Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Good. Let them. I can't wait to slap Tannehill around. Trade the farm for him Philly.
I'm with you on that as referenced in my above post. I don't get them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love brockers. if he fell, that'd be fantastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm with you on that as referenced in my above post. I don't get them.
Honestly, I think it's a smokescreen. Fat Andy is close to Heckertt (sp?), and I'm sure Cleveland wants to create buzz that they're looking for a trade partner, so Fat Andy probably agreed to give the impression that they'd move into that spot with Cleveland and build up the value of that pick so Cleveland can move it for more pieces.

I wouldn't take it at face value just yet.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
For me it is Ballin. I don't get the Osi hate. So he wants more money, he deserves it. He would start on any other team in the NFL and the idea that he's the worst against the run is also false. We don't get to and win the 2 Super Bowls with out him. More than any other guy we lost he'll hurt the most. They need to re-sign him.
It's not all Osi hate. I feel like its best for both of us. He gets money in a restructure after the trade, we get a pick in compensation that would help us more than just one year. He would start on any other team just because of his first step, he hasn't been at all effective versus the run and he frequently overshoots the quarterback which gives soo much more time.

Come on, he really is bad versus the run, he cannot operate with a blocker on him, can't set the edge, and gets overpowered a lot. That was apparent throughout the past 3 years.

You are right about the superbowls. He was a beast and that was probably because he was brought in on obvious passing downs. He can get that elite first step and when we blitz along with that its deadly. That said is he going to be the same next year? probably. Is he going to be the same 2 or 3 years into the future in his 30's? probably not. That is why I want to cash in now so we can benefit later.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i love brockers. if he fell, that'd be fantastic
Agreed, I am very high on Brockers. He has a ton of potential and you know Reese has wanted an impact DT for a few years now. If I remember correctly, in the draft with McCoy and Suh, Reese said it would be incredible if we could get one of them and it would be a great addition to this DL if we had a DT of their caliber. Not saying Brockers is up there yet, but he has potential and with guys on our DL helping him, he could be a stud. The only question is, does he fall that far?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we aren't going to give Marvin Austin a fair chance? Sure If Brockers falls to our pick why not, but to trade up and get him isn't worth it.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been against getting a DT early because I wanna give Austin a chance...but if Brockers falls...man that'd be a stud pick. A rotation of him, Canty, Joseph and Austin? perfect
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I look at it like this: I expect Brockers to be a stud run defender and an immovable object in the middle. Like Joseph but better, and with more upside. If he adds any pass rush on top of that, then great. But can you imagine how strong our dline would be with Tuck and JPP on the edges, and Joseph and Brockers in the middle? My God, no OL in the league would gain a yard on the ground against us, and we'd just bulldoze them on the way to the qb.

I want to give Austin a chance, but I just can't sell myself on him. I did not like him coming out, and I just don't know if he's going to be a good player. I hope he does, but I can't convince myself of it.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give Austin a chance, but after missing 2 years of football I'm not too confident in him and this is Canty's contract year. So if Brockers falls, we pounce. Fletcher Cox would be pure sex though, sadly never gonna happen.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants restructure linebacker Keith Rivers' contract to a one-year deal

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...inebacker.html
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also re-signed Bear to a 1 year deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

power. moves.
Quote:
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Jerry Reese takin over tha game doe! Repeat is a lock with all these power moves.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If JJ develops, and that's a big IF in our system, I want to see a lot more 4 wide sets with:

X - Nicks
z -Hixon
F - Cruz
H- JJ

If Bennett turns out to be a good player and can use his athletic ability to do good things expect to see some formations from the Shockey era, where we used a lot of Y -Trips, 3 X 1 formations. We used it last season but with Beckum.

If JJ's development can take that step, our 4 wide formations have a potential to be flat out deadly with the choice and option routes associated with them.

Some passing concepts I'd like to see is mesh. I want to see Cruz and JJ running mesh. We ran that concept when bear scored during the SF playoff game. It's one of my favorite concepts in ALL levels of footballs. You can even use it playing flag football and in the backyard.

But I was thinking of the possibilities while looking at my football binder and I have to say I am excited about our potential thus far. Now we need to get that potential to translate to production is the key step.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't just throw 3 OLBs on the field and expect it to work. That's not how LB works. The assignments are different, the type of blocks to shed are different, there's a lot more that goes into it.

Boley can't just slide into MIKE. These aren't checker pieces that you just move around on a board. He has absolutely no MIKE qualities. We'll get eaten alive in the run game if we throw 3 OLBs out there in our base 4-3.

The guys who made the transition from OLB to MIKE are guys who had MIKE ability. Beason, Ryans, these guys had the feet and instincts to play the position, and the explosion and core strength to handle the transition.

Boley is a run and chase guy. He can't play MIKE. Sure on a pass play, he can, but that's only half the battle.

Remember they tried moving Bulluck to MIKE? How did that turn out? It didn't even last throughout PS. It doesn't work. You can't just move OLBs to MIKE.
I don't know how the LBs will play out, and I suspect the front office isn't sure until after the draft.

But Reese has mentioned Boley as an option at MLB.
Boley in the middle wouldn't be that unlike Fewell moving Poslunzy inside at Buffalo.
If it did happen it would mean we need big guys inside to limit blockers on Boley. We have Canty and Joseph, but Reese has hinted his concern about Austin, yet we haven't signed a cheap vet (like Bernard). In fact it seems we have addressed almost every other of our major depth needs this week.
I am starting to expect a DT quite early.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
If JJ develops, and that's a big IF in our system, I want to see a lot more 4 wide sets with:

X - Nicks
z -Hixon
F - Cruz
H- JJ

If Bennett turns out to be a good player and can use his athletic ability to do good things expect to see some formations from the Shockey era, where we used a lot of Y -Trips, 3 X 1 formations. We used it last season but with Beckum.

If JJ's development can take that step, our 4 wide formations have a potential to be flat out deadly with the choice and option routes associated with them.

Some passing concepts I'd like to see is mesh. I want to see Cruz and JJ running mesh. We ran that concept when bear scored during the SF playoff game. It's one of my favorite concepts in ALL levels of footballs. You can even use it playing flag football and in the backyard.

But I was thinking of the possibilities while looking at my football binder and I have to say I am excited about our potential thus far. Now we need to get that potential to translate to production is the key step.
I hate 4 WR sets. You can't run out of it. Plus I fear leaving our OL to fend for themselves against a spread out dline when we go 4 wide.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate 4 WR sets. You can't run out of it. Plus I fear leaving our OL to fend for themselves against a spread out dline when we go 4 wide.
Yes you can. WARE ON THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yes you can. WARE ON THE DRAW!!!!!!!!!!
Hell yes! 2 ypc ftw.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell yes! 2 ypc ftw.
That's all you need for a 2 point conversion.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That's all you need for a 2 point conversion.
Touche.

Sounds like Ware needs a contract extension.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Schedule release is tonight. Going to be anoter crazy with tons of good games. Looking forward to the Giants/Ravens matchup in particular.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's basically a ghost town in terms of football news until draft day at this point.

Nothing new or exciting to talk about with the Giants. Can you imagine how boring it's going to get after the draft?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
It's basically a ghost town in terms of football news until draft day at this point.

Nothing new or exciting to talk about with the Giants. Can you imagine how boring it's going to get after the draft?
Baseball fills that gap for me. I know you really don't like it though.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Baseball fills that gap for me. I know you really don't like it though.
Yeah I tried getting into it but I can't. Basketball fills the gap until the end of June for me. But there's nothing like football. Sundays during football season is basically football day, I love it so much. I shut down and do nothing productive on Sundays during football season.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I have baseball that keeps me busy also. After the draft we'll have a good week or two of discussion but then it'll probably be nothing until camps open.

sig by BoneKrusher