Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Walking Dead isn't THAT bad, yeesh. Rick and the redneck dude are still redeemable characters, and there are pretty damn emotional moments on the show. It's not great by any stretch, but it's passable and nowhere near as bad as the dreck CBS puts out, or half the shows on Fox.
It is that bad. There is little to no character development, two of the worst characters I've ever seen are on it and featured, and the writers couldn't find the plot if it bit them on the dick.

I'm not some elitist that expects every show to be Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but come on. It would be hard to make a show worse than this garbage.

Rick looks like he's starting to become an actual man, and Darryl is hardcore as a ************, but outside of those two and Glen the rest of the cast is flat out ********. None of these ***** would last a single day in a real zombie apocalypse.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if you want to count character development, Rick went about the end of last season in the worst possible way which ruined any redeemable qualities about him, and Glen was awesome in season one before becoming ***** whipped ***** in season two. Oh do I love you or dont I love you I dont know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It is that bad. There is little to no character development, two of the worst characters I've ever seen are on it and featured, and the writers couldn't find a plot device if it bit them on the dick.

I'm not some elitist that expects every show to be Breaking Bad or Mad Men, but come on. It would be hard to make a show worse than this garbage.

Rick looks like he's starting to become an actual man, and Darryl is hardcore as a ************, but outside of those two and Glen the rest of the cast is flat out ********. None of these ***** would last a single day in a real zombie apocalypse.
The point is that they all survived because of Shane and now Rick, not because they are good at surviving on their own. They lucked out by having people who can actually do **** around them. I do like making fun of it, but I watched Heroes from seasons 2-4, and that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse than Walking Dead.

Also, ******* watch Supernatural, Jesus ******* Christ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And if you want to count character development, Rick went about the end of last season in the worst possible way which ruined any redeemable qualities about him, and Glen was awesome in season one before becoming ***** whipped ***** in season two. Oh do I love you or dont I love you I dont know!!!
Eh, Rick's fixing himself now. And as long as Lori and Carol die while someone eventually puts a cap on Carl, the show will be fine. Although T-Dog should be dead, but apparently no one will kill him off.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sat through Heros as well, and no it was not way worse. Heros at one point was a good show. Never was TWD a good show. And heros had some pretty awesome ******* characters on it. Rick is not a fine character, he is one of the most unsympathetic protagonists I have ever seen, the logic he uses every episode is just hilariously flawed and contradictory. PLus at the end of season two, instead of just saying "Oh Shane tried to kill me" he was like I am the leader of this group and I killed shane, making him even more useless and stupid.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The point is that they all survived because of Shane and now Rick, not because they are good at surviving on their own. They lucked out by having people who can actually do **** around them. I do like making fun of it, but I watched Heroes from seasons 2-4, and that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse than Walking Dead.

Also, ******* watch Supernatural, Jesus ******* Christ.
Supernatural is next after I catch up on Mad Men. I'm on s4e8 so I'm almost all the way caught up.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I'm not drinking, I had a shot and a beer." -Tim Riggins.

Best character on this show.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

No, NOBODY on Heroes was sympathetic past season 1. Every character was beyond past their due date and evolution, and they had far more episodes to prove that point than Walking Dead. Your hate for TWD is insanely irrational.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
No, NOBODY on Heroes was sympathetic past season 1. Every character was beyond past their due date and evolution, and they had far more episodes to prove that point than Walking Dead. Your hate for TWD is insanely irrational.
It isn't irrational, I have backed all my posts up with valid points and arguments' I'm not just sitting here stomping my feet and claiming it to be the worst. i could spend days upon days with this. The fact of the matter is, season one of heros had plenty of likeable characters, and a decent storyline. The writing strike happening during season two was the worst thing that happened on that show and I blame it's downfall primarily on that. TWD had a pretty bad first season, got new writers who had time to fix **** and it made it much worse. Sylar is better than every good character combined on TWD, I don't see how that is up for debate. There aren't any real good characters on TWD, maybe mediocre, to ok characters but not a single genuinely "good" and likeable character. As someone who watches the amount of television you do, and far more than I, I should expect you to hold higher standards than passable characters. I am not disagreeing with you that heros spiraled out of control in one of the worst down falls I have seen, but at least it was a down fall from something that was good at one point.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Stop spelling it heros, it's Heroes. At least characterization is pretty consistent with TWD for the most part, Sylar became an absolute abortion of a character because he switched between bad and good 800 times without a real reason and they forgot that he had half the powers he did. Plus, they copped out by refusing to show any decent action scene and that begin with the season 1 finale.

Walking Dead at least had an awesome pilot, and an awesome mid season finale in season 2. The characters are weak, but at least the show isn't run by an incompetent jackass that refuses to kill off anyone involved in the show. Season 1 of Heroes had Bryan Fuller, and the second he left, the show lost its way. Walking Dead has pretty solid direction, impressive cinematography, and some OKAY acting for the most part even though three characters are dreadful. The fact that Walking Dead is trying to grow and adapt makes it better than Heroes by default. Walking Dead is a flawed show with bad characters, but it has a decent amount of moments where it manages to get outside of that and do what it is trying to accomplish. I expect that to happen more in season 3, actually.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-18-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say that Heroes season 1 is about 100 times better than anything The Walking Dead has done save maybe the pilot. Also Season 2 of Heroes at least had Kristen Bell. Kind of a poorly written character but I enjoyed her on the show. I also think while TWD has consistent characterization that is not a plus because it is consistently ********.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Kristen Bell on Heroes was kind of a turn on, not gunna lie.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Kristen Bell on Heroes was kind of a turn on, not gunna lie.
This.

Also I'm starting to like Brody.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

See I actually enjoyed S1e2 better than the pilot, the pilot seemed like a blatant rip off of 28 days later (which granted is the from the comic so I don't knock the show alot for that). The mid season finale that you call awesome was just more of the same for me, oh sophia is in the barn the whole time? Wow lets just ignore all reality for a second to believe that is what happened. And maybe heroes became a joke with the way its characters changed, but at least they didn't focus an entire half season looking for a character that no one cared about to begin with because for some reason the writers thought that anyone in their sane mind would leave a little girl in the woods by herself with zombies everywhere. Or the fact that everyone on that show became psychic and just all of a sudden knew Shane killed Otis to get away from the zombie horde, because God knows the writers needed an easy way out to bring that drama into the show (It seriously should just be called the talking dead with the amount of unnecessary drama the writers try squeezing in at every turn).

I know Heroes had terrible plot holes, I sat through them all with my roommate but it was a damn good show with damn good characters at one point. And maybe thats why you view it as a shittier show, but TWD never even started with what Heroes had in season one. Regardless both shows squandered their potential, and I don't see how Rick going all adolf hitler on the group about who is in charge, or a sword wielding zombie chick is going to fix the problems of terrible writing, terrible characters, and massive plot holes. But hey we'll find out in season 3 wont we because I'll be here to ***** about it if it doesn't end up improving.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 04-18-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also thought Season 2 was awful throughout. Lame shock moments, boring twists, awful writing, terrible acting, just really ******. I honestly think The Killing is better (though I have yet to watch any of season 2).
Old 04-18-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I haven't watched any of season 2 killing either, but I will say if the show had just ended this case at the end of season 1 without that lame plot twist, I think people would have been more receptive to sticking around for a second season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously. It's not as if the Larsens are interesting characters that need to be kept on to further the plot like the Palmers on Twin Peaks. Any scene featuring their family was the worst scene of the episode.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I haven't watched any of season 2 killing either, but I will say if the show had just ended this case at the end of season 1 without that lame plot twist, I think people would have been more receptive to sticking around for a second season.
I though they would move on to a new case this year. Would have been great. I actually liked the show somewhat until they pulled that ****. I do not give a **** who killed Rosie Larson anymore and I am not sure I will ever watch an episode of that show. All that said TWD is more entertainingly awful than The Killing. I don't think the writers are talented enough to make TWD a truly great show but I just wish they would embrace the very B movie elements of the show and just make it a balls to the wall schlop fest.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Seriously. It's not as if the Larsens are interesting characters that need to be kept on to further the plot like the Palmers on Twin Peaks. Any scene featuring their family was the worst scene of the episode.
I got that the mother was grieving but **** was everything about that family awful. Just a really bad decision on the part of the creator and writers that likely killed any chance the show had at being good or for the matter renewed for a third season.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've come to the conclusion that AMC just genuinely hates families.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that AMC just genuinely hates families.
Mad Men and Breaking Bad have some of the most real family interactions I have ever seen (I did not grow up in the 60's but I imagine Mad Men captures the time period perfectly). It is actually funny how awful TWD and The Killing are when compared to Breaking Bad and Mad Men. As much as I will hate to see those two end I am incredibly excited to see what Gilligan and Weiner do next.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Mad Men and Breaking Bad have some of the most real family interactions I have ever seen (I did not grow up in the 60's but I imagine Mad Men captures the time period perfectly). It is actually funny how awful TWD and The Killing are when compared to Breaking Bad and Mad Men. As much as I will hate to see those two end I am incredibly excited to see what Gilligan and Weiner do next.
This is true, I just meant that the characters I dislike most in both BB and MM are coincidentally both family members. I assume it's that way for most everyone.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I've taken taco shits with better writing than any single episode of The Killing. It's just so ******* bad. For a show that asked "Who killed Rosie Larsen?" the writing staff did a ******* FANTASTIC JOB of making NO ONE CARE ABOUT IT. So instead of finishing that awful case last year, they decided to have one last amazingly bad red herring and drag that garbage into this season.

God, just thinking about it is pissing me off. I hope Mitch dies a horrible death and Stan kills himself and then the rest of the cast except Holder dies. Every single one of them.

**** The Killing.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Holder was so awesome though. Then the stupid ******* twist happened.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

But now he's not vegan anymore, so that's good (I caught a glimpse before Mad Men).

Compliments of TACKLE