Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-17-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah I tried getting into it but I can't. Basketball fills the gap until the end of June for me. But there's nothing like football. Sundays during football season is basically football day, I love it so much. I shut down and do nothing productive on Sundays during football season.
I hear you, but I also like having a full day of the week back when the season ends too.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I hear you, but I also like having a full day of the week back when the season ends too.
That's true too. Which is great that it coincides with the summer when you typically make vacation plans or want to go out etc.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or did Goff play better than I remember him playing:

I hope Boley or Rivers can take his place, but I am not sure they are as physical and downhill-crazy like Goff was in this video
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Is it just me, or did Goff play better than I remember him playing:

I hope Boley or Rivers can take his place, but I am not sure they are as physical and downhill-crazy like Goff was in this video
75% of those plays were due to our beast D-Line play though.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goff was never a bad player. Always great vs the run and smart. Average in the pass game. Like a poor man's Curtis Lofton. I thought he was going to break out this year, he worked on his hips and improved his flexibility and looked really smooth in coverage in the preseason. Also a contract year, it just felt like a break out year for him, but then he tore his ACL.

I wish him the best, but I rather keep Chase to be honest bc he's more vocal than Goff and underrated in his own right.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well here it is. Somehow it's more brutal than last year.

Week 1 - vs. Dallas Cowboys (Wed, Sept. 5)

Week 2 - vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 3 - at Carolina Panthers (Thursday)

Week 4 - at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 5 - vs. Cleveland Browns

Week 6 - at San Francisco 49ers

Week 7 - vs. Washington Redskins

Week 8 - at Dallas Cowboys

Week 9 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Week 10 - at Cincinnati Bengals

Week 11 - BYE (Nov. 18)

Week 12 - vs. Green Bay Packers

Week 13 - at Washington Redskins

Week 14 - vs. New Orleans Saints

Week 15 - at Atlanta Falcons

Week 16 - at Baltimore Ravens

Week 17 - vs. Philadelphia Eagles

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate 4 WR sets. You can't run out of it. Plus I fear leaving our OL to fend for themselves against a spread out dline when we go 4 wide.
Pshhht.. One word.. Very powerful. Ready? DRAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But let them.. We have a RB in tow to block, and we can always have Eli hand signal the Wrs if he sees a quick pass opportunity.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'80 it's because have the hardest schedule in the NFL. LOL. Meanwhile, GB and NE have the easiest!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it sucks but when we repeat it's going to make it feel even better!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only 1 Monday night game which is the @Redskins. We have @Eagles and vs. Packers as Sunday night games.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

And opening of the season, where we are on national tv. We have a thurs. night game too I think.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes we do. Week 3 is Thursday @Carolina.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

That should be a fun game! Let's knock Cameron around.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The media is already predicting we don't make the playoffs bc of our schedule and bc of the Eagles and Cowboys. Hopefully the team uses that as motivation.

I'm not saying we repeat as champions bc that's practically impossible in today's league, but I do expect us to make it to the playoffs.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The media is already predicting we don't make the playoffs bc of our schedule and bc of the Eagles and Cowboys. Hopefully the team uses that as motivation.

I'm not saying we repeat as champions bc that's practically impossible in today's league, but I do expect us to make it to the playoffs.
The schedule is tough. But didn't we have the hardest schedule last year too? Basically it's the same schedule. The main difference in my mind is The Steelers/Ravens instead of the Pats/Jets.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The schedule is tough but it sets up well. We're just going to have to win the games against the teams we're clearly better than.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The schedule is tough but it sets up well. We're just going to have to win the games against the teams we're clearly better than.
Which won't happen. But we'll make up for it my a crazy win or two against the big boys of the league. That's the way it always happen. Some idiot radio host was playing the Win Loss game with the schedule today and I wanted to call and scream at him for wasting my time.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think strong schedules also sets you up to be more battle tested come playoff time. To be a SB champion, you have to learn how to win close games during the season, you need a little bit of luck, and you have to be battle tested during the season.

The schedule will definitely test our team's mental toughness. We'll see how it shapes up. The key is winning the division games. Gotta go at least 4-2 in the division to have a chance of winning it.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We can win the division at 3-3 like we did last year. And since we are a big boy team let's not forget everyone has us circled as it's a tough game. As always we need to stay as healthy as possible.

The Saints away from the dome don't scare me as much and who knows where they'll be mentally by then if they start off slow because of the suspensions. I think the Bengals might also take a stepb ack and our D-Line should scare Dalton. We can do 10-6 here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Yeah, our schedule is down right unfair. I am not sure why this cowboys love comes up year after year. How many times have they reached the play offs in like the last 15 years? Twice? But I hope our team uses this and sticks to what we do best and let's see what happens!

Fewell and injuries are a key factor! He NEEDS to get his head out of his butt!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm the only one not so worried about the schedule. Bengals are the scariestteam inthe AFC North so it's a good time play the Steelers and Ravens. We have to do well against our division but the NFC South is very iffy. Saints awayfrom the dome aren't so great, the Falcons are the Falcons, the Bucs are very young and were really undisciplined last year and the Panthers will beat us cause they're not very good outside of Cam Cam and their RBs. It's tough but it's absolutely manageable.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

For me it comes down to Fewell and injuries at a specific position. When we get that bug it kills 1 or 2 positions. For once, if we can stay healthy and Fewell doesn't stink, I would feel better!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think the Bengals are the toughest. They are the team that comes out of no where to make the playoffs and then take a step or two back the next year. They're set for the future but they are not as tough as the Ravens on the road.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

It's going to be a dogfight either way. We need to play well. Every year I say this, but we have games where we don't show up and lose. This has happened for a while now. Seattle we lost to last season, and now, this season which team will we lose to, that is weaker than us? It's going to happen.. It always happens with us!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well the only teams clearly weaker than us out of division this year are the Bucs, Browns, and Panthers. Choose one.

sig by BoneKrusher