Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I agree. It wouldn't be something I would say would be a great draft at the time but highly likely IMO and something we could look back on in two years and say that was a good draft.
agreed.

IDK if Pouncey and Ingram are sure-fire picks, especially with all the speculation the pats want to move up and get cameron jordan. i know its the typical pre-draft rumor parade, but i think they could have some truth to it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is probably some truth to it but the target player could be completely wrong. With the mention of pick #9 it is entirely possible they're looking to jump ahead of Washington to grab Julio. That 'bama connection . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Welp, here goes nothing.

Pick 17 Robert Quinn DE UNC
Pick 28 Danny Watkins OL Baylor
Pick 33 Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Pick 60 Ryan Williams RB V-Tech
Pick 74 Rahim Moore DB UCLA
Pick 92 John Moffitt OL Wisc.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably too late. Been really busy with work and stuff and haven't had a chance to put my list together. Last year I had some really good info that helped me win this thing, but this year not so much. So here's my list and if I'm too late then so be it.

1a. Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
1b. Mikel Leshoure, RB, Illinois
2a. James Carpenter, OL, Alabama
2b. Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
3a. Jarvis Jenkins, DL, Clemson
3b. Marcus Gilbert, OL, Florida

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I'm probably too late. Been really busy with work and stuff and haven't had a chance to put my list together. Last year I had some really good info that helped me win this thing, but this year not so much. So here's my list and if I'm too late then so be it.

your fine no worries

Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

lmao first time that every single person did not guess a single person in the first 3 rounds......

Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I get points for guessing Pittsburgh's draft picks?

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing we all lost the challenge then? lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

lets just say it was an epic fail by all of us. we all lost as a cohesive unit, now thats impressive

Old 05-10-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol the only thing we got right was... that we drafted football players lol

hilarious. curse you, BB! haha

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not much time left, but I'm pretty sure we can get picks together in 3 days. I've been crazy busy or I'd have bumped much earlier. I'd hate to see a cool tradition die so young.

Can you do it shoota? I can help, or take over if you can't / don't want to.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have several mocks ready to go, just need to decide on which one.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
lol the only thing we got right was... that we drafted football players lol

hilarious. curse you, BB! haha
I expect the same for me this year!
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's mine;

1. Shea McClellin, OLB Boise State
1. Trumaine Johnson, CB/S Montana
2. Jared Crick, DE Nebraska
2. Brandon Brooks, OG Miami (Oh)
3. Chris Givens, WR Wake Forest

Reasoning;

I don't buy the talk of the Pats moving up this draft. Really after the top ten the talent level between 11 and 50 is minimal.

McClellin seems to be the most likely Pats pick if his concussion history checks out. It could knock him way down boards though if it doesn't though.

I don't expect Johnson to be the pick at 31. If the Pats stay put I expect it to be either Kendall Reyes or Harrison Smith, That being said I would be shocked if they made both selections in the first. Johnson makes a lot of sense around the 40-45 mark.

Crick is an outside the box selection. Isn't the best scheme fit and had a bad injury this year, but BB has shown in the past he will take players higher if he feels he gets value based on previous form before the injury.

Brooks is a possibility based on value at the end of the second. Obviously OG could use some depth and he would be a nice pick.

Givens is the project WR we all expect to be drafted.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 04-23-2012 at 09:14 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On McCllelin's concussion history.

Good mock. Can definitely see those positions/players on the Patriot radar.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

27 S. McClellin OLB
31 Alameda Ta’amu DT
48 L. David ILB
62 Brandon Taylor S
93: Ron Brooks CB
126 Joe Adams WR, returner.

I'm picking these players based off their value for subpackages (primarily the 4-2-5); we play with the lead in the majority of our games and consequently spend a lot of time in the nickel. Ta'amu is a space eater as Brace appears to be a disappointment.

Pick 27 is very difficult. I keep going from Jones to Upshaw to McClellin. I ended up with McClellin as Jones is likely off the board, and McClellin has more versatility than Upshaw. I wouldn't be at all surprised though if Upshaw ends up being the pick despite his measurables.

It's doubtful these spots will be where we pick in the draft and I expect to pick up at least a developmental OL and another WR somewhere.

I'm also tempted to go RB (Martin), OL, and WR (A.J. Jenkins) with the first three picks (which would be a major , but, you know, Belichick.)

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-23-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
DKPatriots
Rookie

DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.DKPatriots could make a wolverine purr.

1 - Courtney Upshaw, Alabama.
1 - Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama.
2 - Bruce Irvin, West Virginia.
2 - Jared Crick, Nebraska.
3 - Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State.
DKPatriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

yeah lets do it up. I'll make a new thread later tonight or tomorrow for it..... and ill copy everyones picks into it that were already posted in this one.

i like some of the picks so far. everyone is trying a new strategy.... someone should be better than last year... when none of us correctly picked a guy in the first 3 rounds lol

Old 04-24-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Ok, I might change some but just don't have a ton of time so I'd rather post it so I get something in.

1st Round (Pick 27) - Peter Konz C
1st Round (Pick 31) - Alameda Ta'amu DT
2nd Round (Pick 48) - Shea McClellin OLB
2nd Round (Pick 62) - Jared Crick DE
3rd Round (Pick 93) - George Iloka S
4th Round (Pick 126) - Joe Adams WR