Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh... and here I was thinking they were unbeatable at home because they couldn't play on grass. Silly me.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what happens to this scum of a franchise now without there so called cap genius?

I wonder if Drew Brees even wants anything to do with this organization anymore.

BTW, the Pats lost a 1st round pick due to spygate. Saints should lose that much in 2013.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question is how did this go stuff go unnoticed for so long? was the NFL just turning a blind eye to the situation because of the feel good story that was the Saints?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernonLawson89 View Post
Wow what a fraudulent piece of s**t franchise
So if someone states something without proof it makes it legit? I want to give you credit for not being that dn but you're making it hard.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
My question is how did this go stuff go unnoticed for so long? was the NFL just turning a blind eye to the situation because of the feel good story that was the Saints?
You know that's not true. This is like the Vicodin incident. All accusations no proof.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints are squeaky clean and have never done anything wrong, ever.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Saints are squeaky clean and have never done anything wrong, ever.
They;ve done nothing wrong, ever. No matter what the hard evidence says nor the audio tapes from the bounty systems may show. Loomis, Payton, and Brees never knew about any of this.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Lol y'all are acting like idiots. Show me some damn evidence. That's all I'm saying. Everyone wants to crucify them with no evidence. Y'all just love to hate us. The Saints are so emphatic about being innocent law suits are already preparing to fly against anyone accusing them of it.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Lol y'all are acting like idiots. Show me some damn evidence. That's all I'm saying. Everyone wants to crucify them with no evidence. Y'all just love to hate us. The Saints are so emphatic about being innocent law suits are already preparing to fly against anyone accusing them of it.
This is always how it starts. You can scream "show me the evidence," all you want. But this is how these stories always break. The media gets a leak from an anonymous source, the NFL launches an investigation, and a year or so later, we get discipline laid down by the Law (be it Goodell, NCAA, whatever).

This is just the start of the process, but it's not the last we'll hear of it. I can assure you of that.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
The Saints weren't a feel good story until 2006. This was from 2002-2004, when the organization was irrelevant under Haslett. If the NFL wanted to they could've hammered them then. Why is it coming out 8 years later?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
This is always how it starts. You can scream "show me the evidence," all you want. But this is how these stories always break. The media gets a leak from an anonymous source, the NFL launches an investigation, and a year or so later, we get discipline laid down by the Law (be it Goodell, NCAA, whatever).

This is just the start of the process, but it's not the last we'll hear of it. I can assure you of that.
Yeah, but this leaked for a reason. The fact that the Saints just were convicted of teh Bounty Allegations, this only makes it worse as more investigating will be conducted on this organization.

Whenever you run a "dirty" business, there is always going to be a whistle-blower.

Saints are no where near squeeky clean, and I'm sure this was you're approach, the "innocent-until-proven-guilty" task wasn't it with the Bounty System?

Just admit it. The Saints are screwed and they deserve to be punished.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Saints weren't a feel good story until 2006. This was from 2002-2004, when the organization was irrelevant under Haslett. If the NFL wanted to they could've hammered them then. Why is it coming out 8 years later?
From the information that we have to go on right now, this story was broke by an employee of the Saints' organization. Not many people have access to the GM's private luxury box. This is one thing among many that a franchise could very easily keep quiet. The only people that may have known would be the people who rigged it, the people who are regularly in the GM's suite (maybe, maybe not), and the people he was theoretically talking to down on the field. That could be a small enough circle to monitor and control.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know that's not true. This is like the Vicodin incident. All accusations no proof.
Yet. Key word.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no proof (yet) and I don't really see the benefit to this. That being said, if I were a disgruntled employee looking to slander my former employer, I sure as hell wouldn't go to the U.S. Attorney's Office. These are big time accusations. Espionage is a federal offense and the FBI has apparently been briefed. You'd have to be pretty stupid to tie up federal resources with a false statement.

Quote:
From the information that we have to go on right now, this story was broke by an employee of the Saints' organization. Not many people have access to the GM's private luxury box. This is one thing among many that a franchise could very easily keep quiet. The only people that may have known would be the people who rigged it, the people who are regularly in the GM's suite (maybe, maybe not), and the people he was theoretically talking to down on the field. That could be a small enough circle to monitor and control.
My first guess would be the people who rigged it.

Last edited by WCH : 04-23-2012 at 07:25 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to add that if Loomis is smart, then if/when the Feds come knocking, he'll say "I will not answer any questions without my attorney present", and then the lawyer would likely advise him to say, "I invoke my fifth amendment rights." That applies even if he's 100% innocent.

I hear federal prison sucks. This is one of those "shut up" situations.

Last edited by WCH : 04-23-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol. Let's figure a way to blame Gregggg Williams.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it's right or not but when I saw the name of the thread edited to this I lol'd pretty hard. New Orleans might wanna push to sign Brees and actually get some positive news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Brees already signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I remember the Saints sucking quite regularly before 2002.
Saints were terrible up until 2006.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I thought Brees already signed?
Where did you hear that?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

It was a rumor that made the rounds a while back. It was apparently false.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson, I know u don't wanna, but just hand Brees a blank check tomorrow, let him fill it out, and call it a good day. The Saints need a good day...
Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know if it's right or not but when I saw the name of the thread edited to this I lol'd pretty hard. New Orleans might wanna push to sign Brees and actually get some positive news.
I changed the name of the thread. I thought it was more fitting.

In the end, though, I don't think anything is done to Mickey Loomis or the Saints for this because 1) it happened too long ago and 2) there's too little evidence. It's also quite timely that ESPN would want to speed "weeks" investigating the Saints right on the heels of the bounty scandal. All ESPN is doing is trying to increase their traffic and ratings. Why else would this story be coming out 8 years after the fact?

And, by the way, from now on this wiretapping scandal will be called Tap Dat by me.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 04-23-2012 at 10:02 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

And, by the way, from now on this wiretapping scandal will be called Tap Dat by me from now on.
Can I get in on that one as well?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Saints were terrible up until 2006.
Average bro. We at least had the talent to keep us average.