Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
About to write a post in the draft thread about how DeCastro needs to be the pick. Keep the hope alive brotha!
Amen. DeCastro needs to be the pick.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than trading out of the perfect spot at 14 to take DeCastro, I am liking how this Mock is shaping up...

DRAFT PICKS
1.26) Nick Perry, OLB, USC
2.48) Jerel Worhty, DE, Michigan State
2.61) Brandon Boykin, CB, LA Lafayette
3.81) LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
4.113) Philip Blake, C, Baylor

We still have 4th compensation pick, 5th, two 6ths and a 7th...

Every guy so far will see playing time.
Perry as pass rusher or Ryan style packages.
Worthy will start oppo Hatcher by the time the first game rolls around.
Boykin as a returner and the 4th corner.
James as a returner and 'change of pace' back or special packages.
Blake will beat out Costa or Killer Kowalski by the first game.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Latest 4 rounder

Round 1- Mark Barron- S- Alabama
Round 2- Shea McClellin- OLB- Boise State
Round 3- Derek Wolfe- DE- Cincinnati
Round 4a- Phillip Blake- C- Baylor
Round 4b- Ryan Broyles- WR- Oklahoma

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Latest 4 rounder

Never was a McClellin fan. Recently heard he had 3 concussions. That's no good.

The rest of that draft looks fine. I'd be happy overall.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Bonzai
Rookie

Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Latest 4 rounder

If that happened, i dont think you would be able to ask for better. Im on the mcclellin wagon! Sounds like he's sneaking into the 1st though so im pretty bummed he probably won't be there in the 2nd for us.
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Wolfe is not going to be on the board anywhere close to the 3rd round anymore. He may not even reach our 2nd rounder. New England has been connected to him with one of there 1st rounders. I doubt he goes that high, but stranger things have happened.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Final Draft

Round 1- Mark Barron - S - Alabama
Round 2- Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincinnati
Round 3- Philip Blake - C/OG - Baylor
Round 4a- Ryan Broyles - WR - Oklahoma
Round 4b- Ron Brooks - CB - LSU
Round 5- Emmanuel Acho - LB - Texas
Round 6- Junior Hemingway - WR - Michigan
Round 7- Cliff Harris - CB - Oregon
Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I look back I probably would go with a TE instead of Hemingway in the 6th. What do you guys think?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
Now that I look back I probably would go with a TE instead of Hemingway in the 6th. What do you guys think?
Give me Egnew in the 5th (if he is there) and Acho in the 6th
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
My Final Draft

Round 1- Mark Barron - S - Alabama
Round 2- Derek Wolfe - DE - Cincinnati
Round 3- Philip Blake - C/OG - Baylor
Round 4a- Ryan Broyles - WR - Oklahoma
Round 4b- Ron Brooks - CB - LSU
Round 5- Emmanuel Acho - LB - Texas
Round 6- Junior Hemingway - WR - Michigan
Round 7- Cliff Harris - CB - Oregon
That's a great draft. If we don't go DeCastro in round one this is one of the best possibly drafts we could have. I don't know if Brooks will be there that late, but other than that it seems realistic.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Working on my final mock.

Round 1- Michael Brockers- DT- LSU- Not a fan, but it seems like reality
Round 2- Brandon Boykin- CB- Georgia- Like D, I have a man crush on him
Round 3- Orson Charles- TE- Georgia- Athletic TE, time to start grooming for future

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I think will happen, not exactly what I would like to see happen.

1) Dontario Poe, DT, Memphis
I personally don't like the pick, I think the Garrett interview the other day is what sold me on this pick. He established multiple times that it was about game tape, which to me makes it seem like a smokescreen to not let teams think we are interested in Poe. I think he comes in and helps out the front 7 in multiple ways: He takes some pressure off Ratliff and upgrades our DE spot because Ratliff can now move over there.
In reality you could hypothetically be upgrading not just 1 starting spot but two for the price of one.
The last time we took a small school prospect in the first round..... It worked out pretty well for us. (D-Ware)

2) Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois
I personally like Mercilus but I'm really not sure if he pans out perfectly. With the sudden rise of Chandler Jones it means that someone has to fall, I think that guy is Mercilus. If we are truly worried about getting a contract extension with Mike Jenkins next year (and thereby plan to use the tag on him) that would mean Spencer is likely to walk.
I see a lot of talk here about potential and let me tell you Mercilus has a ridiculous amount of potential, he blew up this year against Big Ten Offensive lineman, which are known for being above average at worst.

3) George Iloka, S, Boise State
Jerry doesn't have a problem with trying out taller safeties (Pat Watkins). Iloka started for 4 years on College Football's most winningest team in those 4 years. Question the competition level all you want but Iloka made plays. He will fall because of his height but he has all the makings of a complete safety prospect if he gets in the right situation.

4) Phillip Blake, C, Baylor
We brought him in for a visit, I think that speaks volumes to how we feel about the guy, it will just be all a matter of timing on when he is picked.

4b)Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
Perfect mold for the slot receiver that we need and you can bet Garrett will be screaming for offensive help by this point in the draft.

5) Jayron Holsey, CB< Virginia Tech
I think failing the idiot test is the main and only reason he drops this far. With speculation that Janoris Jenkins might fall out of Round 2 growing that doesn't bode well for Holsey's stock at all. I think if he makes it here we jump on him.

6) Emmanuel Acho, MLB, Texas
The lesser of the two Texas Linebackers and I think the production of Tank Carder squeaks him above Acho. Provides depth and a PROVEN special teams player, as that is what he did for a year and a half at Texas.

7) Dustin Waldron, OT, Portland State
I think we consider the fact that we have 3 tackles on the roster at this point and bring in someone to Challenge Parnell for the backup spot. Addmittedly I don't know much about Waldron he just strikes me as a Dallas pick.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Cowboys Mock

1. DT Michael Brockers, LSU
2. CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
3. C Philip Blake, Baylor
4. RB Robert Turbin, Utah State
4. WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M
5. LB Tank Carder, TCU
6. CB Chris Greenwood, Albion
7. OT Josh Oglesby, Wisconsin

My 2 Round Mock

Round 1
1. Indianapolis - QB Andrew Luck Stanford
2. Washington - QB Robert Griffin III Baylor
3. Minnesota - LT Matt Kalil USC
4. Cleveland - RB Trent Richardson Alabama
5. Tampa Bay - CB Morris Claiborne LSU
6. St. Louis - WR Justin Blackmon Okla. St.
7. Philadelphia f/Jacksonville - DT Fletcher Cox Miss. St.
8. Miami - WR Michael Floyd Notre Dame
9. Carolina - DE Quinton Coples North Carolina
10. Buffalo - LB Luke Kuechly Boston College
11. San Diego f/Kansas City - S Mark Barron Alabama
12. Seattle - DE Melvin Ingram South Carolina
13. Arizona - OT Riley Rieff Iowa
14. Dallas - DT Michael Brockers LSU
15. Jacksonville f/Philadelphia - CB Stephon Gilmore S. Carolina
16. New York Jets - DE Chandler Jones Syracuse
17. Cincinnati - CB Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama
18. Kansas City f/San Diego - QB Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M
19. Chicago - DE Whitney Mercilus Illinois
20. Tennessee - OG David Decastro Stanford
21. Cincinnati* - OT Cordy Glenn Georgia
22. Cleveland - WR Kendall Wright Baylor
23. Detroit* - DE Nick Perry USC
24. Pittsburgh* - G Kevin Zeitler Wisconsin
25. Denver* - LB Dont’a Hightower Alabama
26. Houston* - DT Dontari Poe Memphis
27. New England - LB Courtney Upshaw Alabama
28. Green Bay* - LB Shea Mclellin Boise St
29. Baltimore* - C Peter Konz Wisconsin
30. San Francisco* - OG Amini Silatolu Midwestern St.
31. New England* - RB Doug Martin Boise St
32. New York Giants* - TE Coby Fleener Stanford

Round 2
33. St. Louis - DT Jerel Worthy Mich. St.
34. Indianapolis - WR Rueben Randle LSU
35. Minnesota - CB Janoris Jenkins North Alabama
36. Tampa Bay - LB Lavonte David Nebraska
37. Cleveland - QB Brandon Weeden Oklahoma St.
38. Jacksonville- WR Stephen Hill Georgia Tech
39. St. Louis - OT Jonathan Martin Stanford
40. Carolina - LB Zach Brown North Carolina
41. Buffalo - CB Josh Robinson Central Florida
42. Miami - QB Brock Osweiler Arizona St
43. Seattle- LB Mychal Kendricks Cal
44. Kansas City - DT Alameda Ta’amu Washington
45. Dallas- CB Brandon Boykin Georgia
46. Philadelphia- LB Ronnell Lewis Oklahoma
47. New York Jets- WR Alshon Jeffrey South Carolina
48. New England - DT Kendall Reyes UConn
49. San Diego - DE Andre Branch Clemson
50. Chicago - OL Jeff Allen Illinois
51. Philadelphia - CB Trumaine Johnson Montana
52. Tennessee - DT Devon Still Penn St.
53. Cincinnati - CB Alfonzo Dennard Nebraska
54. Detroit - OT Bobby Massie Ole Miss
55. Atlanta - DE Vinny Curry Marshall
56. Pittsburgh - OT Mike Adams Ohio St.
57. Denver - RB Lamar Miller Miami
58. Houston - OG Brandon Brooks Miami Ohio
59. PICK FORFEITED
60. Green Bay- LB Bobby Wagner Utah State
61. Baltimore - OG Kelechi Osemele Iowa State
62. San Francisco - LB Bruce Irvin West Virginia
63. New England- CB Casey Hayward Vanderbilt
64. New York Giants - WR Mohammed Sanu Rutgers

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My Cowboys Mock

1. DT Michael Brockers, LSU
2. CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
3. C Philip Blake, Baylor
4. RB Robert Turbin, Utah State
4. WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M
5. LB Tank Carder, TCU
6. CB Chris Greenwood, Albion
7. OT Josh Oglesby, Wisconsin
Sex besides round 1.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I have mine:

Round 1; Bobby Carpenter; LB; Ohio State
Round 2; Anthony Fasano; TE; Notre Dame
Round 3; Jason Hatcher; DE; Grambling State
Round 4; Skyler Green; WR; LSU
Round 5; Pat Watkins; S; Florida State
Round 6; Montavious Stanley; DT; Louisville
Round 7; Pat McQuistan; OT; Weber State
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
I have mine:

Round 1; Bobby Carpenter; LB; Ohio State
Round 2; Anthony Fasano; TE; Notre Dame
Round 3; Jason Hatcher; DE; Grambling State
Round 4; Skyler Green; WR; LSU
Round 5; Pat Watkins; S; Florida State
Round 6; Montavious Stanley; DT; Louisville
Round 7; Pat McQuistan; OT; Weber State
Now that's a draft. I doubt Jerry is smart enough to make that happen though...

Oh wait, it was your savior Bill Parcells and his perennial average/below average drafts.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Now that's a draft. I doubt Jerry is smart enough to make that happen though...

Oh wait, it was your savior Bill Parcells and his perennial average/below average drafts.
Yeah, and his way above average player development.

Romo
Witten
Colombo
Ratliff
Ware

So weep all you want but I was told JERRY was in charge of everything?

I mean, if Jerry picked Ware then he must have picked Carpenter.

Problem is mo-mo-s like you want to have it both ways.

But sadly, Jerry is an imbecile as a GM who runs/creates/micro manages a way below average football organization.

I am sure he will disappoint as always tonight.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Says the man that wanted Vontaze Burfict in the 1st ^^^

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote