Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...the Eagles traded Asante Samuel to the Falcons. For a 7th Round pick. And Asante re-structured his deal to something like 3 years/$18 million (which isn't bad at all for a player of his caliber). I'm not sure if it's just team-speak or what; but the Titans' local reporters are saying that the Titans never had any real interest in Asante.

For a 7th Round pick, I can't believe that we didn't make a move.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said on the Asante thread, I'm sure he had a list of a few teams he wanted to play for and would restructure in order to do so. The Titans were likely not on this list, and at what he is currently making there was no sense in expressing more interest if he wasn't willing to restructure
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard Wycheck's prediction?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but unrelated, Jim Wyatt was the writer that got to choose for the Titans on the ESPN mock draft thing today and he took Brockers for us.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard wychecks either, which is unusual
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One last guess. Based this a bit off of visits (found on TotalTitans.com), even though visits are sometimes just local guys, small school get-to-knows, or medical stuff. But we have drafted several guys who have visited.

1. Michael Brockers - DT
They brought in Brockers and Still for visits (both look solid to me), so maybe they look at DT in the first. I could have gone DE, but flipped a coin and Brockers. Grey wants big guys that can move, this is that guy. Mercilus is another guy they brought in I wouldn't be surprised seeing here. Also intrigued by Poe's potential.

2. Mychal Kendricks - LB
They brought him in and just recently talked about how they'd like a playmaker at LB. This guy is super athletic, and has shown he can play the run, drop in coverage, and rush the passer.

3. Dwight Bentley - CB
Fast outside or NB player. Small, but tough, maybe a bit like Cortland.

4. David Molk - C
Small, but plays strong. We obviously need to try to shuffle things in the middle. Titans brought in small school C Gino Gradkowski too.

5. Tim Fugger - DE
Undersized, but we need pass rush and this guy has the tools. Maybe he can add a dimension on passing downs like Klug did last year.

6. Matt Daniels _ S
Rising up boards according to NFL Draft Scout. Good size and tested well. Very productive.

7. Dale Moss - WR
Converted basketball played with only one year of experience, so he's raw. But in his one year he had 61 receptions for 949 yards and 6 TD's. 6-3, 213, and some of the best workout #'s of any WR according to NFL Draft Scout.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I would love this draft except for missing out on a DE that can help us right away.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kinda afraid Mychael Kendricks is gonna get drug around at the next level, even at WLB. He's got great closing speed and is a bullet when going in a straight line, but he gets swallowed by blockers and looks like he has trouble getting guys to the ground. Not sure if we'll go after him after dropping Rennie Curran after one season, but we did bring him in, so if we do take him, it's because they like his pass-rushing abilities.

I think Lavonte David is my favorite WLB prospect, but I still love Bobby Wagner though!

Getting a DT and DE in our first two picks is still my hope.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I would love this draft except for missing out on a DE that can help us right away.
Yeah that is a concern. I took the notion here that we don't "reach" for a guy at 20, if it is a reach. Then from a few other sources I've read, I went with their opinion that one of the guys we want at DE is likely not there at 52.

Thought about Malik Jackson, and I could swap him in the 4th or 5th easily. I think Fugger could help right away as a pass rusher, Wimbly and Morgan start. Ball and Douzable play there too (can't get too excited about either of those guys though). I'd be happier with Curry/Irvin/Jones/Perry/Branch if one was there at 52.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm kinda afraid Mychael Kendricks is gonna get drug around at the next level, even at WLB. He's got great closing speed and is a bullet when going in a straight line, but he gets swallowed by blockers and looks like he has trouble getting guys to the ground. Not sure if we'll go after him after dropping Rennie Curran after one season, but we did bring him in, so if we do take him, it's because they like his pass-rushing abilities.

I think Lavonte David is my favorite WLB prospect, but I still love Bobby Wagner though!

Getting a DT and DE in our first two picks is still my hope.
I thought Curran was released too quickly. Of course we didn't see him near as much as the staff did. But Kendricks is a much better athlete. And I saw Kendricks win his fair share of battles when getting blocked, and that's usually inside where he won't be roaming as free if he's at Will. He sometimes fought guys off, but also just used athleticism to beat the blocker. The guy can dip his shoulder, get under guys, and turn like some of the best DE's turning the arc as they say. That'll help him against blocks and rushing the passer.

I like David and Wagner too. Went with Kendricks based on the visit and how Mucnh recently talked about playmaking LB's. I give Kendricks a slight advantage over the other two there.

I want the DE/DT combo too (with the right guys). If Kendricks fell to the 3rd, that'd be great. Bill Parcells did a little draft thing on ESPN the other night, he had Kendricks as a 4th, but seeing mid 2nd to early 3rd round elsewhere.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I definitely agree with your grade. I've even seen some late 1st RD projections for him. Dude definitely has a skillset that separates him from the pack.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I ran a few simulations using drafttek.com.

With the first round I changed who we selected each time, and used that to see how it could effect the rest of our draft, here's what I found.

1) CB Stephon Gilmore South Carolina
2) DT Jerel Worthy Michigan St
3) CB/S Trumaine Johnson Arkansas State
4) DE Trevor Guyton California
5) S Duke Ihenacho San Jose St
6) TE Drake Dunsmore Northwestern
7) LB Jerry Franklin Arkansas

If we go Brockers:
1) DT Michael Brockers LSU
2) S Markelle Martin Ok. St.
4) DE Trevor Guyton Cal
5) S Duke Ihenacho San Jose St
6) TE Drake Dunsmore Northwestern
7) LB Jerry Franklin Arkansas

In the last scenario we traded down to the end of the 1st, picking up a 3rd along the way

1) DE Vinny Curry Marshall
2) CB Jayron Hosley VT
3) DT Brandon Thompson Clemson
4) SS Brandon Taylor LSU
5) OG Lucas Nix Pitt
6) LB Chris Galippo USC
7) DT Brett Roy Nevada
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

By the way guys, anyone opposed to me starting a brand new draft thread for draft chat and pick reaction here on the Titans discussion?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
By the way guys, anyone opposed to me starting a brand new draft thread for draft chat and pick reaction here on the Titans discussion?
No opposition here. Drew usually makes a full blown discussion thread a couple months before the draft so we can all look back and see how well we did, BUT HE FORGOT! WAY TO GO DREW! He probably won't care though, and he's at a friend's house right now anyway.

I didn't make one earlier since we already had the discussion going on here. It'll help to have a separate thread when other fans want to come in and give their two cents, so shoot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Jake Locker is the truth and Kenny Britt regains form and stays healthy our offense has no holes besides Amano and Harris. Hopefully we sign Jason Brown to replace Amano. Can't wait till the start of the season.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Is Jason Brown a FA? Has he visited?

I wonder if they look at someone on the roster to push for a starting spot.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Is Jason Brown a FA? Has he visited?

I wonder if they look at someone on the roster to push for a starting spot.
Jason La Confra said we have talked to him. Hopefully we sign, he is still young and was considered a top 5-8 center before last season.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I wonder what the story is on Brown? I thought he was good too, but he was released? hhhmmm
Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

He didn't play well last season, he was highly sought after being on the Ravens.

I wonder if maybe Matthews has improved enough to compete. We don't need a freak at Center, just someone with good technique and a good head on his shoulder
Old 05-03-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Someone mentioned Otto getting a chance at G. I wonder if him at RG and Harris at C would be an upgrade. Matthews looked kinda meh to me, but then again so has Amano.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Velasco is going to get a legit shot somewhere as well.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Almost forgot about Velasco. That dude is a better run blocker than Amano or Harris. He can maul fools. His feet are not that great though, so I wonder if he'll be a burden at pass protection.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

as long as we play the best guys we have, i dont care who they are
Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Work is overrated. Money is not :\
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my guess at the opening-day 53-man roster...

(starters in BOLD)
OFFENSE:
QB: Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker, Rusty Smith
RB: Chris Johnson, Javon Ringer, Jamie Harper
FB: Quinn Johnson
WR: Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Damien Williams, Lavelle Hawkins, Marc Mariani
TE: Craig Stevens, Jared Cook, Taylor Thompson
OT: Michael Roos, David Stewart, Byron Stingily
OG: Steve Hutchinson, Leroy Harris, Mike Otto
C: Fernando Velasco, Kevin Matthews, William Vlachos

No real roster-surprises at QB, RB, or WR. Because of our tough early schedule, I see the coaches going with Hasselbeck to start the season -- though I'd personally prefer to see Locker given his shot. At FB, the coaches seem to like Quinn, and he'll have an entire offseason to get on the same page with CJ. At TE, I see Stevens as the "starter" because of our base-package, but I think Cook will see more playing time. The OL is the most interesting variable this offseason, with both RG and C being up for grabs. In the end, I think that Harris and Velasco win those two spots; but I think we'll see the Titans carry an extra OL early on, simply because of the uncertainty surrounding the positions. [To be fair, only 7 OL will likely be on the active gameday roster, with Matthews and Otto being the likely backups because of their versatility.] As you can see, I think Amano is a cap-casualty after his poor play last season and the younger talent behind him at the position.

DEFENSE:
DE: Derrick Morgan, Kamerion Wimbley, Dave Ball, Leger Douzable, Pannel Egboh
DT: Jurrell Casey, Mike Martin, Karl Klug, Shaun Smith, DaJohn Harris
WLB: Will Witherspoon, Zach Brown
MLB: Colin McCarthy, Tim Shaw
SLB: Akeem Ayers, Patrick Bailey
CB: Jason McCourty, Alterraun Verner, Tommie Campbell, Coty Sensabaugh, Chris Hawkins
FS: Michael Griffin, Markelle Martin
SS: Jordan Babineaux, Robert Johnson

On the DL, there will be some interesting camp-battles for the depth roles. At DE, I think Douzable makes the team because of his run-stuffing abilities and his DE/DT versatility; and I see Egboh, because of his size and potential, besting the blue-collar rookie Scott Solomon for the final spot (though I foresee Solomon on the practice-squad with a chance to play later). At DT, the top 3 spots are secure with Casey/Martin/Klug. Apparently, Smith has re-dedicated himself this offseason; and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team because of his size. In the last spot, I think UDFA Harris surprises people. He had a mid-round grade but went undrafted because of health concerns that were later cleared-up. At LB, 2/3 of the equation is set. Because of his experience, I see Witherspoon as the "starter," but Brown will get plenty of playing time in nickel situations because of his speed and coverage abilities. No real surprises at CB, FS, or SS -- though the battle for the last CB spot could be interesting between Hawkins and Ryan Mouton. I'd rather go with Hawkins, who proved himself against the Saints last year. Notable cuts are Gerald McRath, SenDerrick Marks, and Ryan Mouton.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
K: Rob Bironas
P: Brett Kern
LS: Beau Brinkley
KR/PR: Marc Mariani
KR/PR: Kendall Wright

No surprises at K, P, or KR/PR. I do think that the rookie Wright will probably take the other returner spot because of his explosiveness as a playmaker, though the new kicking rules have reduced return opportunities. The only new addition is UDFA Brinkley, who should replace long-time long-snapper Ken Amato.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 05-06-2012 at 09:33 AM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Didn't we bring William Hayes back on a 1-year deal? It was like right before the draft.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.