Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
hey, yo, f**** u.

We are not smug, just bitter we have to be indoor kids all through college.
I didn't say all of you are. There are many that act like

1. They are the only ones with a hard workload.
2. Every last one of them will be greeted out of college with a 6 figure paying job simply because they graduated.
3. Engineering is the only profession that matters. Like, at all. Economics? Statistics? Psshhh, we could do that no problem.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, yeah I know what you mean, I know a few of those kids. They are jags.

2. lol, yeah right.
3. Hahha they'll be in for a rude awakening, when they get to the work force and realize all there amazing ideas are shot down because of $$, or it can't be marketed with a cool name.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or they've refused to develop any social skills whatsoever that leads them to fail hard in their interviews.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone right now fails at big interviews, that isn't subjected to just kids with social awkward skills at the moment. I forgot who posted it, but that comparison of the college grad and high school grad interview was spot on in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Or they've refused to develop any social skills whatsoever that leads them to fail hard in their interviews.
nah, the ones who have that problem are usually the super nerds that can do the complex problems, so they are put in the think tank(r and d, mostly R). But even if they have social problems, sometimes you can't pass up on them, people will just have to work with them.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of friends that didn't struggle at all in their engineering interviews and got offers fairly quickly, and i also have a couple that i know that have been constantly rejected after interviews despite having superb resumes. You aren't gonna tell me there isn't a correlation between having crappy social skills and failing countless interviews.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have a lot of friends that didn't struggle at all in their engineering interviews and got offers fairly quickly, and i also have a couple that i know that have been constantly rejected after interviews despite having superb resumes. You aren't gonna tell me there isn't a correlation between having crappy social skills and failing countless interviews.
there is, but its all dependent on what the position entails. Usually with the entry positions you are not going to work by yourself.

They should try for grad school and then apply for some jobs, and even if they get rejeceted at that point, well then they are a loss cause.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moar Funny Pictures
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it fair to assume I will see a picture up tomorrow with a bunch of ignorant tweetes about Dick Clark?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it is impressive how godawful people are at interviewing. i've lost count of the times i had to tell someone to take a deep breath, or re-asked a question because they didn't answer it, or whatever. i don't understand why it's so hard.
Maybe its because I am just a very social person but I find it very easy to relate to people within only a few minutes and try to measure what they are looking for. So far I am a perfect 100% for all my job interviews but I'm sure that will change once I start applying to bigger jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I nominate this non-picture-having page as the worst page in this whole thread

You guys suck

Last edited by Nalej : 04-18-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-18-2012 at 07:24 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I didn't say all of you are. There are many that act like

1. They are the only ones with a hard workload.
2. Every last one of them will be greeted out of college with a 6 figure paying job simply because they graduated.
3. Engineering is the only profession that matters. Like, at all. Economics? Statistics? Psshhh, we could do that no problem.
1 and 3 are false... but if you an engineer and you aren't walking into a 6 figure job straight out of college then you aren't using your engineering degree and really those types probably aren't the ones that are doing 1 and 3 anyway.

My worst paid engineering mate was on 150k as a graduate engineer and I have about 10 mates that are engineers.

So either all the engineers I know are "elite"(hint: they aren't) or they have every reason to expect a 6 figure job when they graduate because well... it's pretty damn hard to work as an engineer and not have a 6 figure income, hell I know a guy who works part time as an engineer and is on a 6 figure income.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha at the idea that engineers really even interview for a job. 90% of them will be head hunted out of university and the other 10% already had a full time job before they finished.

Yes I may regret having not done engineering...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think this is more like (presuming it really is an 'entry level' type position) the restaurant example above. "you don't have relevant experience" is a nice way of saying "we have better applicants (who probably have more experience)".
I had a friend who went through this, and he was actually extremely well qualified for an academic post-doc position (3 publications in 3 major journals during his PhD). He wanted to stay in town because of family, and HR said no. Ended up going to his 2nd choice, which had a higher salary.

IMO, it's kinda like graduating from the Culinary Institute of America, applying for restaurant work, and getting turned down because "you aren't qualified enough."
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOAR ******* FUNNY PICS!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. I was talking to an USAF Lt. Col and he doesn't know my GPA what so ever, but just from talking to me and hearing my major, he told me to contact him because he'll do his best to get me working under him when I graduate.

Granted, if I'm getting through all of AFROTC, my GPA won't be too bad (but doesn't mean it will be great either).
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
also, FU BRENT, THIS IS THE COMPLETELY NOT FUNNY NOR INTERESTING TEXT THREAD NOW.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
if i'm going to die in a fire, it's going to be a way better fire than that.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Agreed. I was talking to an USAF Lt. Col and he doesn't know my GPA what so ever, but just from talking to me and hearing my major, he told me to contact him because he'll do his best to get me working under him when I graduate.

Granted, if I'm getting through all of AFROTC, my GPA won't be too bad (but doesn't mean it will be great either).
He must have been drunk, was trying to be civil, or he was an idiot because that is not how the commission selection process works at all.

That isn't a knock against you or your course work, but he should know better.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i was thinking this kind of fire.

i could die in a fire like that.
I thought you were ambitious...

WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
1 and 3 are false... but if you an engineer and you aren't walking into a 6 figure job straight out of college then you aren't using your engineering degree and really those types probably aren't the ones that are doing 1 and 3 anyway.

My worst paid engineering mate was on 150k as a graduate engineer and I have about 10 mates that are engineers.

So either all the engineers I know are "elite"(hint: they aren't) or they have every reason to expect a 6 figure job when they graduate because well... it's pretty damn hard to work as an engineer and not have a 6 figure income, hell I know a guy who works part time as an engineer and is on a 6 figure income.
im guessing this is only Australia... definitely not like this in the US. Avg starting for EEs here is in the 60k's.

edit: undergrad
Old 04-18-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

The average salary in Australia does not encompass the entire world. We're talking USA here.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote