Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-07-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
So, I'm trying to get a sense of the Bears plans at 19. Obviously defensive end is a big need. Is a corner a strong possibility there as well?

Having brought in Marshall, would they still seriously considering a receiver in the first?

Should any weight be given to the comments about them being happy with their current offensive line, or are they still likely to take a tackle there?
I don't believe Phil Emery is dumb enough to be content with the O-line. Lovie and Tice may be happy, but no way on the guy calling the shots.

I could see Michael Floyd being the pick if he's there, but I'm betting DE or OL.

I have a hard time seeing a corner being picked in the first. We mostly run zone. That'd just be a huge waste of a first round talent.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Floyd would be good enough value to make them go receiver. Do you think Gilmore (or another corner for that matter) would be good enough value to make them take a corner over an end like Mercilus, or a tackle like Adams or Martin?
Maybe Kirkpatrick, but I doubt it. Both Adams and Martin seem like late first guys at this point, and I don't see the Bears reaching for one of them. But Cordy Glenn is a legit possibility.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw an interesting mock to the bears:

1st: Quentin Coples DE: He scares me, he has excellent talent but his motor is hot and cold.

2nd: Jayron Hosley CB: He should be a good CB for our scheme, and possibly a real player in general.

3rd: Vinny Curry DE: They had him sliding, and I can definitely appreciate the dual pick up of two pass rushers. JPep wont play forever and this league requires you to rush the pass rusher. So I approve.

4th: Philip Blake Center: We need a Center prospect and Blake's a decent one.

5th: Tank Carder LB: A little youth to our LB corps. And with a name like Tank he should make a fine LB for us.

I really kind of liked this draft. It didn't exactly fix the offense, but the youth it brought to our Defense should keep us in the top ten for a while longer.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Maybe Kirkpatrick, but I doubt it. Both Adams and Martin seem like late first guys at this point, and I don't see the Bears reaching for one of them. But Cordy Glenn is a legit possibility.
Picking a late 1st guy at 19 isn't really a reach.

If I were to guess right now I think Konz will be the pick.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

So, say Merciulus, Perry, Adams, Martin, and Konz are all on the board. Your hunch would be Konz?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That would surprise me but I wouldn't hate it. I think if they wanted to slide Garza back to guard they would just plug Spencer in at C.

Supposedly Reiff is falling but it's most likely because no one wants him at LT. Rumor is Bills love Cordy Glenn and DeCastro won't get past Arizona. Don't think Martin is a Tice guy.

I think we're just too bare at Dline right now to go any other direction. I hate that we weren't more aggressive for Okoye.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New Bear Mock. Tell me what you guys think.

1. Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor
2. Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall
3. Mike Martin - DT - Michigan
4. DeQuan Menzie - CB - Alabama
5. Demario Davis - OLB - Arkansas State
6. Donald Stephenson - OT - Oklahoma
7. Dale Moss - WR - South Dakota State
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
New Bear Mock. Tell me what you guys think.

1. Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor
2. Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall
3. Mike Martin - DT - Michigan
4. DeQuan Menzie - CB - Alabama
5. Demario Davis - OLB - Arkansas State
6. Donald Stephenson - OT - Oklahoma
7. Dale Moss - WR - South Dakota State
I really like the first 2 picks. Id prefer we go UT over NT.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
That would surprise me but I wouldn't hate it. I think if they wanted to slide Garza back to guard they would just plug Spencer in at C.

Supposedly Reiff is falling but it's most likely because no one wants him at LT. Rumor is Bills love Cordy Glenn and DeCastro won't get past Arizona. Don't think Martin is a Tice guy.

I think we're just too bare at Dline right now to go any other direction. I hate that we weren't more aggressive for Okoye.
Garza played better at C last year then he ever did at OG. He was pretty terrible his last season at OG. I doubt he ever moves back there.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I really like the first 2 picks. Id prefer we go UT over NT.
Any reason why? I think Martin is an underrated DT in this draft.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Y2Jimmy0
Rookie

Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I think the only way the Bears don't take a DL in the 1st round is if Floyd or Reiff is available. Reiff is the only OL worth taking there. Martin and Adams are worth the 19th pick. The Bears will be going defense. Mercilus, Chandler Jones, someone like that. I would be perfectly fine with Mercilus in the 1st, but I would love to snatch up Fletcher Cox if he fell somehow. The people that want OL just because really need to do some research. Gabe Carimi is the starting RT. Garza is at C. I am pretty sure the Bears will have Eric Steinbach starting at OG next to Chris Spencer. I would agree that the Bears need a LT. The problem is that Reiff will most likely be gone and Martin and Adams are not worth the pick. I want a DE, and a DT in the first 2 rounds that will contribute right away. I think the Bears agree.
Y2Jimmy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
Any reason why? I think Martin is an underrated DT in this draft.
I think we need depth at UT. I feel Paea can move over to UT but I'd prefer another UT. I think Martin can help the team and I like him as a player though.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the Bears in the last forum mock and I only have a 7th rounder left at this point so I thought I'd get your guys evaluation of how I've done

19th :: Chandler Jones : DE : Syracuse
50th :: Mychal Kendricks : LB : California
80th :: Chris Givens : WR : Wake Forest
111th :: Billy Winn : DT : Boise State
124th :: Taylor Thompson : TE/DE : SMU

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this for the 2013 draft? I have no idea who those people are.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this for the 2013 draft? I have no idea who those people are.
nope, it's for this year's draft

Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

That would be pretty terrible. Jones would be a massive reach and isnt a great fit for our scheme. Kendricks is a reach too and we dont need to reach on a LB. I'd take one if it was great value though. Givens is an ok pick as is Winn.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
That would be pretty terrible. Jones would be a massive reach and isnt a great fit for our scheme. Kendricks is a reach too and we dont need to reach on a LB. I'd take one if it was great value though. Givens is an ok pick as is Winn.
Chandler Jones is a bit of a developmental prospect but he's not a reach at 19. He possesses great size with long arms, is physically strong, and has shown a good burst off the line. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves at this point, but his skill set compares favorably with someone like Justin Tuck.

I actually view Kendricks as good value at pick 50 and that's the reason I took him. He's coming off a tremendous year at California where he took home Pac 12 defensive player of the year honors. He is slightly undersized but the tape wouldn't suggest that. He can play sideline-to-sideline, is an explosive athlete, and appears to be pretty comfortable in pass coverage.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Chandler Jones is a bit of a developmental prospect but he's not a reach at 19. He possesses great size with long arms, is physically strong, and has shown a good burst off the line. He doesn't have a wide array of pass rush moves at this point, but his skill set compares favorably with someone like Justin Tuck.

I actually view Kendricks as good value at pick 50 and that's the reason I took him. He's coming off a tremendous year at California where he took home Pac 12 defensive player of the year honors. He is slightly undersized but the tape wouldn't suggest that. He can play sideline-to-sideline, is an explosive athlete, and appears to be pretty comfortable in pass coverage.
He's no where near the athlete that Tuck is. Jones isnt quick off the line, he is stiff and doesnt have closing speed. He tested far better then the tape shows. He's not a pass rusher. He'd be a better fit at UT for us. Look at the mold of DEs that are successful in our scheme and Jones is the opposite.

I dont dislike Kendricks but I dont see him as what we need in round 2. I think he would be a really good player for us but I'm not sold on us taking a LB that early.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Geno Hayes signing, we might not even take a linebacker in this draft until the later rounds.
From what I hear, they love Michael Brockers, but he might not be there, so Mercilus might be the first pick. I wouldn't be surprised if we also picked Trumaine Johnson in the 2nd.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Bears will go Brockers at 19, then take the highest rated WR, CB or OT available in 2nd-round (Think Alshon Jeffery/Rueben Randle, Jayron Hosley, Kevin Zeitler)
Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Phil Emery.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft can eat my ****. Can't believe we passed on Decastro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

That was definitely a head scratcher. I wouldnt have drafted him until round 3.

At least we dont have to watch Idonije.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Still going to be seeing a lot of this.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Still going to be seeing a lot of this.
Meh at least two of those guy won't be on the team next year.

I'm not happy with passing on DeCastro but his main weakness, trouble with size, is the strength of the interior lines in the division.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote