Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I personally think all rap sucks so that Meme is ********... Not to mention I don't know who half of them are.
For the most part I agree. When ******* Mac goddamn Miller is one of the biggest names in your industry, your industry sucks balls. There are some quality rappers out there though still, though. Its still lacking something (that something is it being music) most times, but I can listen to some rap as a change-up. The rap I like most usually tells a story, if its told in first person, I usually don't give a ****. That's what most rap is anymore, and I wish I could meet most of them and tell them I don't give two flying ***** about what they did or would do so don't ******* rap about it. Try to teach me something or make me think. Don't just tell me about how "awesome" you are. I don't give a ****.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, radio. I haven't listened to an actual radio station willingly in years. And when I'm forced to, it's usually when I'm back home and I ride anywhere with my parents. My mom has XM in her vehicle and lets me pick the station and my dad listens to an 80s/90s rock station which is tolerable.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two radio stations preset on my truck.
One for classic rock and 700 WLW for Reds games.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
see, i think there's zero difference between any styles of music. the radio rap is just as bad as the radio rock or radio pop. i mean, is the fact that nickleback is a huge name in rock really representative of anything other than the fact that people have terrible taste? it's the same thing in rap. there are so many awesome 'indie' type artists doing interesting things, but if you rely on the radio or popular opinion to play those things, you'll be waiting for a really, really long time. it's why pictures like the one posted have never made sense to me. why would i listen to lil wayne? he's the justin bieber of rap. why would i listen to waka flocka? for the same reasons i would listen to nickleback. they're all terrible at what they do, but they all sell well because they appeal to people who like bubblegum.
I can kinda agree with this, but I don't really consider most rap actual music, well.. because it isn't. There is no melody to a lot of the **** rap, and because there is no melody, it isn't (technically) music. But your point about people having ****** taste, that's all spot on. Most of the really good rappers are unknown. (please no one say Childish Gambino, his **** is trash too) Just like most of the best music (of all different genres) is relatively unknown. I'd like to believe that eventually the masses will come around, but that's some serious optimism right there.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it is as much about people having poor taste as much as them just accepting what radio stations are paid to play. Most people don't have the time or drive to find music they really like.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I have two radio stations preset on my truck.
One for classic rock and 700 WLW for Reds games.
I've got Philly 104.5 (Its probably one of the few "Big radio stations that finds good music, but they even get a little repetitive sometimes), A country station from Philly (kinda similar in that you hear lesser known country artists, and other songs than just radio singles), 88.5 which plays variety, and real variety, with the exception of the pop (comes in fuzzy though) and two local college radio stations. Those both play some weird things that you never really hear. But I really don't listen to the radio much at all. Even the stations I like. I've been playing solely Of Monsters and Men in my car for the past two weeks, and things like this are not uncommon.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't think it is as much about people having poor taste as much as them just accepting what radio stations are paid to play. Most people don't have the time or drive to find music they really like.
Which is why they will get stuck with ****** pop music. And believe me, plenty of people genuinely like the **** on the radios. I've got too many friends that genuinely like Soulja Boy, or **** like Creed (for non-rappers).

Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I can kinda agree with this, but I don't really consider most rap actual music, well.. because it isn't. There is no melody to a lot of the **** rap, and because there is no melody, it isn't (technically) music. But your point about people having ****** taste, that's all spot on. Most of the really good rappers are unknown. (please no one say Childish Gambino, his **** is trash too) Just like most of the best music (of all different genres) is relatively unknown. I'd like to believe that eventually the masses will come around, but that's some serious optimism right there.
You did not say that

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-18-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know I love you, but I'll accept this when you show me your degree in musical theory.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then I'll laugh because someone wasted their time and money on a degree in musical theory.

I'm sure that will look great hanging on the wall of your slummy apartment while you work two burger flipping jobs.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Tupac. There I said what, WAT?

I do like gangster's paradise and gangster nation, hahaha
Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
(please no one say Childish Gambino, his **** is trash too)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rap is technically music.

http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/searc...&FOR M=DTPDIA

Quote:
1. sounds that produce effect: sounds, usually produced by instruments or voices, that are arranged or played in order to create an effect
2. art of arranging sounds: the art of arranging or making sounds, usually those of musical instruments or voices, so as to create an effect
And did you really just say Childish Gambino is trash? Whats next? Kanye sucks? How is the spoken word aspect of rap that much different than some stuff that Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash did?
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bonnie Bear

White noise

Whale sounds

People who "sing" without instruments

Eminem - pre weight gain/heavy drug use.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I'm save this thread that you rudy cools keep ruining.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Old 04-18-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Dogs are awesome.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

This one gets me every ******* time

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yay funny pictures!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Old 04-18-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And then I'll laugh because someone wasted their time and money on a degree in musical theory.

I'm sure that will look great hanging on the wall of your slummy apartment while you work two burger flipping jobs.
Perhaps, but I do know 3 people with advanced degrees in musical theory and composition; 2 of them play for the Shreveport Symphony. Admittedly, I'm not sure which came first, getting their degree or their position on the symphony, but my point is: just because you think it is crap or can not identify elements of melody and rhythm does not mean it isn't music. Crappy music is still music.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote