Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 4/17/12 mock

Bengals Mock Draft

1A. David DeCastro OG Stanford The closer we get to draft day the more confident I am that DeCastro will fall to 17 because OG is not regarded as a top 15 pick no matter how good the player is. I think that based on pure talent DeCastro is a top 5 pick behind the 2 QBs and Richardson. He fills an immediate need and is the best OG I have seen on film since Steve Hutchinson.

1B. Stephen Gilmore CB South Carolina Gilmore has first round talent with none of the issues that follow Jenkins and Kirkpatrick. Gilmore will be able to step right in and learn the game for a year while playing in specific packages. He will be Leon Halls right hand man for many years to come.

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami (FL) Miller is an explosive back who can catch the ball out of the backfield and make people miss in the open field. He can and will be a starting running back in the NFL.

3. Markelle Martin Safety Oklahoma St. Martin will backup Nelson and could even start opposite of him when team go 4-wide. I have him as the third best safety in the draft with future starter potential. If Mays falls on his face Martin will be able to step up and start but he wont be as big an asset in run defense as Mays will be. Martin is the perfect rotation player with Mays based on the offensive lineup.

4. Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma Lewis will be able to step up if Maualuga continues to be inconsistent at MLB. Lewis has more physical tools that Skuta and he will contribute on Special Teams from day one.

5A. Tommy Streeter WR Miami (FL) Streeter is a huge target at 64 which Marvin loves. Streeter is mostly a Go Route type of player at this point in time but he has all the physical tools to be a high end #2 WR.

5B. DeVier Posey WR OSU Posey is a hometown kid from Cincinnati who is a #3 WR when he comes into the league. Posey has the physical tools to be a solid #2 WR in the league but he needs coached up by Hue Jackson. Posey is not afraid to go over the middle and catches the ball with his hands. If Posey can learn to run consistent routes then his value skyrockets.

5C. Matt Reynolds OT BYU Reynolds is a big bodied individual that lacks elite athleticism much in the mold of Dennis Roland. Reynolds is a quality backup that can play LT or RT so he should stick around the league for a while due to his versatility.

6. Kevin Koger TE Michigan Koger is a practice squad player at this point in his career. His superior pure athleticism never showed up on game tape. He is more of a workout warrior than a football player but with NFL coaching he might make a career out of it.

I think that this hits a lot of major needs and provides us depth with some good value picks. No mock is perfect because we just dont have enough picks. I can see a lot of these guys making the team out of training camp and putting a ton of pressure on the veterans. Let me know what you think.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine with that draft, but i still can't see DeCastro falling that far.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I would be fine with that draft, but i still can't see DeCastro falling that far.
And if he doesn't then I just insert Glenn there and we move on as if nothing ever happened.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
And if he doesn't then I just insert Glenn there and we move on as if nothing ever happened.
Glenn prolly won't be there either a lot teams like him at Tackle.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-18-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Glenn prolly won't be there either a lot teams like him at Tackle.
I believe he may come off the board before Decastro.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:19 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

I am willing to go out on a limb and say that one of the two will be there. Internet bragging rights to the winner! :)
Old 04-18-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I flip flop alot on Decastro. Sometimes the Bengals can get him, sometimes they cant.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Decided to throw my hat into the ring.

With the #17th Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select....
CB Stephon Gilmore South Carolina

With the #21st Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select....
RB Doug Martin Boise State

With the #53rd Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select....
WR Mohamed Sanu Rutgers

With the #83rd Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select....
OG/OT James Brown Troy

With the #116th Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select....
DT Marcus Forston Miami(FLA)

With the #156 Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select.....
WR Marvin McNutt Iowa

With the #166 Pick (from New England) the Cincinnati Bengals select....
FB/TE Evan Rodriguez Temple

With the #167 Pick (from New York Giants) the Cincinnati Bengals select....
Safety Duke Ihenacho San Jose State

With the #191 Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select.....
CB Keith Tandy West Virginia

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 04-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With the #21st Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select....
RB Doug Martin Boise State
That is who I have at #21 also. The Bengals have sown interest and he is rising up boards. He wont be there in the Second for sure.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me DeCastro and Martin in Rd. 1 and we'll be set for a long while.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope either Dicastro or Glenn is there at 17. Assuming this, here are the scenarios I could live with:

Option 1:
17) Dicastro or Glenn
21) Gilmore or Kirkpatrick - we need to set up our future at this position and have some insurance if Hall needs more time for recovery. Both of these guys can do it, prefer Gilmore.
53) AJ Jenkins - bigger need for us vs RB. Having a legit vertical threat that could start would pay dividends. Perhaps R Randle if Jenkins is off board.
83) Pead or Turbin - would think there will still be good value in 3 rd for RB
116) Demario Davis or Nigel Bradham - seen Nigel play a number of games and he just make plays, both tackling and in coverage. Davis probably won't be there in the 4th, but I would pounce on him if he was.
156) Aaron Henry S or Malik Jackson DE or Mike Martin DT- all would fill needs

Option 2:
Same as above except
21) Martin
83) best CB available - such as Hosley or Trumaine Johnson - really like Hosley, he probably will be long gone by this pick, but you never know who may fall to us.

Last edited by SC Igniter : 04-21-2012 at 09:26 AM.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote