Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-22-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many DT do the Jags need?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shock the world: Stephen Hill
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Whatever I do, I'm not taking a guy in the top 10 that doesn't scream "pro bowl for 10+ years" in the top 10.
In some drafts, you simply don't have that luxury. Welcome to 2012.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Whatever I do, I'm not taking a guy in the top 10 that doesn't scream "pro bowl for 10+ years" in the top 10.
Half of the players selected in the top 10 never make a single Pro Bowl.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackmon or Gilmore.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they should go with Floyd, but I don't see it as of now. A lot of talk on Cox. A part of me thinks, like the Vikings, that they may be putting a lot of names out there in the hopes of getting a trade. Obviously, this is the spot that some teams may trade to if they want Tannehill.

Honestly, if I had to take a guess as of now, I might still guess Ingram. Productive collegian from a big school - seems like Gene Smith's MO. A guy who can be a base end and then kick inside next to Alualu on passing downs - fits their needs.

That said, if Gene Smith doesn't find a WR to help Gabbert develop, they may be looking for another QB next year (and there are those that would say that they should look this year), and Gene Smith may be looking for a job.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
In some drafts, you simply don't have that luxury. Welcome to 2012.
I think there are.

Obviously, The Jags are not interested (or could get) Luck or Griffin. Kalil, DeCastro, Fletcher Cox, Michael Floyd, Morris Claiborne, (Janoris Jenkins - not happening), Luke Kuechly, and Trent Richardson could all be that kind of player. Melvin Ingram has some of that if he plays SAM LB.

I think you have to believe that at least one of those 3 (Floyd, Ingram, and Kuechly) are available. And there will be some interest in trading up for Tannehill (even if you have to take less than you should to get out of the spot, taking less is still better than over drafting someone).
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the record in saying that I think he's a bit over-hyped, but ... I mildly wonder about Chandler Jones at 7. It would blow the roof off the door, but ... Gene Smith has been pushing pass rush, he does prefer long, lean edge guys, and Jones fits that.

That said, as of right now, I think Blackmon gets to 7 and I find it hard to see them passing (although I wouldn't rule it out, I guess).
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
All i kept hearing all last year was the Jags had no receivers, has to be Floyd.
Quote:
They should take Michael Floyd and not look back.
Floyd has to be the one holding up that jade-colored #1 jersey at the podium.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was the last time Gene Smith took a WR that high or first round?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
When was the last time Gene Smith took a WR that high or first round?
I guess taking Reggie Williams and Matt Jones in the first, consecutive years in a row would scare of some GMs.

Also fun to look at there recent draft trends.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...2250&type=team

Nvm he wasn't the GM until 2008.

Last edited by brat316 : 04-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

To be fair, Gene Smith wasn't GM for those WR picks, as Harris made those picks. He was Director of College/Professional Scouting, I believe, but we don't know what went on internally in the decision-making with those picks. With the Monroe/Alualu/Gabbert picks, we can lay the final decision-making on Smith and gather a loose picture of what type of guy he might look for (although Gabbert may fall under the QB rule - that is, don't necessarily judge a GM's QB picks as a sign of the type of player he might prefer because the position is one that gets folks to stretch and rationalize).
Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
For the sake of the discussion, let's say that nobody trades up and the first six players off the board, as usually predicted, are: Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Richardson, MoCla, and Blackmon. In any order.

Who do the Jaguars take at #7?

This is an especially tough call because the Jags work off their own board as much as any team in the league (Tyson Aluala, 10th Overall Pick). I'm tempted to say Floyd, but it's important to remember the Jags are HUGE on "high character" guys and they might have him off their board because of his alcohol issues.

I'm going to go against the grain a bit and say it'll be Mark Barron. It's a mini-reach, but nobody thinks he'll last past #14, so it's not unreasonable. They haven't had an impact safety since Carnell Lake. Reggie Nelson was a bust, but Barron is solid in all the ways Nelson was lacking.

Who are you thinking?

your safety comments are too idiotic to even respond to. I swear people on here go out of their way to try and be wrong. They're picking ingram. If they don't they blew the pick. That simple.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas357 View Post
your safety comments are too idiotic to even respond to. I swear people on here go out of their way to try and be wrong. They're picking ingram. If they don't they blew the pick. That simple.
Well aren't you just the smartest boy in school?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephon Gilmore unless the Jaguars can trade down.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna bet that its Melvin Ingram if the Jags stay at 7.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Gonna bet that its Melvin Ingram if the Jags stay at 7.
I hope you mean figuratively, otherwise there are much better ways to burn money.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlinger View Post
I hope you mean figuratively, otherwise there are much better ways to burn money.
LOL. If you think so.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's such a crapshoot right now. I'm very interested to see who Mayock mocks to them tonight. He has a lot of inside connections within in league and probably has a good idea of who they will take. I'm still saying Stephon Gilmore right now.