Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Personally, while I almost always am an advocate of trading down, I'd rather not gamble on missing out on Tannehill and Weeden which I think is possible in this scenario. If the staff feels strongly about either player, I think it would be wiser to take one at 8 regardless of how much it might be a "reach." I would be a fan of that draft though.
Totally agree with everything you said. I think 8 is the spot for Taneyhill. If he is gone, you look to move down unless somehow one of the "big six" drops to 8.. May not have a partner though. If thats the case, I think DeCastro would be the BPA.. That being said, I don't think there is a chance in hell Ireland takes him due to the backlash... Starting to smell like Coples at 8 if they do not move and Taneyhill is gone..
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

dolfan75071 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have added another draft scenario. One where we miss on Tannehill and trade down. There will be other trade down chances but this one has a chance. They are posted here. Let me know what you think of scenario 2.

http://www.nfldraftfan.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=81

I would like us to be able to get Tannehill but I do not want to trade up to get him. I am starting to feel like if Cleveland doesn't grab him then KC or Arizona may trade up to Jax spot and get him.
dolfan75071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would DEFINITELY approve that scenario 2! I'm not the biggest Cousins fan, but Mayock seems to like him a lot, and honestly that's good enough for me.

Especially if we can grab Sanu with that other pick, and the rest of the picks are not too shabby either. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

I am torn because I feel like Tannehill will eventually be a great QB but not right out of the gate. So I feel like if he's there we need to take him at 8. If someone moves up or the Browns take him then we need to change focus and try to move down.

And on another note I love Mercilus, Toon and Sanu. I imagine Mercilus and Wake on opposite sides rushing the QB. Then Sanu, Toon Gates and Bess on our 4 WR set.

So I think I am leaning to Scenario 2 also.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

I've been going over the Miami depth chart trying to get a feel for who we've signed and if there are glaring holes. The 2 holes I see besides needing a franchise QB are at WR and OG. I would say the needs are in order of QB, WR and G tied, then pass rusher.

With that said, IMO if we draft Tannehill 1st, then in looking at how the draft may fall there will be Sanu, Randle, Curry, McClellin and OG Zietler may be there at our spot in the 2nd. Who do you take given the depth chart holes?

I really like McClellin but feel the fins may go after WR Sanu or Randle here but it may be a toss up. They could get AJ Jenkins and Nick Toon in the 3rd and grab McClellin at 42. I keep thinking I would love to see Toon and Sanu in Dolphins uniform so I am hoping we grab Sanu at 42 and then Toon at 72. At 73 since we passed up pass rusher I hope Bruce Irvin is vailable.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a QB and a WR with our first two picks. I feel like those are the two biggest needs. Ideally, for me, it would be Ryan Tannehill in the 1st and Rueben Randle in the 2nd. That would be incredible!!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be happy with the draft if we came out of it with Tannehill or Weeden honestly. Anything after that would be icing on the cake haha. I have faith in this staff's ability to make mold OL and WRs and get more production out of them than their natural abilities might suggest. That being said, if I were scripting this draft it would be QB, pass rusher, WR, and OL with our four top 100 picks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

For me, it's gotta be QB and WR with our first two picks, whichever order. I'm hoping for either a Tannehill/Randle or Floyd/Osweiler combo.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

I know this may be an unpopular position on the board, but I am rooting for and am very confident in Jeff Ireland for this draft.. I think the more and more info being put out there leads me to believe that this guy really is a good evaluator and may be getting his bearings into becoming a good GM. Unfortunately, he is in a bad spot this yr. The world expects him to get a QB no matter what. The problem is that there is no way in hell Tannehill is worth the #3 overall pick. I would be furious if he paid a heavy price to go get a guy who will have to sit at least 1 yr and probably 2.. At most, if they had to trade one of their 3's to move up a couple spots, I would consider it..

In my mind, he has a few choices:

1. Wait til #8. I think if he does wait, he will have the opportunity to get Tannehill there. IMO, he has to take him at #8 if he is there. My personal opinion is Weeden will be better, but I think he will get lynched if Tannehill makes it to 8 and does not take him.

2. Trade down and try to get him a little lower. I think that in most yrs, they are in a great trading zone.. Jax and Miami are great spots for people to come up and get the next wave of players after the "big 6". Coples, Cox, Barron & Ingram are going to be sought after by teams in the teens.. If they were confident that Tannehill would get through KC and Sea, they could take a shot and see if they can pick up some extra choices and still nab him closer to where he really belongs.. Dream scenario would be to move to 15 with Philly, pick up a #2 and still get Tannehill at #15.. Don't think this is going to happen, but I can dream..

3. Take the defensive player. He could get ready for the bullets to fly with this one if Tannehill is still there, but he could just take Coples or another defensive player with the pick and try to grab a qb in rd 2 or moving back up in rd 1. If they were to get Weeden as the QB in this scenario, I would be fine. But, I am not in on Osweiler or Cousins. Neither one does anything for me, especially Osweiler...

I think at this point, these are the possibilities. The scenarios that have Miami taking a WR or Ol in rd 1 don't make sense to me. Unless you are drafting a Calvin or Andre Johnson type, wrs are not worth spending top 10 choices on.. And they just cannot allocate another high pick and salary cap $$ to the OL unless they planned on Jake Long being sent packing (which is not happening)

Let me know what you think guys...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Its gotta be Floyd, Coples or Tannehill at 8, just not sure which one. Id be all for trading down and seeing if any of them fall, if not, take Fleener or Wright.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ireland said during his PC today that he wants the 8th pick to be a guy who can come in and make an impact right away. Now that could be a whole lotta something or just a whole lotta nothing but if its true, I dont really see Tannehill being the guy.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

You can never trust what Ireland says this time of year. Remember the "Pillar of Defense" comment, right before he took Jake Long. Yeah.

I'm starting to lean towards another player other than Tanny right now too, but you just can't read into these comments at all.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

This board is completely dead. Where is everyone? Draft day is here. Lets get on here and do this!! Everyone and their mother has Tannehill going to us at 8 and while its not a perfect scenario, I really think that he has a chance to be a pretty good player and is not as big a reach as everyone says. Remember, Philip Rivers sat for 2 yrs in SD and he went 4th...
Old 04-26-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really hoping for one of the WRs with our first pick. I know everybody and their dog has us taking Tannehill, I think there's better QBs next year and we'd be better off taking a weapon so that whoever we grab next year has somebody to throw to.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Tannehill honestly. I'm not overly high on all the QBs for next years draft plus I think we'll be in a similar position next year where we win enough games to be out of the elite QB range but not good enough to make the playoffs. The only WR I'd be okay with at 8 is Blackmon but I don't think he'll make it that far. I honestly don't know that there is any player other than Tannehill and Blackmon that would excite me at 8. I'm totally braced for us to come up on the board with Tannehill and Blackmon available and we turn around and draft Mark Barron.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its go time baby!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

I'm happy. I think we NEEDED Tannehill. No question he has the ability of a top ten pick. I'd sit him this ENTIRE year, then give him the reins after that. I'm very hopeful. We finally took a chance and didn't play it safe. No doubt I'm getting a Ryan Tannehill jersey baby!!

Now I am PRAYING that we get one of these guys with our 2nd rounder:

1. Reuben Randle
2. Courtney Upshaw
3. Stephen Hill
4. Coby Fleener
5. Alshon Jeffery
6. Jonathan Martin
7. Mohamed Sanu
8. Mike Adams
9. Cordy Glenn
10. Bobby Massie

Not gonna lie, as much as I hate the guy, I wouldn't be upset if we took a shot on Janoris Jenkins if he made it to 42. Just sayin..

Here's to a FANTASTIC Day two for our Phins!!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Wooo Tannehill! I'm rooting for Andre Branch, Bobby Massie, Jonathan Martin, or Amini Silatolu with our next pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hoping we get Randle today. Would also be happy with Silatolu.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Tannehill pick. He was probably my favorite prospect in the draft. So much was made of his performance last year but A&M receivers dropped a huge percentage of his passes. His upside is right up there with Griffin (who was really hyped up IMO). He has experience in a pro-style offense and his physical and mental attributes are top notch. In previous years it would have been considered a real reach but after last year everyone realizes the position is at a premium. He is better than Ponder/Gabbert and is almost on par with Locker who went 8 last year I believe.

Having Matt Moore/Garrard in front of him will insulate him from being forced into action to soon. This will give him more time to develop and build the team up around him.

Here is a statement from Sherman:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...tannehill.html

Good luck in the rest of the draft Dolphin fans...so stoked they picked up Tannehill!
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Really hoping for Vinny Curry today in rd 2. Focus on WR and OL in round 3 and 4. Would not mind a Courtney Upshaw either. Hoping no on Andre Branch. Think he is another Merling.... Would not even mind going BPA and taking a guy like Boykin or dare i say, Janoris Jenkins if the pass rushers are gone..
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

Love the Tannehill pick, the Jersey has been ordered.

As for 2nd round, Bobby Massie, Jonathan Martin, or Amini Silatolu will do for OL.
For WR I like Sanu, Randle and Quick as a dark horse.

BUT I would be extremely happy if we could get Fleener. He'd be a great weapon for Tannehill.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL, WR or pass rusher. Don't have too much of a preference as to who.

Randle would be pretty awesome though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Fan of the Tannehill and Martin pick. Hope that we FINALLY found ourselves a franchise QB. Really like his potential. Just hope the coaches dont screw up and put him in too early.

Kinda scratching my head on the 3rd round picks. Can anybody tell me the goods on Vernon? Doesnt seem much of a pass rusher threat that we need opposite of Wake. And I was kinda surprised with the Egnew pick. I thought we already had our mismatch/seam threat TE in Clay. Was thinking more in the later rounds when we would take a TE. Certainly not that early.

Day 3 we NEED to attack the WR's in the draft. Know its a deep class but damn. Was hoping we would draft a WR atleast by in the 2nd-3rd round.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh hate the Egnew pick so much.

Vernon has a ton of potential as a pass rusher, great physical tool set, great first step. Barely played this last year though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote