get one and add another wrinkle to our offense.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Green's skill set....

But after actually watching him in games, he isn't very good at all. Failed to make an impact against Arkansas State.

Guess he is worth a shot in like the 5th round

Mike Tirico

Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So say if things workout where Dre slides to us, and its picking between him and Hightower, who you got?

I would have to go with Dre, as it is I'm not to big on Hightower, but I think Dre would potentially help us at either Cb or future safety.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tough question, i think hightower is much more of a sure thing though.

although i have faith dre could play CB for us or be a STUD FS
Old 04-16-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

That'd be tough, but I'd probably go after Dre.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Andre Branch, Keshawn Martin, and Green are all visiting today.

Bringing in OLBs makes me feel as if Chris Carter could get moved inside. I like Martin as well, but he's no different from what we already have. I wouldn't hate drafting T.Y. Hilton or Martin, but I'd prefer a bigger body at WR.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Add Cincinnati DLman John Hughes to the list. He's a potential NT prospect.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like there are way more Olb/DE than there are ILB. And we need depth at OLB just as bad as inside, Harrison near future doesn't look so good.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

So how will the league office screw us with the schedule?

I would say Baltimore on a sunday night, then traveling to the west coast for a thursday night game.

Mike Tirico

Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I feel like there are way more Olb/DE than there are ILB. And we need depth at OLB just as bad as inside, Harrison near future doesn't look so good.
i think thats where hightower is the most valuable
Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Don't be surprised if we don't draft a MLB til the second or third day of the draft. I think the team wants Sly to win the Buck spot soooo bad. Him not having an offseason last season hurt him bad.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

drafting hightower wouldnt surprise me, thrill me, or piss me off....id just be fine with it, i think hes a great player and a great addition but there are other needs but i would be happy. Heres my emotion list lol

Thrilled: David Decastro, Reily Reiff, Dontari Poe

Happy: Cordy Glenn, Michael Floyd, Luke Kuechly, Donta Hightower. Mike Adams

Ok: Dre Kirkpatrick, Mark Baron, Peter Konz, Quinton Coples, Michael Brockers

not happy: Kevin Zeitler, Alemeda Taamu (thrilled at both in the second though)

FURIOUS: Jerel Worthy, Jonathan Martin...both would give me what i call evander hood syndrome
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
steelersrock151
Rookie

steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.steelersrock151 is a cocksman.

K, I think I'd move Poe to Happy and Keuchly to Thrilled in my list. Something about Poe's lack of production in real games bothers me, but if the Steelers brass thinks he's their guy than ok. Keuchly has freak acceleration, and theres a reason he had as many tackles he had in college. Can't argue with production.
steelersrock151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't know why everyone hates on Jon Martin here. Yeah he's kind of soft, but I believe he's going to be a good pro and would be a nice fit here.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
K, I think I'd move Poe to Happy and Keuchly to Thrilled in my list. Something about Poe's lack of production in real games bothers me, but if the Steelers brass thinks he's their guy than ok. Keuchly has freak acceleration, and theres a reason he had as many tackles he had in college. Can't argue with production.
i really think poe would be unstoppable on this defense, his lack of production means nothing to me when you look at who he played with. I dont buy the argument that he wouldnt have started on teams like LSU, OSU, Bama...ect, i think if he played for teams like that hed be a top 5 lock.

Quote:
I don't know why everyone hates on Jon Martin here. Yeah he's kind of soft, but I believe he's going to be a good pro and would be a nice fit here.
We have one of him in jonathan scott. He reminds me so much of chris williams its disgusting...the most "pro ready" pass blocker...sure. Williams didnt allow a sack in 4 years in the SEC but was ABUSED in the pros and had to play guard and might just now be competing for a LT job like 5 years later. Martin is a product of a great pro system, a great line overall, and an offense with a great QB that made his job look easy always throwing to TEs and not making the oline work too hard. I like chris williams too, but he fooled me...theres just more than being a good pass blocker in college
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
drafting hightower wouldnt surprise me, thrill me, or piss me off....id just be fine with it, i think hes a great player and a great addition but there are other needs but i would be happy. Heres my emotion list lol

Thrilled: David Decastro, Reily Reiff, Dontari Poe

Happy: Cordy Glenn, Michael Floyd, Luke Kuechly, Donta Hightower. Mike Adams

Ok: Dre Kirkpatrick, Mark Baron, Peter Konz, Quinton Coples, Michael Brockers

not happy: Kevin Zeitler, Alemeda Taamu (thrilled at both in the second though)

FURIOUS: Jerel Worthy, Jonathan Martin...both would give me what i call evander hood syndrome
colby fleener? cuzzz thats gonna be the pick

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i dont think fleener would be the pick....BUT i wouldnt hate it, but i wouldnt be thrilled either. Heath has a big contract, they like saunders, haley doesnt like TEs that much, and they signed pope.

what do you guys like about the rams drafting richardson and trading/cutting jackson? seems too perfect to me as a stop gap solution at RB
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who are some qb's you guys like in later rounds?

someone like russell wilson would be intriguing at the end of the draft... hes mature, decent arm, decent athlete, great intangibles.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Not thrilled for a Nick Perry?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

not really. i mean maybe, hes just like super stiff and i dont think he would be able to handle OLB duties. The fact that woodley can at his size is a rarity. Depth at OLB is a need, i do hate worilds and i think carter is to small to ever hold up but in round 1 or 2...not so much, unless they could get some stud in round two that fell like cam johnson or bruce irvin or something.

i just think theres much bigger needs than OLB, hopefully harrison and woodley can hold up the whole year
Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Steelers table don't like any of these mid to late 1st round prospects and will trade up to get their guy ala Troy Polamalu?

Luke Kuechly comes to mind (if he gets past Kansas City, Seattle, and Arizona).
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote