Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-26-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
anyone buy walking dead yet?
IGN said if you are expecting a game with action you wont be happy, it is a dialogue driven game, like the show. I will not be picking it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
It comes out like May 25th r something along those lines. Thats also the same day the batman game of the year comes out that will have the harley quinn DLC on it.
Yeah I think I am going to buy the GoY edition since I traded mine in for MW3 after I beat AC like three times. That game is ******* awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
IGN said if you are expecting a game with action you wont be happy, it is a dialogue driven game, like the show. I will not be picking it up.

Yeah I think I am going to buy the GoY edition since I traded mine in for MW3 after I beat AC like three times. That game is ******* awesome.
I played the demo and it reminded of Heavy Rain which is one of my all time favorites so if its half as good as that it will be worth the 20$ for all 5 episodes.

Have you heard what the G.O.Y $ will be? I've not played AC yet so i'll be getting it for sure.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be $59.99 for the G.O.Y.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else get The Witcher 2? All I have to say is hot damn. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a pure fantasy RPG this much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Anyone else get The Witcher 2? All I have to say is hot damn. It's been awhile since I've enjoyed a pure fantasy RPG this much.
I've been considering it but never actually ended up buying it. I will probably get it used down the line cheap, I'm probably going to get Dark Souls and beat that soon.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I've been considering it but never actually ended up buying it. I will probably get it used down the line cheap, I'm probably going to get Dark Souls and beat that soon.
I still haven't beat Amalur...but as soon as I beat that DS is next on my long ass list lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two very different types of games(although you could argue they fill a similar niche), but two very worthwhile ones too. The combat in Dark Souls is easily my favorite in a game in this console cycle.

The storytelling in The Witcher 2 is fantastic. It's sort of an evolved, more mature version of the Bioware approach. Really refreshing to have a game with a focus on a deep, interactive story not go with "PRESS A TO BE A DOUCHE OR PRESS B TO BE GOOD". Beyond that, it doesn't really feel like the choices you make are necessarily right or wrong either. I can already tell that I'm going to be replaying this game a whole ton and going down different paths, something I never really felt compelled to do with similar titles. All of the forks in the road I've come across seem viable...and all make pretty big differences.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reserved my copy of AC III and Halo 3.

Got my copy of Game Informer in today as well...saw they're remaking DMC...but its 100%NY different...at first I said it looked like crap but I think its just my attachment to the series

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard anything about Madden yet? I haven't bought it since 07 so I think I'm due.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Madden yet? I haven't bought it since 07 so I think I'm due.
Megatron is on the cover and they're making a lot of changes:
http://www.operationsports.com/news/...ation-trailer/

Computer defense will work differently, play action won't be a sack everytime, Jim nantz and Phil Simms as the announcers and the pass trajectory will hopefully fix LBs batting down every pass unless you make the pass a lame duck that floats over everyones head. I'm excited

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be buying it because I'm a sucker

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to get it! I look forward to seeing the new rookies every year and this year won't be any different.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
any news on whether you'll be able to play actual games occasionally without the game melting your console?
I thought I was the only one. Yea the freezing mid game needs to stop, Thatcherite fix it

Old 05-05-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I promised myself I wasn't going to buy Madden or NCAA this year, but I think I might end up being suckered in. The passing trajectories were a BIG complaint of mine, along with the Super Linebackers. If those two things end up getting fixed and you can actually pass the ball in a manner that isn't gamey as ****, I might bite. I'll wait until it gets out in the wild and the word of mouth comes out for sure though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another big change in Madden is that the receivers and defenders actually have to be ready for the ball in order to catch it. The ball will no longer ghost through a player's head into his hands. Defenders can't just blind swat when they are turning and running like they used to. They have to track the ball. I haven't seen gameplay videos on that stuff to see how sensitive that it is yet. I'm also interested in the QB actually doing his 3/5/7 step drop automatically if you don't move him after the snap. Should make it easier to realistically time real plays. Its also cool that they made it possible to abort runs and play action to avoid being nano'd. You're no longer locked into the animation.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Bioshock Infinite ended up getting delayed into 2013 and won't be shown off at E3/any where else. Kind of sucks a little bit, but I have a whole lot of faith that the game will end up turning out great. They seem to think that they can make the game a whole lot better with the extra time and I've heard that some of the things that made the first Bioshock so iconic came together late in development as well, so I guess there's that at least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's plenty of games on the schedule to occupy me will Bioshock Infinite comes out, but it is one of my most anticipated games. What I've seen of the game looks very promising. Good things come to those who wait, right? (fingers crossed)
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More DLC to enjoy before the true ending.

Quote:
A source at Electronic Arts has let me know a bit of information concerning a future DLC pack for Bioware’s Mass Effect 3! Entitled the “Rebellion” and includes a bevy of ridiculously awesome stuff!
Quote:
The “Rebellion” Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade’s jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons as well as equipment, consumables, and six new classes: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard.

Included are two new maps: “Firebase Jade’s” jungle reservoir & Firebase

Goddess on Thessia
In-game reinforcements have three new weapons along with equipments/consumables

And the biggest surprise, 4 new classes: Vorcha Soldier & Sentinel, and Phoenix Adept & Vanguard
Oddly enough, I was told that there would also be Quarian Engineers and Infiltrators, but those classes are already in the mix. I can only assume and hope they meant Turian and it was a simple error in writing! Needless to say, I’m a sucker for Vorcha, and getting to roam around the already solid maps with them should be a blast! Not to mention that mysterious “Phoenix” class!
While no release date or price (if there is one) was annonuced, but be sure to check back with Front Towards Gamer as it looks like Bioware has several surprises still in store for Mass Effect fans!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, if I had to pick a single title to be an absolute lock to be good, that would be it. There's still plenty coming out this year though.

Anyway, I finished The Witcher 2 last week. I really, really enjoyed it.
It wasn't without issues, but most of them were minor. The difficulty curve was particularly flawed for me. It started off far more challenging than it ended up being at the end. I really liked how it gave you so many resources(alchemy, crafting items, magic) and forced you to use them at the start, but I found myself having less and less cause to make use of those options after the first act. The pacing seemed a little off in the third act as well, with the game concluding before it seemed like it should.

In the end, those things didn't really deter me from enjoying the game. It's easily one of the best games I've played in the year thus far and something I highly recommend to people who enjoy the type of games Bioware puts out. It's mature, choice and consequence approach to storytelling was really refreshing when compared to the good/evil point system that has become standard. The combat was solid too, with a variety of ways to approach combat that all felt satisfying.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never bought a single AC game because my roommate always picked them up, and I got to fool around on them once he was done. I never truly loved them but I am certainly picking this one up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It looks fantastic. I'm so happy about the direction they've decided to take. I really loved the entire Assassin's Creed 2 arc, but I was starting to get worried about where it was headed. There was some sequelitis starting to set in for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-11-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

madden trajectory crap is bull and recycled. They already had that, tap the pass button it floats, smash it line drive. You can even change it a bit mid air or pre release, buy moving the left stick.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
madden trajectory crap is bull and recycled. They already had that, tap the pass button it floats, smash it line drive. You can even change it a bit mid air or pre release, buy moving the left stick.
I remember that..push the stick up and you'd get a high pass, in front of the receiver(which they never caught), behind the receiver, low pass....or if it was a deep ball it wouldn't bullet it it would arc it a bit.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

Never bought a single AC game because my roommate always picked them up, and I got to fool around on them once he was done. I never truly loved them but I am certainly picking this one up.
I'm buying it for sure, this and Bio-Shock are must buys. Also, I am praying for a scene like this:

Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
So right now we would have six. If I started a thread I'm sure we could get more.
Where is the thread? I want in.

Am I too late?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote