Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well the only teams clearly weaker than us out of division this year are the Bucs, Browns, and Panthers. Choose one.
We should win against Bucs and Browns without even showing up 100%. I'm going to say Panthers. Thursday night game, like the one against the Broncos a couple of seasons back on thanksgiving, the one where Osi got benched for the first time. That was a horrible game.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm.. Browns beat us before once on national tv.. Bucs, I think we can still beat. So Panthers.. I'd go Panthers if i were to pick 1 of the 3 to beat us.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The schedule itself is misleading in the sense that there's so much parity in the NFL, you don't really know who's going to suck and who's going to be good on any given year.

There's like 4 to 5 teams every year that's consistent. The rest of the league runs hot and cold, and who knows if these perceived hard teams are actually difficult teams come game time. You just don't know. There's too much parity to truly know right now.

If I told you this time last year that the Eagles would be 8-8 I bet nobody would believe me. You just don't know who's going to be good right now.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The schedule itself is misleading in the sense that there's so much parity in the NFL, you don't really know who's going to suck and who's going to be good on any given year.

There's like 4 to 5 teams every year that's consistent. The rest of the league runs hot and cold, and who knows if these perceived hard teams are actually difficult teams come game time. You just don't know. There's too much parity to truly know right now.

If I told you this time last year that the Eagles would be 8-8 I bet nobody would believe me. You just don't know who's going to be good right now.

This is exactly how I feel, with one small exception. I tend to count how many games a season we have against QBs I would rank above, even with or slightly behind our own, and that's the number of losses I ultimately expect us to have, plus or minus one.

This is not an exact science at all, and I'm not saying that the games against the other QBs in Eli's class, are the ones we lose. But this method gives me a perception of the strength of the teams we're facing any given season. It's become such a QB driven league, that it's almost a "league within the league" at that position.

So if I look at this years schedule with my "method", We should go anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5. The QBs I rank above, even with or slightly behind Eli on this years schedule are Big Ben, Romo x2, Rodgers, Brees and Cam Newton(projected for 2012)

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know, I'm actually REALLY pumped to see what Da'Rel Scott can do. A year of coaching and learning, getting a full offseason. I think he can be a factor for us this year, I really do. The coaching staff seems high on him and MG tweeted he's bigger, stronger and confident this year. We do have some potentially exciting young guys

and we have Chase. I lovee Chase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you know, I'm actually REALLY pumped to see what Da'Rel Scott can do. A year of coaching and learning, getting a full offseason. I think he can be a factor for us this year, I really do. The coaching staff seems high on him and MG tweeted he's bigger, stronger and confident this year. We do have some potentially exciting young guys

and we have Chase. I lovee Chase
This. you never know who will step up during the season, which is why i love JR's draft philosophy of taking the absolutely best player on his board when they pick.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garafolo just put up the article about Scott. It's sort of why I'm against drafting a RB early because I still think he, Bradshaw, and Ware will be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a team that wants balance, I don't think we are fine. Scott is raw, and bradshaw and Ware are injury prone. At least Bradshaw has played with 2 messed up feet, while Ware is Mr. Concussion. So if he gets hit on the head he is sidelined. So I don't think we are fine at RB. Not if we want balance. If we do what Lions and Stafford, and NO and Brees do and throw 67% of the time, meaning Eli throwing 663 or 657 times this year, then we are fine. But that's not our system. So we need backs that can be productive.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only remember Ware having that 1 concussion but I could be wrong. Scott is unproven but the coaches will know if he's ready or not. Every player you have will not have experience.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a 4th back because of injuries, preferably a big power guy. That being said, I want one later and I want Scott to see some carries. If he's stronger and kept that speed...then watch out!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't say don't draft a RB at all. I said just don't take one that early. I think that would be one position I'd be mad at if we went that way in the 1st. It seems that we do like Martin out of Boise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with a 3rd round RB. I think the peak value for RBs will be in round 3.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm fine with a 3rd round RB. I think the peak value for RBs will be in round 3.
If you guys land Robert Turbin I will probably throw something at my TV. My sleeper in this draft is Lennon Creer out of Louisiana Tech. Gets north and south with power but has enough speed to get to the edge and break a long one from time to time. I find that those running backs always turn out to be the best in the NFL. These scat backs (Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, etc.) never end up working out. I don't care if the guy runs a 4.6, just give me a guy who can get 5 yards going north and can run a guy over if need be. If he has some wiggle thats nice, but it isn't a necessity. I never understood the point of having a "speed" back. You need to be able to get through the line of scrimmage to use that speed. Give me the all around, doug martin type any day over some guy who runs a 4.3.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Ryan Moats.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
If you guys land Robert Turbin I will probably throw something at my TV. My sleeper in this draft is Lennon Creer out of Louisiana Tech. Gets north and south with power but has enough speed to get to the edge and break a long one from time to time. I find that those running backs always turn out to be the best in the NFL. These scat backs (Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, etc.) never end up working out. I don't care if the guy runs a 4.6, just give me a guy who can get 5 yards going north and can run a guy over if need be. If he has some wiggle thats nice, but it isn't a necessity. I never understood the point of having a "speed" back. You need to be able to get through the line of scrimmage to use that speed. Give me the all around, doug martin type any day over some guy who runs a 4.3.
Turbin is the guy I'm eying. If we can grab him I'll be estatic. I think Turbin is starting to become a little overrated on this forum, but he's still the guy I want. But there will be other RBs with great value available in the 3rd as well. I prefer Turbin bc he can be Jacob's replacement, but I wouldn't mind some other guys as well.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Even though I hate temple, i like pierce if he's there in the 3rd
Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Even though I hate temple, i like pierce if he's there in the 3rd
No thanks. He's already been hurt way to much for a RB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a highlight tape of Creer, give it a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaRJqAB9HQ

He's 5'11 3/8'' 220 pounds. Ran a 4.7 at the combine but I really don't care and he plays a lot faster. He's kind of the same as what the Giants already (bigger bradshaw, better Ware but similar style) have so it wouldn't be the greatest fit, but he's just a good running back. I'd love him on the Cowboys to back up Murray.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-19-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

we signed DeOssie to a 3 year extension.

Power. *******. Moves
Quote:
Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't trust Ware and Scott to carry the team if Bradshaw goes down. That is why I want Turbin so bad, Turbin as our power back with Scott as our speed and Bradshaw as our do it all every down guy would be sex

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hate DeOssie. That douche.

Thanks for the long snapping.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I hate DeOssie. That douche.

Thanks for the long snapping.
Deossie is a great special teams player. Not many long snappers consistenly get down the field to make tackles like he does.

Also, Trey Junkin.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I don't mean to troll, but I had no idea DeOssie was 6'4'' 250 and runs a sub 4.6. Those are pro-bowl type athlete numbers. Why doesn't he get snaps on defense?
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He just couldn't cut it as a LB. They moved him to LS pretty quick. I loved the pick at the time and thought it could have worked out real well but at least he still has great value.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's a pretty stiff athlete to play defense and his instincts just aren't great without all of the space of special teams to build momentum. ****** Jay Alford ******* over his knee, how sweet would it be to have a LS who was also a good rotational player?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote