Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
It's quite awesome. I've always felt like Jack White was basically the White Stripes in and of himself but now I have full confirmation. He's simply one of the greatest musicians and artists of our time and I only hope I have the privilege of seeing him live.

Also, Alabama Shakes is ******* awesome. Can't believe I've waited this long to get into them.
Agreed on everything. I've listened to Blunderbuss a few times through now, and it's a really, really great album. Also listening to some Raconteurs earlier, good stuff as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I've thought about it for more than like a second I have actually seen Jack White live more than once. Both awesome experiences but what I meant was I hope I get to see him live as a solo act.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:00 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first harmony is brilliant. It's unfair that Bob Dylan can create half of an amazing song and just forget about it.

Although, I absolutely love Old Crow's final rendering. One of my favorite songs, and every time my friends and I go to our pool hall, we put it on the jukebox. It's like automatic now.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's quite awesome. I've always felt like Jack White was basically the White Stripes in and of himself but now I have full confirmation. He's simply one of the greatest musicians and artists of our time and I only hope I have the privilege of seeing him live.

Also, Alabama Shakes is ******* awesome. Can't believe I've waited this long to get into them.
I gave Blunderbuss a play through yesterday before the draft, definitely awesome, though not necessarily what I expected, if I'm being honest, which is probably why I like it so much. Also listened through the Stars and Satellites album by Trampled by Turtles, also very good. Its more of their slower music for much of the album, but they have a way of making everything work so well.

I haven't listened to AS in two days, I found the Lumineers, and like them more, honestly, but yes, they are awesome, and the next time I buy albums I'm buying their album and the Lumineers album, also maybe Fun.'s album.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Agreed on everything. I've listened to Blunderbuss a few times through now, and it's a really, really great album. Also listening to some Raconteurs earlier, good stuff as well.
It really is great music, the thing I like most about the album is that it is different from TWS and The Raconteurs. He sings with such an attitude in the album, its almost like he spits what he's saying in a few songs.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

The first harmony is brilliant. It's unfair that Bob Dylan can create half of an amazing song and just forget about it.

Although, I absolutely love Old Crow's final rendering. One of my favorite songs, and every time my friends and I go to our pool hall, we put it on the jukebox. It's like automatic now.

Old Crow is ******* sick, I've actually got quite a few people I know who don't like country, folk, or bluegrass that like these guys.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm not sure of a better place to post this, might post something simlar in the random thread, but my buddy that I'm going to Roo with and I are thinking about stopping in Nashville for a few hours when we go down to, or on the way back from Bonaroo. Anyone know of good places in the area to check out? Like places that have a bunch of people busking or a few coll places to check out?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pretty pumped for tonight. the order is pretty ridiculous tho so i have to sit through Ludacris in between Young the Giant and the Avett Brothers. whatever, if its free, its for me.

it would be cool if Ludacris performed his song from the Black Keys' BlakRoc with the Avett Brothers but thatll never happen

Last edited by TimD : 04-27-2012 at 09:04 AM.
TimD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A song so beautiful, it's practically painful to listen to

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume youve seen that recent video game commercial with that song. How ******* awesome was that? haha
Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, the original singer for Chiodos is back with the band. the 19-year-old me is pretty pumped.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Yes! Surprised to see it pop up here. I can't get enough of this song. Gotta go with the live version though.

Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I assume youve seen that recent video game commercial with that song. How ******* awesome was that? haha
Haha I saw it during South Park on Wednesday and the song has been stuck in my head ever since

Old 04-29-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gary Clark Junior- Don't Owe You a Thang.

Did anyone get to watch the free Jack White concert thing on youtube directed by Gary Oldman? Really regret missin that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Haha I saw it during South Park on Wednesday and the song has been stuck in my head ever since

Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Got my tickets in the mail today...JUNE 28

Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

After I sang this tonight, I was told it was my official karaoke song. The beauty apparently was matched, if not exceeded

Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did anyone get to watch the free Jack White concert thing on youtube directed by Gary Oldman? Really regret missin that.
This post is full of win. Gary Clark Jr. is someone I've been listening to a ton lately.

I didn't even know about the Jack White/Gary Oldman thing, but that sounds like the greatest thing ever. So much awesome...I'll have to see if I can't find a copy somewhere.

I get to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers tonight, I'm pretty excited. Really hoping they trend towards the older music though, I wasn't a fan of the new album. Would have preferred to see them with Frusciante, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
so, the original singer for Chiodos is back with the band. the 19-year-old me is pretty pumped.

I heard that too. That is one of my favorite songs of all time probably. I never really got into Chiodos much as a whole, but I LOVE a few of their songs.

Also <3 TSOAF while we're on the subject.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-30-2012 at 04:14 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Yes! Surprised to see it pop up here. I can't get enough of this song. Gotta go with the live version though.

Are you another bluegrass fan on here? I've noticed that the population has increased as I've gotten here. Old Crow, FTMFW!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I love that song, so ******* sick. I heard about the Jack White/Gary Oldman thing, but missed it too. Many dissapoints..

Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

So Young the Giant and the Avett Brothers were sick... I haven't gotten on here over the weekend because of watching the draft and being busy with my car and work (today) but that show was awesome. The David Mayfield Parade was really good too. Guy is a character who just so happens to shred on a ******* guitar. Very interesting live performance to say the least. Imagine if Zach Galifinakis could tear up a guitar and had a sick country band backing him, that would be the David Mayfield Parade. Real quirky and fun to watch, but a great, talented guitar player as well. I think I liked it more than Young the Giant, which was sick, they played so ******* tight (I'm sure Tim could attest to it). I just like that type of music a little more (not fully country, but has the feel to it) than what Young the Giant has.

But the Avett Brothers killed it. I had a ******* blast, my friend had a blast, and everyone around me who stayed after Ludacris came on came away impressed. I heard a few people say that was the best show they had ever seen, who hadn't even heard of them before. Great mix of their older and newer music, some sweet changes to their live versions of some of their songs, really just a great show, so glad I got to go. I got lucky and had a few peopel around me during their set who actually knew their songs and were dancing and jumping and freaking out with me, so that made it even better, the only thing that sucked is how jam packed everybody was, but honestly, IDGAF, it was a great show, my only ***** is that I wanted to hear more (and I'll be getting that at Roo, so woohoo). Not quite as good as the Of Monsters and Men show was, for me, but that is going to be tough to top for me.