Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Barron, Ingram, trade down?
Really dont see the value in Barron at 16. Not an Ingram fan either. Trading back and getting Andre Branch is best case scenario imo. Not sure who would trade up though
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post

Ryan did try Gholston as DE so I can see Ryan wont have a problem with hybrid 4-3 as long as harassing quarterback works. Unfortunately, in Ryan's career as DC and HC, he never has at least ONE player with 10 sacks a season.

That cant be accurate, Suggs never got more than 10 sacks with Ryan as DC?

Ok all of Suggs 10+ sack years were when Ryan wasnt DC, but Adalius Thomas got 11 in 2006 with Ryan as DC.

Last edited by Robcards : 04-04-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
That cant be accurate, Suggs never got more than 10 sacks with Ryan as DC?

Ok all of Suggs 10+ sack years were when Ryan wasnt DC, but Adalius Thomas got 11 in 2006 with Ryan as DC.

What a lazy work by me. Pryce and Thomas had at least 10 sacks in 2006. I dont know how I missed it. Maybe focusing on Suggs too much. my bad.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Value is a funny word. All of the pass rushers available at 16 are going to have warts. The best player there may actually be Fletcher Cox.

I think Barron is a real possibility. Most believe he's going to be taken in the top 20.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Need a complete overhaul to switch to a 4-3 I think David Harris and Muhammed Wilkerson are the only starters that would be good in a 4-3. Pouha and Devito are 2gap run stuffers with little pass rush ability, Pace wouldnt make a good 4-3 de, and i doubt bart scott would adjust to the 4-3 well either. Believe me I would love the Jets to switch to 4-3 but we just dont have the personnel for it.

That is why I am thinking about a hybrid defense instead of base defense. Dixon and Pito would play LE temporarily. Pace will share roles with Dixon at strongside end and Perry at weakside end. Jets would draft one or two athletic OLB. Only Scott that would be left out during the transformation. Not difficult to get it done but 3 rookies for front 7 is kind of risky if Jets continue talking about Super Bowl craps.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Value is a funny word. All of the pass rushers available at 16 are going to have warts. The best player there may actually be Fletcher Cox.

I think Barron is a real possibility. Most believe he's going to be taken in the top 20.

I am all for Fletcher Cox. I may be okay with Barron because I am not sold on either Landry's healthy for one full season nor Landry being 4 years as a Jet. Barron may start at FS as a rookie instead of Leonhard and Smith until Jets miraculously find a legit FS.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think Fletcher Cox is going to be there, but he's a guy I'd definitely be happy with. Cox is nice because he has a motor too.

A lot of the picks I'd be okay with after the obvious ones are more tools guys, not sure why. Maybe because the team really lacks speed.

Poe is a project, but one I think I'd be okay with gambling on particularly given the team has some good vets on the DL, good DL coaches, and he wouldn't need to play right away.

Stephen Hill is a perfect fit for what they need across from Holmes as a #2 in the run first, chunk play scheme IMO (tall, deep threat, good run blocker). Might not produce a ton right away, but if he can essentially be Torrey Smith (and I think he can) that might be enough as a #2. Somebody to compete with Schilens too.

Michael Floyd has pretty good measurables, I like him a lot on the field but question some of his numbers (YPA's across the board were bad) and he's got those off the field issues...think interviews will be telling for him and obviously I have no idea what those were like.

Rueben Randle's another interesting guy who was super productive in the SEC with a poor QB situation (which is potentially what he'd be coming too if the Jets drafted him). Didn't run well at the combine but looks pretty fast on tape to me and improved at his pro day. Think he might be underrated a tad and a good target in a trade down or the second, but not sure he's there in the first.

Alshon Jeffery is the kind of kid who scares me either way, usually see those more in the NBA draft but I'd be afraid to take him and afraid to pass on him. High ceiling, low floor. The weight stuff obviously isn't great and he ran alright but not great, 2010 Alshon was ridiculous though. His tape this year reminds me a bit of what Plax was able to do last year, which isn't the best thing as I thought the offense clicked more with Edwards than him.

Dre Kirkpatrick as a FS is another gamble but an interesting one, he has the requisite height and likes to hit. Seems like a worthwhile conversion project for a team that could use another safety, particularly one with coverage skills. There's no perfect option to cover the elite TE's in the league right now, but a guy with Kirkpatrick's size and coverage skills is a good option.

Not a measurables guy but Barron obviously fills a huge need and I think he's just a solid, step in and start kind of guy. Not a sexy pick, but I think it'd be a good one. Position's more valued than it used to be, although typically in the past if you went for a safety in round 1 you'd want a potential elite playmaker and I'm not sure that's Barron.

Not sure what goes down with Bart Scott, but if Luke Kuechly is on the board I would be okay with that pick. Great measurables and coverage ability, would be a good option to cover TE's and backs again which was a weakness.

Offensive tackle is kind of all over the place, everybody has clear strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure if they took one I'd be happy with it, but nobody particularly stands out. Cordy Glenn might be my favorite for the Jets, but I'm not sure how well he fits the scheme Sparano's going to run. Could be Vernon Carey-ish at RT though, so I think it could work.

Not huge on any of the OLB options, but there are some I'd be cool with. Ingram's an interesting option despite his being short and having short arms. Think his versatility is appealing. Very explosive, not sure if he's a dominant pass rusher though.

Upshaw I would be disappointed by, good football player but I don't think he's near athletic enough to be successful in the NFL.

Perry is a tremendous athlete but stiff and needs some refining IMO, it's a risky pick particularly because he's stiff but some guys who were labeled as being somewhat stiff (the Washington guys Kerrigan and Orakpo stand out) to standing up have had success. I think I'd be okay with him, might have dominant pass rusher upside moreso than some of the other guys.

I like Andre Branch a lot, the Clemson DE thing worries me a bit but he's got a good motor, pretty fluid, good against the run, can get after the QB, good athlete...his value doesn't seem to be in the 16 range but I'd be very happy with him in a trade down.

Nobody else seems to be a legit first round option off the top of my head, but I do like Vinny Curry and Shea McClellin, and Cam Johnson would be a guy I'd be cool with on day 2.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Bart Scott is overweight? He looked lean to me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-back-in-2012/

Did I read NFL network right? Shea McLellin is just behind Ingram for top DE or OLB? If so then Shea at 16th is not out of question.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Bart Scott is overweight? He looked lean to me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-back-in-2012/

Did I read NFL network right? Shea McLellin is just behind Ingram for top DE or OLB? If so then Shea at 16th is not out of question.
Mike mayock is a lunatic. Branch, Upshaw, and Mercilus are better.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:

LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers (4/?).

+West Virginia linebacker Bruce Irvin (3/22, 4/?).

*Memphis guard Ronald Leary (3/?).

South Carolina receiver Alshon Jeffery (4/4).

Montana defensive back Trumaine Johnson (4/?).

Oklahoma linebacker Ronnell Lewis (?/?).

*Maine safety Jerron McMillian (?/?).

Harvard defensive end Josue Ortiz (?/?).

*Oregon State linebacker Cameron Collins (4/13).

*San Diego State punter Brian Stahovich (3/?).

LSU safety Brandon Taylor (4/?).

Utah State running back Robert Turbin (4/9).

What a terrible pre-draft visit list. Does it mean that anyone who visit Jets in final 2 weeks of April could be ours?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
What a terrible pre-draft visit list. Does it mean that anyone who visit Jets in final 2 weeks of April could be ours?
List looks about right to me. Would like to see stephen hill and maybe branch/mercilus visit too
Old 04-08-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TheJetsBlog put out a more extensive list. I'll sum it up below.

Defensive backs:

Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
D'Anton Lynn, Penn State
Trumaine Johnson, Montana
Jeremiah Brown, Wagner
Brandon Taylor, LSU
Jerron McMillian, Maine
Omar Bolden, Arizona State

Front 7:

Michael Brockers, LSU
Jack Crawford, Penn State
Mike Martin, Michigan
Kendall Reyes, UConn
Justin Francis, Rutgers
Josue Ortiz, Harvard
Ronnie Cameron, Old Dominion
Quinton Coples, UNC
Jake Bequette, Arkansas
Andre Branch, Clemson
Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
Delano Johnson, Bowie State
Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
Julian Stanford, Wagner
Cameron Collins, Oregon State
Lavonte David, Nebraska

Offensive line:

Cordy Glenn, Georgia
Andrew Tiller, Syracuse
Ronald Leary, Memphis
Jeff Adams, Columbia
Ben Jones, Georgia
James Brown, Troy

Skill positions:

Dan Di Lella, Albany
Robert Turbin, Utah State
Terrance Ganaway, Baylor
Doug Martin, Boise State
Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati
Cody Johnson, Texas
Evan Rodriguez, Temple
DeVier Posey, Ohio State
Joe Adams, Arkansas
Marvin McNutt, Iowa
TJ Graham, NC State
Gerell Robinson, Arizona State
Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina
Orson Charles, Georgia
Michael Egnew, Missouri
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

So far I know, Francis and Irvin already visited Jets but who will be next 28?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...re-salary-caps

That gives me some new ideas about Jets draft. Make sense or senseless?

Revis' next contract will be a problem but releasing Scott and Pace will create some room for Revis' first 2 or 3 years in contract depending on when the contract is signed. Rookie starter for OLB, OLB and ILB in 2013. Naturally, we will bark at that so 2012 draft prospects will be a key to rebuild the 2013-15 core. That would negate our current issue with PR, FS, WR and RT.

While I have struggled to understand why Jets bother to attempt to extend Keller's contract, I fully expect Jets to trade down from 16th to get extra picks to cover both 2012 needs and recycling needs for 13-15.

However, if Jets stand pat then Jets may split needs. I can see Jets skip FS with bringing Leonhard back and grooming Tracy Wilson or giving Cromartie a try. RT too with Ducasse, Hunter and Howard. Possibly WR as Turner will see some extra action or Campbell is ready to ride out.

After this opinion, I could see Jets look at ILB, OLB and SS instead of WR, RT, FS, Rushing OLB and RB as primary needs with 16th standing pat. Trading down from 16th would net us a good extra 2 picks, which would extend the needs by adding WR and rushing OLB.

Or focus majorly on 2012 team.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

How do you find Tony Pauline's draft work? I am not familiar with his work and will check him out for future consideration.

I agree with his opinion on top 5 Safety but I am not sure about Hardin because he has plenty history of shoulder and arm injuries. I am not a fan of S with shoulder issue because it may cause FS any hesitation on tackling or hitting. I could like to gamble on him after 5th round so it can't be him being top 5 safety.

His comment about Jets' late round targets for S help. I believe it is purely basing on visits with Jets.

Quote:
The Jets are expected to target some late-round safety prospects like Jerron McMillian, Trevor Coston and Chad Faulcon. (Tony Pauline)
No offense to small school S... Who is current solid NFL FS that came from small school? And since when did Jets focus on small school prospects? Unless I overlooked someone else, Ducasse should be the last draftee coming from a small school.

If Jets indeed do that then they should give Portland State's Deshawn Shead.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Not that that matters to you but WR Michael Floyd and SS Harrison Smith are other prospects that visited Jets.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me, but I keep wondering why there never seems to be any talk of the Jets taking DeCastro at 16. All reports say the guy could be a staple for the next decade, a safe pick. Putting DeCastro on the right side would make one sick OL.

Also, what do you guys think if Coples fell to 16 like some mocks have rumored?

As for Poe, I am a scarred fan with work-out warriors; Vernon Gholston. I'd have to say pass if he's there, and think we have way too many other needs.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I keep wondering why there never seems to be any talk of the Jets taking DeCastro at 16. All reports say the guy could be a staple for the next decade, a safe pick. Putting DeCastro on the right side would make one sick OL.

Also, what do you guys think if Coples fell to 16 like some mocks have rumored?
I think DeCastro's best fit is at Guard and I think they would much rather upgrade the RT spot. He certainly is a safe pick. I predict he becomes an All Pro at G.

As for Coples, I don't see where he fits in the 3-4. He would be nice in some of Rex's other packages though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Agreed on DeCastro. Guard just isn't a big need at all, he's a great player but if he's on the board maybe they can entice somebody to trade up. Don't really think he'll be around anyway, but we'll see.

Coples is interesting, I think the team is thinking the same thing. They just brought him in for a visit, so I think they're trying to figure out where he fits and if they like him enough to take him if he does slip to 16, which looks more likely right now. I know Rex put him through linebacker drills at his Pro Day, but I'm not sure he's much of a linebacker. Maybe they could use him in a role like the Texans used Mario Williams in last year, but it would be better to get somebody who's a more prototypical fit.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Coples played everywhere on the line at North Carolina, could use him as a 5-tech, but with Wilkerson and Devito the need isnt there. Coples would easily be BPA at 16 though, also DeCastro is big enough to play RT hed be a hell of a lot better than Hunter or Ducasse
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I think part of the reason they brought Coples in is because they wanted to see where they could move him around. If he's got the ability to play some OLB then he's quite a chess piece and I think something that they wouldn't want to pass on. That said if he's just a 5-tech I'm not sure they make that move, and ultimately it really depends what they see on tape with the motor issues and how they interviewed with him. Don't think Ryan would sign off on a guy he doesn't feel would play hard.

I think DeCastro is big enough to play RT, but he's highly rated as a G not a RT. If he was just a RT then I don't think his grade would be as high. Doesn't make sense to convert him. They could draft a guy in the 3rd, maybe even the 5th round who could be a hell of a lot better than Hunter and Ducasse. Don't think they want to convert a G to tackle in the first round just because he's an upgrade over either of the two worst RT's in football.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

If DeCastro is actually available for 16th then go for it. why?

Slauson is a finesse G and Moore is entering into the final year on contract.

DeCastro wont play RT for sure. His athleticism is awful enough to play T spot. Slauson is better so he could swing to RT if DeCastro is ours.

In reality, Jets are very loyal to OL with solid work ethic so it wont happen.

Coples is more of a specific schematic player, not a natural position player in 3-4 defense. Pass.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think DeCastro is big enough to play RT, but he's highly rated as a G not a RT. If he was just a RT then I don't think his grade would be as high. Doesn't make sense to convert him. They could draft a guy in the 3rd, maybe even the 5th round who could be a hell of a lot better than Hunter and Ducasse. Don't think they want to convert a G to tackle in the first round just because he's an upgrade over either of the two worst RT's in football.

Good call, makes sense. Guys like Massie or Osemele would would be great value if they fell to the 3rd round, but a more realistic 3rd round OT could be Schwartz. I'll throw the remote through my flatscreen if I have to watch Hunter start another season.

As for the 1st pick, I was throwing out DeCastro and Coples to see what you guys thought. Neither sound like a fit. I'm personally keeping my fingers crossed for Floyd. Although his stop is skyrocketing at the moment. Read today that some scouts are calling him a more complete WR than Blackmon. He'll probably be out of the Jets reach. Ingram would be nice, only if we don't move up to get him. Still a fan of Barron, the safety situation is scary for the Jets. Who's going to cover Gronk? Don't trust that Landry will be healthy. I live near Washington, and there aren't many fans heartbroken that Landry left.

All in all, getting pumped for the draft !!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

Good call, makes sense. Guys like Massie or Osemele would be great value if they fell to the 3rd round, but a more realistic 3rd round OT could be Schwartz. I'll throw the remote through my flatscreen if I have to watch Hunter start another season.

As for the 1st pick, I was throwing out DeCastro and Coples to see what you guys thought. Neither sound like a fit. I'm personally keeping my fingers crossed for Floyd. Although his stock is skyrocketing at the moment. Read today that some scouts are calling him a more complete WR than Blackmon. He'll probably be out of the Jets reach. Ingram would be nice, only if we don't move up to get him. Still a fan of Barron, the safety situation is scary for the Jets. Who's going to cover Gronk? Don't trust that Landry will be healthy. I live near Washington, and there aren't many fans heartbroken that Landry left.

All in all, getting pumped for the draft !!!

Last edited by Old School : 04-17-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I'd be very happy with Massie, Osemele, or Schwartz somewhere on day 2. Not sure it'll happen since it looks like Ducasse may get every chance to start, but it'd be a good pick.

As for the first pick, it'll be interesting to see what the buzz is right before the draft. The Ingram stuff came out a little early, but there tend to be leaks so I wouldn't be surprised if they do move up to get him. Wouldn't be happy with it, but there's a good chance it happens. I just think there's bound to be somebody solid who slips to 16. Really the value for what the Jets need is in the late round 1/early round 2 range I think, so a trade down would be ideal. Trading 16 and 47 to the Browns for 22, 37, and a 4th would be an awesome move I think, as would any other trade down really. But I'd be shocked if that actually happened.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Please, someone assure me that the Jets are not going to take Upshaw with their pick! I keep seeing too many mocks that have Upshaw going to the Jets. With all the players that have positives and hype coming out around the area of the 16th pick, Upshaw is not one of them. Recent sources through SportsNews and ESPN have Upshaw dropping to the 20 to 40 range, "over concerns about his edge pass-rush ability" and "teams worry he can't cover". I feel like this would have bust written all over it! The Jets need an impact rookie, and can't miss on this one.