Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.
Default Who dont you want?

I figured we could all discuss the players that would be available around the time the Bengals pick who you would just hate for them to take. I remember a few years back a lot of people (including Bengal fans) wanted Golden Tate. He was really about the only player i didn't want them to draft and thankfully they didn't.

Now moving on to this year the player i see that reminds me of him is Wright from Baylor. I think he will be far better the Tate has been but he seems to be lazy and not the greatest route runner. A quality skill position player should have no more then 10% body fat at worst. Yet Wright came in at 30% body fat at the combine. Then he ran a terrible 40 and didn't show explosiveness. Even at his pro day he didn't blow scouts away. RG3 made him look better then he actually is. I think the Baylor offense helped him as well.

A few of the players I'd prefer Cinci stays away from are Couples, Wright, Mercilus and Kendricks. Just something about these few guys that worries me. Either work ethic questions or just not seeing enough from them on the field.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players Don't Want: Nick Perry, Dontari Poe, Kendall Wright, Whitney Mercilus, and Janoris Jenkins.

Players Do Want: Melvin Ingram, Michael Floyd, Quinton Coples, Luke Kuechly, David DeCastro, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, and Doug Martin

Players would not mind: Michael Brockers, Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick, Cordy Glenn, Kevin Zeitler, Rueben Randle, Peter Konz, and Chandler Jones

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we stay away from Wright, Coples(though it might be worth the risk given his athletic abilities), Mercilus, Brockers, and Reuben Randle. I'm also not a huge fan of Gilmore as I think the JJ comparison is a bit too convenient for my tastes but I wouldn't be opposed to us drafting him. Really would prefer if we didn't select a DL in the first round unless he's obviously the BPA, as I think we're pretty set there and we've shown pretty good ability at getting those guys later in the draft anyway.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:50 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Players Don't Want: Nick Perry, Dontari Poe, Kendall Wright, Whitney Mercilus, and Janoris Jenkins.

Players Do Want: Melvin Ingram, Michael Floyd, Quinton Coples, Luke Kuechly, David DeCastro, Courtney Upshaw, Stephen Hill, and Doug Martin

Players would not mind: Michael Brockers, Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick, Cordy Glenn, Kevin Zeitler, Rueben Randle, Peter Konz, and Chandler Jones
Generally agree with your list. More strongly against Jenkins and Coples.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote