Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
We are swapping trash this off season
Speaking of recycled trash, Carson Palmer in Oakland takes offense to that remark.

Happy to be reunited with his old position coach....oh wait
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure of the "no tread on his tires" line for Felix. He was too skinny and frail and got hurt early. Then he bounced back and gained too much weight last year and was slow.

He's admitted he went overboard on both and he is now in the best physical condition he can be (muscle wise) and weighs less than last year. He said he's back to being explosive.

If we ask him to carry the load it's a bad idea because he isn't that type of back. HORRIBLE decision to draft a scat-back / COP back in the 1st but you don't grade players by their draft choice 4 years later.

Provided he's back to being explosive he'll be a weapon again this year but keeping him at <15 touches / game is important so he doesn't wear down. The important thing to realize is ALL of the running backs we are scouting are much more in the "Murray-mold" and less so in the COP/scat role.

The idea of trading him was Watkin's gimme play for clicks. It was never discussed according to anyone you ask in the organization. Hell even Jerry said it wouldn't be considered and he's horrible at showing his hand early.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He still has tread on his tires though right? What's the deal with him?
The tread is there but the wheels have loose bolts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
So he basically is like Marion Barber when he lost the tread on his tires. Damn, it's not like you guys are running team. How are all these RBs losing their tread so fast?
What are you talking about? He hasn't lost any "tread" he just isn't that good.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
What are you talking about? He hasn't lost any "tread" he just isn't that good.
hhahahahahahahha. made me laugh. :)
Old 04-13-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Old news, but here's the pic of Tony's new family addition.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
No thanks. Until we can see Murray get through a year healthy, I don't want to get rid of Felix.
I wouldn't want to get rid of him because he's a good player. His problem is injuries, but when you look at him being healthy he's played well. Of course I'm sure people will make much ado about him not being as good early last year, but you can't ignore how good he looked when Murray went down. He's a good player to have returning kicks and getting about 5-8 carries a game. I'd just draft a guy as insurance to his injury prone nature than to outright get rid of him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was on the band wagon for drafting Felix Jones when they did. I do agree that I was probably wrong to want a second running back in the first round, but there is another side of that story that hasn't been brought up.

Felix was drafted by a team that was supposed to be a super bowl contender on paper. Back then, he was supposed to be the missing piece. The excitement in the back field to Marion Barber's grinder-type style. We needed that at the time to keep other teams on their toes.

I already said I was probably wrong with hindsight, but at the time they were trying to maximize a roster that was on the cusp.

As a side note, I think Felix is a really good player, and I would not want to get rid of him. But it probably was too high to draft him. However, when you remember where the team was (or thought they were back then), it wasn't a horrible pick at all. I am not defending Jerry, just trying to say that one draft was by no means any where near the worst draft this team has had.

Felix i okay. I don't have an upset stomach over him being here at all. I can think of a lot of players I would rather get rid of before shipping him off.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Felix Jones highlights from Arkansas compared to him now makes me so frustrated. It's not his fault though, curse of pick 22. I remember I wanted Mike Jenkins so bad but didn't because of the curse of pick 22... then we traded back into the first round to get him at 25. That made up for the Felix selection over Mendenhall at least.

I am hoping we trade Felix, but if we don't I hope he has a good season this year. We obviously aren't going to extend him so I hope he has a nice end to his career as a Cowboy. He is a cool dude and probably gets too much hate from Cowboys fans. It's weird to think that he is still only 25.

Again though, he will probably just get hurt in week 4 because of the curse of pick 22.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watching Felix Jones highlights from Arkansas compared to him now makes me so frustrated. It's not his fault though, curse of pick 22. I remember I wanted Mike Jenkins so bad but didn't because of the curse of pick 22... then we traded back into the first round to get him at 25. That made up for the Felix selection over Mendenhall at least.

I am hoping we trade Felix, but if we don't I hope he has a good season this year. We obviously aren't going to extend him so I hope he has a nice end to his career as a Cowboy. He is a cool dude and probably gets too much hate from Cowboys fans. It's weird to think that he is still only 25.

Again though, he will probably just get hurt in week 4 because of the curse of pick 22.
He was overweight and got way too big for the type of back he is. Judging the comments he's made since the season ended he's back to being quick and shifty and feels 100% better.

I hated the selection when we made it however provided he's back to being quick and shifty and we don't ask him to carry the load he's an excellent COP back and a mismatch as a receiver. Team has already gone out and attacked the rumors of him being traded and said he's an integral part of the team.

Provided he doesn't look for starter money (he shouldn't) I imagine he'll be resigned. He fits Garrett's RB mold (can run, block, and catch). Such a waste of a 1st round pick though.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He was overweight and got way too big for the type of back he is. Judging the comments he's made since the season ended he's back to being quick and shifty and feels 100% better.

I hated the selection when we made it however provided he's back to being quick and shifty and we don't ask him to carry the load he's an excellent COP back and a mismatch as a receiver. Team has already gone out and attacked the rumors of him being traded and said he's an integral part of the team.

Provided he doesn't look for starter money (he shouldn't) I imagine he'll be resigned. He fits Garrett's RB mold (can run, block, and catch). Such a waste of a 1st round pick though.
I knew we were going to take him, but really hoped it was Mendenhall. I think if used properly he will excel in our offense. We need to get him out on screens and swing passes more. He has pretty good hands and can be utilized more in that capacity.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Romo and his family. Cute picture!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...itches-agents/

As expected, Spencer not participating in off-season workouts and changing agents. Does he think he deserves a long term deal?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...itches-agents/

As expected, Spencer not participating in off-season workouts and changing agents. Does he think he deserves a long term deal?
He deserves a long term deal. Just not an over-priced one.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather sign him to a (reasonable) long-term deal and have one less hole to fill in 2013 than our current plan of paying him $9M for one season and potentially having to find a LOLB next off-season.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

It really sucks that our defense in such bad shape that we pretty much need to go there with the 14th pick. DeCastro is so good. Yes, I am back on my man crush. One player we are sure we would be getting a quality starter. Isn't that whats suppose to happen in the top 15?
Old 04-16-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm proud to say i was on the Felix Jones hate train, and wanted either Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson there instead. When you have to talk yourself into liking a player, bad things happen. Everyone discussed how he'd be a huge injury risk, and he's done nothing to prove that wrong.

Also, i love how Candice Crawford still looks freakin gorgeous after giving birth.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

The emergence of Lissemore makes me comfortable enough to take DeCastro at 14 to be honest. Personally if I'm sitting there with the 14th pick and I can't have DeCastro, Cox, Poe, or Ingram (in that order) I'd be hammering on the phones to trade down.

Spencer definitely has earned a long-term deal it's just a matter of hashing out that he's a SOLB commanding a "good deal" and not an elite OLB commanding top dollar.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

The emergence of Lissemore makes me comfortable enough to take DeCastro at 14 to be honest. Personally if I'm sitting there with the 14th pick and I can't have DeCastro, Cox, Poe, or Ingram (in that order) I'd be hammering on the phones to trade down.

Spencer definitely has earned a long-term deal it's just a matter of hashing out that he's a SOLB commanding a "good deal" and not an elite OLB commanding top dollar.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm proud to say i was on the Felix Jones hate train, and wanted either Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson there instead. When you have to talk yourself into liking a player, bad things happen. Everyone discussed how he'd be a huge injury risk, and he's done nothing to prove that wrong.

Also, i love how Candice Crawford still looks freakin gorgeous after giving birth.
Yeah, pretty sure MOTH was one of the sole lovers of that Felix pick. Redemption came with Jenkins, but myself I remember wanting Mike Jenkins and Devin Thomas in the 1st and Charles in the 2nd. I would've struck out with Thomas. Fell into the trap of listening to the "scouts" when they knocked Desean Jackson's size... all throughout the season I loved him. Even talking about him as a Top 5 pick out of our range along with Dorsey at one time. lol. But between the Felix, Mendenhall, Chris Johnson talk... I was a CJ fan. I wanted the "Dread Heads" with him and MB3 rockin' it. Sigh... what could've been.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This bothers me

Quote:
Cowboys WR Miles Austin says he 'wasn't prepared' for last year

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin could have attributed last season’s decline in catches and yards to a lingering hamstring injury that kept him out of six games.

But the two-time Pro Bowl selection said a lack of physical preparation was the biggest difference between last year and his previous two campaigns.

”I feel like last year I wasn’t prepared for the season the way I should’ve been condition-wise, even though I looked and felt it at the time,” Austin told MensHealth.com via The Dallas Morning News. “That’s one thing that I have to keep an eye on. To make sure I’m in the best physical shape I can be.”

Austin had 43 catches for 579 yards and seven touchdowns in 2011 after eclipsing the 1,000-yard mark in each of the past two seasons. The six-year veteran assured that last year’s injuries were not hampering him.

"It feels good. It feels good," Austin said of his hamstring. "(It’s) not an issue."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-for-last-year
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh... doesn't bother me that much, I actually like that he is telling the truth. He was a part of Romo's scrimmages and such, but there is no replacement for a team organized work out. Im not a fan of the league cutting back on OTA's and the amount of padded practices the teams have... I think it is all needed to get players into game shape.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Miles will be back to his beast like ways this year.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

It bothers me in the sense that if we had Miles 100% all season we make the playoffs (we clearly beat arizona with Miles, let alone any of the other games), but i'm not mad at Miles for actually getting hurt and even with him we weren't going to win the super bowl anyway. These guys are human. Football is taxing on the body. Yes I know they are making millions, but a bunch of guys relaxed during the off-season.

It's water under the bridge now, if anything hopefully it's a good thing because he will take even better care of his body from now on.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It bothers me in the sense that if we had Miles 100% all season we make the playoffs (we clearly beat arizona with Miles, let alone any of the other games), but i'm not mad at Miles for actually getting hurt and even with him we weren't going to win the super bowl anyway. These guys are human. Football is taxing on the body. Yes I know they are making millions, but a bunch of guys relaxed during the off-season.

It's water under the bridge now, if anything hopefully it's a good thing because he will take even better care of his body from now on.
Miles is in the Felix Jones category (although a better player) of being too fragile. You can't count on him for 16 games, which is why I think we need to consider a WR on day 2 if one drops worth having.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote