Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Not buying it, Cards defintely suck. You compare the talent on Seattle's D to theirs and its not even close, IMO. Browner, Thomas, Chancellor, Wright, Sherman, Bryant, Clemons, Mebane > PP, Schofield, Dockett, Campbell, Wilson, Acho, Washington. They can't run the ball to save their life. They're secondary is weak. Wilson is still good, but vastly overated. Rhodes sucks. PP still has a ways to go. William ***? Greg Toler? Excatly. I do like Washington and Schofield though. Dockett hasn't had a decent game against us in 2 years. Their O-Line sucks. How can I take Kolb seriously when they were ready to dump him after one year to go get Manning? Im still baffled as to how we let them beat us last year. Fitz is the only player I give props to in that offense. I think position for position, we are far more talented team than the Cards. That doesn't always guaranteed victory but we are the better team. I think Seattle is right up there in terms of talent with us. But losing Hawthorne is going hurt them though. I dont think a rookie ILB outside of maybe Kuchley can give them what he did. And Rudd defintely isnt the answer.
What are you not buying? That they don't have talent? I didn't say they were the better team, or at an even level with the Niners. I specifically noted that they have very talented pieces but their overall talent level is not what the Niners have. I live here in AZ and see a lot of the coverage and little nuances about the team. Kolb is either going to take a step forward and make some noise or will completely bust and fade into obscurity this season. I thought they overpaid (trade value and money) for him and he got off to a rough start last year, but he'll still have an opportunity to succeed. We were ready to dump Alex to go after Manning so I think your Kolb argument on that front is heavily lacking. It was Peyton FREAKING Manning. Of course they looked into it, and so did the Niners, who publicly supported Alex more than the Cards did with Kolb. They're not legit, but they have talent, albeit aging talent.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The only tough game at the end is in NE. Come on, Seahawks, Cardinals and Rams still suck. If we improve our offense by half of what it was in 2011, we'll be blowing out those crappy teams and even if we dont improve our offense, our team should still win against those teams. Seahawks wise, im only worried about Lynch. Cardinals is Fitz but their QB's suck and Rams is Jackson. Two out of three teams have a RB that im worried about most and our run defense was the best in 2011.

If we stay healthy, we shouldnt go any worse than 12-4.
Doesn't matter if they do or do not. They are division rivals and will come prepared to beat us. They may not be as talented but anything can happen, and any of those teams could still conceivably be in the playoff hunt at that point of the season. Even if they are not, they will still be out to beat us, nobody likes to lose, especially to a division rival. Nothing is a gimme and we could lose on any given Sunday.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
What are you not buying? That they don't have talent? I didn't say they were the better team, or at an even level with the Niners. I specifically noted that they have very talented pieces but their overall talent level is not what the Niners have. I live here in AZ and see a lot of the coverage and little nuances about the team. Kolb is either going to take a step forward and make some noise or will completely bust and fade into obscurity this season. I thought they overpaid (trade value and money) for him and he got off to a rough start last year, but he'll still have an opportunity to succeed. We were ready to dump Alex to go after Manning so I think your Kolb argument on that front is heavily lacking. It was Peyton FREAKING Manning. Of course they looked into it, and so did the Niners, who publicly supported Alex more than the Cards did with Kolb. They're not legit, but they have talent, albeit aging talent.
We went after Manning because Alex was a free agent, who had not agreed to the offer we extended to him. Kolb was under contract, after just signing a rich deal last off-season and them trading away a talented young player and a draft choice for his services. HUGE differences in circumstances considering our interest in Manning and theirs.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We went after Manning because Alex was a free agent, who had not agreed to the offer we extended to him. Kolb was under contract, after just signing a rich deal last off-season and them trading away a talented young player and a draft choice for his services. HUGE differences in circumstances considering our interest in Manning and theirs.
I acknowledge there was a difference in the situations but I'm confident the Niners would have still pursued Manning in some fashion even if Alex had already been signed to a long term deal. The Niners are always looking at every opportunity to improve their team and Manning was that opportunity at the QB position this offseason. Still glad they end up adding Josh Johnson.

Back to the original point which was that the Cards have talent, which they do. They just aren't as overall as solid as a team as the Niners and they do have some holes. We'll see what they and our other division foes do in the Draft.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 04-20-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I acknowledge there was a difference in the situations but I'm confident the Niners would have still pursued Manning in some fashion even if Alex had already been signed to a long term deal. The Niners are always looking at every opportunity to improve their team and Manning was that opportunity at the QB position this offseason. Still glad they end up adding Josh Johnson.

Back to the original point which was that the Cards have talent, which they do. They just aren't as overall as solid as a team as the Niners and they do have some holes. We'll see what they and our other division foes do in the Draft.
Fair enough. I tend to think Arizona's talent is a little bit overated, while Seattle's is underated. I dont give PC much credit for alot of things but I will say I think he's building a terrific defense over there. And if Flynn is even 10% better than TJack, I think thats a 2 game swing in there favor. But I believe he'll be a big step up from TJack and they have some talent on the outside in Rice, Baldwin, and Williams. I could see them making strides next year and really making the push for a wildcard. NOTHING scares me about the Cards. Not even Fitz. They do have talent, but they lack playmakers outside of Fitz and PP. Campbell maybe but that's why I dont really give them much love because good teams, or at least teams I consider good have playmakers on both sides of the ball. Wilson and Dockett used to be a playmakers but both of them seem to have fallen off these last few years. Still solid contributors but they aren't making the splash plays that kept them playing in Pro Bowls and had them regarded as the one of the best at their respective position.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is Kolb's fish or cut bait yr. with Zona.

And it's no big secret their o-line can't block for crap. If they fail to get them help again this draft they're sacrificing Kolb (again!) to the edge rushers.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't call the Cards talent "overrated" but most of their elite/good players are aging with not much depth in the wings. Even when they made the Super Bowl, they weren't taken seriously on a national stage (other than Fitz) and they almost won the big game. They don't get much pub outside of AZ.

Yes, the Cards O-Line is the biggest weakness on their team.

Make or break year for Kolb in AZ for sure.

I'm done talking about the Cards, Seachickens and Lambs now. Go Niners!

Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft Gameday Thread is up. Enjoy.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't call the Cards talent "overrated" but most of their elite/good players are aging with not much depth in the wings. Even when they made the Super Bowl, they weren't taken seriously on a national stage (other than Fitz) and they almost won the big game. They don't get much pub outside of AZ.

Yes, the Cards O-Line is the biggest weakness on their team.

Make or break year for Kolb in AZ for sure.

I'm done talking about the Cards, Seachickens and Lambs now. Go Niners!
No you spelled it wrong it's Shecocks.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Msclemons67
Rookie

Msclemons67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
No you spelled it wrong it's Shecocks.
I prefer "Seabastards". I hate that team.
Msclemons67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Default Jim Harbaugh is a BOSS!

Quote:
In many ways, the NFL's 2012 schedule appears favorable for the 49ers, who have a right-in-the-middle-of-the-season bye week and a stretch from Oct. 1 to Nov. 24 in which they will leave town just once. They will play one team coming off a bye week -the Rams in Week 10 - and that week, San Francisco will be coming off a bye, too.

That is not only good news for the 49ers. It's also good news for Howard Katz.

Katz, the NFL's schedule maker, recently found out what it's like to get on the wrong side of 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh. Last year, Harbaugh didn't hide his displeasure with the NFL's decision to send the 49ers to Baltimore on Thanksgiving, a game that required them to travel three time zones four days after a win over the Cardinals in San Francisco.

Four months after that game - a 16-6 Ravens' win - Harbaugh still wasn't giving thanks for his holiday visit with his older brother, John, Baltimore's head coach. As a result, John set up a meeting between Katz and his still-irritated brother at the league meetings last month in Florida.

"I talked to (Harbaugh), then I talked to him the next day, and then I talked to him the third day," Katz told the New York Times. "He said, 'Now that I've met you, I don't hate you quite as much.' His brother said to me, 'That's as good as you're going to do.'

On Wednesday, Harbaugh said he zeroed in on the first line when he received this year's regular-season schedule.

"The Green Bay Packers - that jumped out: 'Who's the opener against?' " Harbaugh said. "All our efforts right now are on finding a way to beat the Packers, find a way to win the opener. Whoever that was going to be in the opener, that's where my eyes went immediately."

After locating the 49ers' season opener, though, it's safe to assume Harbaugh began searching to see if Katz did it to him again.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPK01O6QL4.DTL
Old 04-23-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Brandon Jacobs already in trouble:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...cording-report

Idiot. Baalke just updated his Draft board, bumping up the big backs they like a couple spots. :)

Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Idiot. Baalke just updated his Draft board, bumping up the big backs they like a couple spots. :)
Another Arkansas program product in trouble this offseason.

9ers maybe targeting Lamar Miller? I have him the 2nd RB taken in my mock, last pick of the 1st rd. to Giants ironically replacing Jacobs.

With Gore that would be 2 Canes RBs on the roster.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the Jacobs signing since day one and I really hope Baalke releases this guy after the Draft. UGH.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think Jacobs is really in trouble at this point. The offseason is slow and ESPN is probably desperate for stories.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-23-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think Jacobs is really in trouble at this point.
Key words: "at this point."

Still not very promising for a mature 'veteran.'

Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Key words: "at this point."

Still not very promising for a mature 'veteran.'
Didn't the 49ers just sign Parrish Cox?

And Brandon Jacobs isn't even suspected for any wrongdoing. Some folks merely complained (perhaps they have nothing better to do) about a caravan being escorted by state troopers to Atlantic City. This isn't even a story.

This is worse than the time that Frank Gore had a party at this house and was allegedly "linked" to a college scandal involving certain players receiving unauthorized benefits.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-23-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:

If thats the Jersey state trooper story, then there is no story as far as Jacobs is concerned. He had a police escort, wtf.....how is that his fault? He was escorted by law enforcement....that strikes me as a law enforcement issue. The troopers are the ones in trouble, and rightfully so.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If thats the Jersey state trooper story, then there is no story as far as Jacobs is concerned. He had a police escort, wtf.....how is that his fault? He was escorted by law enforcement....that strikes me as a law enforcement issue. The troopers are the ones in trouble, and rightfully so.
Fair enough. I'm not a Jacobs fain I guess. He's more proven than Dixon but I hope they both get beat off the roster by another big back and/or stud RBOTF the Niners Draft this year.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/p...8-7f9a715c5aef

Kaepernick looks like he put some work in the weight room
Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 AM    (permalink
MaybeDavis
Rookie

MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.MaybeDavis could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post

Who is the Kicker at the left behind Kaepernick? ;)
MaybeDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I think Kap has a great chance to sit the first couple years and then go Aaron Rodgers on this league. He's what the Redskins think they are getting in RJIII, who is a talent, but will struggle with his elusiveness (more of a straight line speed guy) and possibly injuries IMO. Kid could be a beast. There was a reason and a plan that Harbaugh wanted to move up for him. If Aldon, Cully, Hunter and crew for last year's draft all look like great values so far, imagine if Kap is a hitter too. We haven't even got to enjoy his talent...yet.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

Quote:
He's what the Redskins think they are getting in RJIII, who is a talent, but will struggle with his elusiveness (more of a straight line speed guy) and possibly injuries IMO
RGIII is an Olympic track star but his awesome speed burst with sub-4.3 40s makes him special among the other non-Luck QBs in this draft who also came from other areas, e.g, Weeden was a baseball player for many yrs. & Osweiler, who's 6-8, was a Gonzaga basketballer.

I agree about Kaepernick (a 3-sport HS player who's from Northern CA) & am salivating in anticipation for his audition as their starter of the future.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post

I'm diggin the superhero abs.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm not a Jacobs fain I guess. He's more proven than Dixon but I hope they both get beat off the roster by another big back and/or stud RBOTF the Niners Draft this year.
I'm not a Jacobs fan either, and I still don't like that we signed him. I'm hoping Dixon steps his game up.

Quote: