Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-12-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Teams Looking to Move Up

What are some teams that could be looking to move up in the draft?

I know the Dolphins are rumored to be looking at moving up to #3 for Tannehill, but who else?

Could a team move up in the early-mid 20's to select a Brandon Weeden or Brock Osweiler?

What about teams that want their choice of 2nd RB?

This is also where we could start seeing some of the DT and 3-4 OLB going off the board, so what teams are looking towards moving up for those players?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jacksonville moves somewhere, either up for Blackmon with the Browns or down with a team going for Tannehill or a DT/DE. The Jaguars won't have an offensive player worth taking at 7, so moving either up or down in the draft should be the plan. Gabbert needs help on offensive at WR and OL, plus with 10 of the 11 defensive starters coming back next season I'm sure the team is targeting offensive with the 1st round pick.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's too likely because the Jets need the picks but I can see them moving up for Melvin Ingram. They do have a history moving up for a guy they like and I know they love Ingram.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think about a team like the Rams moving up for a WR (assuming they don't take one at #6, a DT or OT?

Also, if Dontari Poe falls into the 20's, would the Colts consider moving up to get him?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I think Jacksonville moves somewhere, either up for Blackmon with the Browns or down with a team going for Tannehill or a DT/DE. The Jaguars won't have an offensive player worth taking at 7, so moving either up or down in the draft should be the plan. Gabbert needs help on offensive at WR and OL, plus with 10 of the 11 defensive starters coming back next season I'm sure the team is targeting offensive with the 1st round pick.
In 2010 the Jags defense was one of the worst in the league and the offense was decent. In the 2011 draft the Jaguars used their first 4 picks on offensive players.

Gene Smith does his own thing and anytime you think you are sure about what the Jaguars are going to do, it likely means you are wrong.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Chargerfn909
Rookie

Chargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

AJ Smith has been very aggressive in years past. It scares the crap outta me that he's gonna panic and move up for someone like Ingram or Upshaw.
Chargerfn909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
MI_Buckeye
Veteran

MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MI_Buckeye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfn909 View Post
AJ Smith has been very aggressive in years past. It scares the crap outta me that he's gonna panic and move up for someone like Ingram or Upshaw.
I've actually mocked them moving into the top ten and taking Ingram for a while now. Especially with Manning now in the division, I think AJ will have a strong desire to upgrade his pass rush at all costs.
MI_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Baalke has both the history and ammo to move up if he has a target in mind.

They realistically have less than 5 roster spots available. It would be easy to "pencil in" a minimum of 50 guys already.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Chargerfn909
Rookie

Chargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairChargerfn909 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Buckeye View Post
I've actually mocked them moving into the top ten and taking Ingram for a while now. Especially with Manning now in the division, I think AJ will have a strong desire to upgrade his pass rush at all costs.
Problem is, I am just not sold on Ingram (in OUR defense) to move up like that. There isn't a pass rusher I AM sold on in this draft. Someone like Perry could end up being the best pass rusher..
Chargerfn909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I agree. I can totally see the Chargers moving up anywhere from 4 to 8 spots to land a player they like.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:02 AM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
What do you think about a team like the Rams moving up for a WR (assuming they don't take one at #6, a DT or OT?

Also, if Dontari Poe falls into the 20's, would the Colts consider moving up to get him?
Pretty much like clockwork there is a team that trades back into the the end of the first. With the pats sitting with picks in that area, it seems that it is even more likey. However if. There is a guy bill is enamored with I could see us moving up. For whom, that is anyones guess.

For the colts, if polian was still there I would say there was no way in hell they trade up for a dt. I don't know enough about the new gm to get a good read.

I like the idea of the rams doing a small move up ala the lions for best if they see a receiver like jeffrey or hill sitting there.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Brockers or Barron fall past 20 I can see the Pats using a third and the 27 to gets one of those....

if they do this than 31 will be traded down
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Smart guy. I didn't even think of the Chargers as a trade up candidate yet. It's like I forgot their GM is an aggressive mofo....Big fan of AJ Smith eek f he's a touch crazy.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly69 View Post
I agree. I can totally see the Chargers moving up anywhere from 4 to 8 spots to land a player they like.
The latest rumor is that the Chargers want to move up to 12/13 to land Mark Barron, which, since it came out this week, will almost certainly not happen...haha

But if it does, TV's will be thrown from high placed wherever i may be.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd bet the Eagles trade up for Poe. I just hope they don't give up too much.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd imagine that the trades up are not going to be huge this year. You only have 5 gradable elite players out there. I think you could see Cleveland move up from 22 if Tanny slips. The Jets may go up in pursuit of Melvin Ingram. I think you could see some teams like Minnesota trying to move up into round 1 if there's a top OT still on the board like Cordy Glenn or Riley Reiff.

Aside from that, it's hit or miss. There's not a ton of players in this draft that carry the value of more than any 2 players.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
IndyColtScout
Veteran

IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.IndyColtScout could make a wolverine purr.

PHI- for an OL like Reiff
NYJ- Rushbacker or a shot at an elite WR prospect
CIN- Two 1st round picks gives them options if they are in love
CLE- same as CIN
STL- trade for #2 gives them Ammo to move into backend of the 1st
Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
I'd imagine that the trades up are not going to be huge this year. You only have 5 gradable elite players out there. I think you could see Cleveland move up from 22 if Tanny slips. The Jets may go up in pursuit of Melvin Ingram. I think you could see some teams like Minnesota trying to move up into round 1 if there's a top OT still on the board like Cordy Glenn or Riley Reiff.

Aside from that, it's hit or miss. There's not a ton of players in this draft that carry the value of more than any 2 players.
Which 5? Luck, Trent Richardson, DeCastro I give you, but then who?

You can make an argument for RG III, Claibourne, Blackmon, Kuechly, Barron and Kalil. For upside, no one beats Poe.

Tannehill at #9 is an interesting position. KC, Seattle, Dallas, Philly and Cleveland all have reason to bid. The Chiefs could move up for less than a 3rd rounder. Cleveland would need #22, #37 and something. If he is there at #10, I would not put it past Buffalo to take him.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Which 5?
1. Andrew Luck
2. Trent Richardson
3. Robert Griffin III
4. Morris Claiborne
5. David DeCastro
Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of want to see New England keep their picks or flip the script on everyone and trade up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling the Lions will trade up. Either very high for Trent/Claiborne/Kalil, kinda high for Reiff, or a little bit to make sure they get Barron/Kirkpatrick/Gilmore.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
superfly69
Veteran

superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.superfly69 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

I can't see the Colts trading up for DT. Maybe for Fleener because they need a TE and he is a teammate of Luck who would make the transition easier for him.
superfly69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I have a feeling the Lions will trade up. Either very high for Trent/Claiborne/Kalil, kinda high for Reiff, or a little bit to make sure they get Barron/Kirkpatrick/Gilmore.
I could see this happening. Especially considering the fact that I'm convinced they should deal Cliff Avril. Although, I'd rather see them move up into round 2 for like Courtney Upshaw or Vinny Curry.