Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-24-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think devon still is an utter bust in the first round. but i *hate* one year defensive linemen, almost as a rule.
I've found the 1-year-wonder rule to be very useful for screening out DL. Still has other question marks - I think he'll get pounded in the NFL unless he learns to keep his pads low and play consistently.

Quote:
barring no weird, unexpected drops, i really have no idea who i'd take at our pick right now. i just don't like anything that will likely be available.
There might be decent OL options there, especially if there turns out to be a run on pass rushers in the 10-20 range.

If we are willing to roll with the punches, I think we'll get someone good with our first pick. Otherwise, trade down to the mid-thirties and go more for need.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im hoping we can turn our first this year into a first next year... more than anything... at least, after my top 15 players.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i really don't like worthy. i don't know how he went from a 3rd round guy during the season, to a first round guy in the post season. i really want nothing to do with him or still based on what i saw on the field all year.
I was hearing he would be a top-15 pick all year, and it seems like he fell considerably due to work-ethic issues. I think Worthy is the best interior pass-rusher (besides Cox) in the draft, IF he plays up to his abilities. And that is a big if.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so utterly clueless as to what I think we are going to do in the draft. Every time I come up with a scenario I think of 3 more that are equally plausible. I am going to have an open mind this year. BPA All The Way.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
I am so utterly clueless as to what I think we are going to do in the draft. Every time I come up with a scenario I think of 3 more that are equally plausible. I am going to have an open mind this year. BPA All The Way.
It seems the team has been a lot more secretive this time around. We barely heard squat about team visits. My inner paranoid thinks this indicates some sort of big move in the draft, but I'm not buying the rumor about us moving up to grab Gilmore.

It will probably end up being a trade down then we'll have to wait until Friday to finally see a pick...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
It will probably end up being a trade down then we'll have to wait until Friday to finally see a pick...
Totally agree.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in line from about 5 PM, planning on waiting till midnight for my wristband.

When some lady came around and told me that I could get my wristband NOW if I spent $35 at the NFL pop up store a few blocks away, I hesitated but eventually jumped at the chance.

I buy a draft cap every year anyway.

TL;DR - I spent an extra $6 to avoid sitting in line with a bunch of drunk, cheap-skate new york sleazeballs for 5 hours.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
TL;DR - I spent an extra $6 to avoid sitting in line with a bunch of drunk, cheap-skate new york sleazeballs for 5 hours.
Money well spent.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Predictions, anyone?

All-too-vague thoughts:

1. We will not be picking at 25
2. Our first selection will be a CB if there is a legit prospect available
3. We will take a RB before we take a DT
4. We will draft a QB in round 4
5. One or more of our new additions will be from Boise State
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
All-too-vague thoughts:

1. We will not be picking at 25
2. Our first selection will be a CB if there is a legit prospect available
3. We will take a RB before we take a DT
4. We will draft a QB in round 4
5. One or more of our new additions will be from Boise State
i could see each one of those playing out.

from everything that i've gathered, i'd be surprised if we don't trade out of the 25th spot, unless kirkpatrick falls to us.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i can buy most of that. i hate mayock for putting out a mock that had poe falling to us. now i'm all hopeful.
The Eagles really like him and need the help on the inside. I'm sure there are others as well (e.g. KC). He's gone by the mid-first.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Prediction #1 is looking pretty good:

http://twitter.com/#!/1023ESPN/statu...27518991147008

Quote:
Our @1023ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter says the #Broncos have received multiple calls and will look to trade down out of #25
Someone looking for get ahead of Houston to take Fleener or a WR? Or maybe wanting to grab an OLB pass rusher before the 26-31 run wipes out that pool of prospects?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Typically I don't like trading down. But in this case, the Broncos best bet is to do so. I really don't like any of the players that are available at 25.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway=goat View Post
Typically I don't like trading down. But in this case, the Broncos best bet is to do so. I really don't like any of the players that are available at 25.
Pretty much. At the positions we have needs, 25 isn't much better than 35.

I really hope it's the Rams wanting to come back in to grab a receiver.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

we need to sit and see if we can grab decastro, upshaw, Hightower or cordy.

sent live from radio city
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

this is panning out brilliantly.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

we just swapped with new england
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Damn. We were so close to getting DeCastro.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
best draft ever so far. no crappy dts. no crappy rb in the first round. no ******* osweiler. i'm a happy man.
possibly the fastest first day i've ever attended. i was really hoping we'd grab one of the guys i had mentioned, but im ok with trading back, although we didn't receive anything of value.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we basically turned pick 25 into pick 36/101. We got murdered a little there according to the trade chart, the final trade with Tampa we shouldn't of swapped 4ths.

I guess EFX really didn't like anyone enough to draft them in the first, considering that we lost significant value in the trade downs.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
the trade chart's are out the window with the rookie scale in play. they're utterly meaningless at this point. look at the jags/bucs trade, or the browns/vikings trade.
Yep.

The guys we liked at #25 were gone and EFX felt confident the guys we wanted to take would be available at the top of the second. So we traded down.

3 teams pick ahead of us tomorrow. There are more than three prospects who were commonly mocked to us at #25 still available (e.g. Worthy, Still, Miller, Konz) and quite a few other options (Glenn, Martin, Adams, Upshaw, Fleener, etc). I'm wondering if we'll see a later pick burned to move up from #57 to take advantage of the situation.

I'd like to see us pick up Lamar Miller and Brandon Thompson in round 2. I still think CB is going to work its way in there, though.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

my dog posey passed away last night after a short battle with cancer. she was a 9 year old Bernese mountain dog who loved leftovers and was essentially an oversized goldfish when it came to retaining info.
po, you'll be missed and will live vicariously through devier posey.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

I want Cordy Glenn and Alameda Ta'amu.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
I want Cordy Glenn and Alameda Ta'amu.
A fine combination. Beef up both lines.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

For a team that wants to draft "BPA at a position of need", last night gives some insight into what those needs are...

Clearly we hung around at #25 to see what was going to happen with DeCastro and Reiff. So OL is definitely on the wish list. Going into round 2, we see these prospects still available that could've found their way into round 1:

Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia
Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern St.
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss
Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford

I particularly like the first two - big maulers who could add some push to our run game.

Obviously the team didn't like any DT or CB available at #25 and the picks made between #25 and #32 seem to confirm their thinking. The late run on RB's probably made them a little nervous, as I think we all know they like Miller in the 2nd.

I wonder if the team is currently working on a deal to get another 2nd rounder, as the value is there right now at the positions we need. We've certainly got the ammo to move up.