Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Mike adams tests positive for weed at combine, wonder how bad that'll hurt his stock
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
Mike adams tests positive for weed at combine, wonder how bad that'll hurt his stock
It's going to drop him to our second round pick. The last tackle I wanted us to pick in the first round before the Receiver I wanted fell to us in the first, was William Beatty, and we got him in round round two.

1st - Stephen Hill, WR
2nd (via trade for a vet) - Chandler Jones/Vinnie Curry, DE/OLB
2nd - Mike Adams, OT

Hopefully this time it works out better than it did with Nicks, Sintim and Beatty...[/dream]

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's going to drop him to our second round pick. The last tackle I wanted us to pick in the first round before the Receiver I wanted fell to us in the first, was William Beatty, and we got him in round round two.

1st - Stephen Hill, WR
2nd (via trade for a vet) - Chandler Jones/Vinnie Curry, DE/OLB
2nd - Mike Adams, OT

Hopefully this time it works out better than it did with Nicks, Sintim and Beatty...[/dream]
that'd be good by me, except Idk who we'd get at rb

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't talked about this guy bc I know there's no chance we take him bc we have no need at OG at all, but I love Kevin Zeitler. Love him. I think he's going to be a great G in this league. I love Wisconsin OL in general, I loved Carimi last year, love Konz and Zeitler this year (how sick was that left side? Carimi/Zeitler/Konz, ridiculous).

I have a feeling he'll get drafted by the Pats at the end of the 1st round. But I love Zeitler. I wouldn't hate the pick if it was made, I think he's a great run blocker.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I always love the Wisco OLine guys. They do a great job there producing them. We'll see if they take a hit now that the OC went to Pitt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to realize that maybe JR is right, at the end of my mock there were a lot of guys I didn't feel were first rounders, but more like second round value guys.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking about this, and I realized something. It kind of correlates to my notion that I've said the past 2 years that LT is the most overrated position in football.

To me, the most important positions in football in today's NFL is QB, WR, CB, and DE.

Those are the 4 impact positions that you need a heavy investment in to be a successful franchise in today's league.

Well, look at the Giants. Has anyone invested more on DB and DE than the Giants in the past 4 years? Nope. We also invested more at WR than most teams in the NFL.

What positions were we deep at over the past 4 years? DE, DB, and WR. Is it any accident that we won 2 SBs in the past 4 years? I don't think so. We invested more in the most important positions in football than anyone else in the league.

OL is becoming vastly overrated for several reasons. With pass rushers moving all over the LOS, you can't just invest in a LT and assume all is well in the world. You need to develop a good UNIT that's solid throughout the line, not just assume you need a great LT to defend the blindside against the pass rush. That's stone age thinking. The pass rush comes from every where now, overload blitzes, moving pass rushers outside, inside, to the right side etc. It's just unrealistic to invest heavy in all 5 OL positions to counter that.

So to me OL, in particular OT has become vastly overrated. I think interior OL are great value in the end of the 1st but OTs are being over drafted and not worth the investment bc they no longer impact the game the same way they used to.

The Giants draft philosophy has been ahead of the curve, and that's why we are 2 time SB champion. We understood the direction the league was going in and drafted accordingly.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Going back to the LT argument, it's thought that a superior LT gives you a competitive advantage, and that's simply not true at all anymore. Again, it goes back to how teams pass rush now. What good is a dominant LT when you can just move your pass rusher away from him? What good is a dominant LT when you can just overload his side? He can only block one guy, maybe pick up 2 on a blitz, but that's it.

So the bottom line is, teams with good pass rushes will get to the qb whether you have a dominant LT or not. He really doesn't provide any advantage to you.

Weapons give you an advantage. They can get open sooner nowadays, they force coverages, they let your OL block for less time, they get YAC, they're the key to offenses now. Not OL. OL just needs to be good enough.

And for that reason, guys who are graded as 1st round OL like Adams, and Martin, neither of these guys are 1st round OTs. Their perceived "positional" value moves them into the first, but purely from a prospect grade, they are not 1st round picks. We should not grade them as such, and should not pass on a better available talent at another position for the sake of addressing the OT position.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

well we have been ahead on everything except for the TE

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's bc Mike Pope makes chicken salad out of chicken ****.

And the offensive system doesn't need a great TE either in the pass game. We just need a guy who can seal the edge vs DEs and SAMs in the run game and can catch some underneath choices.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cannot wait any more for this draft. We could either get a steal or have a lot of our too guys taken just a few picks before us and end up with a decent guy. Obviously we gotta hope for a guy like Kuechly, Hill, Wright, Brockers, or Adams to be there, but they are likely to all be gone and we end up with Fleener, Martin or Martin and I am a sad panda.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Adams is making me nervous.

1. He's so damn inconsistent, and you ask yourself why? Why weren't you dominant? You have all the tools to be a top 5 pick but you weren't that great. Why?

2. He's a waist bender.

3. He just doesn't look like he cares all the time and comes off as lazy to me.

4. The failed drug test shows immaturity.

5. Ohio State is notorious for 1st round busts.

All of that combined makes me a little nervous about him.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Donta Hightower is also starting to become an intriguing prospect to me.

1. He has the height/length we look for in our LBs. We like big LBs, and Hightower is certainly tall and long.

2. He's got positional versatility and can become a 3 down LB in the sense that, he can be that run stuffing MIKE in our base 4-3 like Chase is now, and then on 3rd down when we go nickel with Boley/Rivers/Williams, he can line up at DE and rush the passer. So he's not a traditional 3 down MIKE, but with our philosophy on defense he's a 3 down player and can be the right mix of what we look for in a MIKE in our system.

I'm not saying I'm banging the table for the guy, but he's starting to intrigue me bc of how we want to play defense, and what we look for in linebackers. He fits what we look for technically.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's a perfect fit for the Steelers. I'd be a little surprised if they didn't take him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I think he's a perfect fit for the Steelers. I'd be a little surprised if they didn't take him.
I'm unsure about that. Part of me agrees, then part of me sees how Pittsburgh has quietly been drafting smaller faster Cover 2 style defenders and putting them in a 1 gap 3-4 defense under LeBeau, and Hightower is more of a traditional thumping 3-4 ILB that you would see in a Bellichick/Cowher type of defense.

I think Pittsburgh has evolved their defense, it's a mix of what LeBeau used to do mixed with what TomTom likes. It's like a hybrid 1 gap 3-4 defense that uses a lot of Cover 2 concepts.

I think when they move on from LeBeau, they'll either become a true Tampa 2 defense under TomTom, or if he still wants to be a glorified cheerleader they'll have Butler run his defense. But they're giving themselves the luxury of potentially going either direction, based on how they are drafting.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Adams reminds me of Andre Smith in terms of his concerns. Kid plays really hard and seems to like dominating guys, but he'll need a little bit of a wakeup call and I hope falling to round two would be enough. Smith was a more dominant player so he didn't fall in the draft to get that fat top 10 contract and so needed that rough rookie year to set him straight, but now he's an elite RT and gives the Bengals one of the better pairs of tackles in the league.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-21-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Dennard in the 7th! =P wonder how bad the legal problems will be
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm saying right now I feel Massie is going to be our pick. Power blocking RT, road grater, revive the run game. SEC kid, seems like he's got a good work ethic, fills in for McKenzie. I also feel Hill won't be there at 32.

Diehl-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Massie

gets the ground game going again, with Boothe and Beatty the backups
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I can see that if we trade into the 2nd. Which I wouldn't mind at all, especially if it nets us a 1st next year.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I can see that if we trade into the 2nd. Which I wouldn't mind at all, especially if it nets us a 1st next year.
I don't see that happening. I think we're staying at 32. Reese said he has guys ranked from 15-32 all about the same, so I think we feel we're ok.

I just think it's a Reese-type pick
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I don't see that happening. I think we're staying at 32. Reese said he has guys ranked from 15-32 all about the same, so I think we feel we're ok.

I just think it's a Reese-type pick
For some reason I feel like Reese is going to make a move this time. Just a gut feeling. I think he has 1 guy in mind and hes either going to move up and get him or move back and get him. Just a hunch.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I seriously have no idea what we're doing anymore. I'm worn out just thinking about it. We can go in so many directions. I just want draft day to come already.

I can view like 10 different scenarios for us in the 1st 3 rounds and I wouldn't be upset with any of them.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...dium=t witter

Interesting article about what scouts are saying about the WRs and TEs from this draft class. I love these articles. I'd love to find the rest of their articles on the rest of the positions in the draft.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

That site has the OL and QB quotes up already.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

actually, mitchell schwartz is a guy who intrigues me for round 2. Hill and Schwartz would be a robbery
Quote: