Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else think it would have been worth it to try and get back into the first round for DeCastro at 23???
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Does anyone else think it would have been worth it to try and get back into the first round for DeCastro at 23???
No, I don't think so. This is a deep draft for OG. It wasn't a dire situation where there would be no other choices.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
No, I don't think so. This is a deep draft for OG. It wasn't a dire situation where there would be no other choices.
All I keep hearing about DeCastro especially was how can't miss he was and the relative low price for moving around in this draft would have made it enticing to pick up and basically own an entire side of our offensive line for the next ten years. I think we definately might have been able to pick that pick up for the 3rd/4th and 2nd next year. To me. That's a pretty fair price for an All-Pro guard. Which is how he's being projected.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
All I keep hearing about DeCastro especially was how can't miss he was and the relative low price for moving around in this draft would have made it enticing to pick up and basically own an entire side of our offensive line for the next ten years. I think we definately might have been able to pick that pick up for the 3rd/4th and 2nd next year. To me. That's a pretty fair price for an All-Pro guard. Which is how he's being projected.
Without a 2nd round to use to move up, we would've had to given up the rest our draft to get back in the 1st.

If he really was as good as they hype suggested, he would've been taken a lot earlier... hell, if he really was that good of an athlete, he would've been a Tackle. We already signed 2 OGs in FA, so there was definitely not a dire need to move up for DeCastro.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have been ok with DeCastro at 14 honestly, but trading up without a 2nd rounder was just not going to happen. I know the value of trades was different but not interested in giving up the rest of the draft for something we didn't need.

We need more defense. I'd like another RB, WR, and interior O-line but the defense was so bad I'd rather address D-line and maybe Safety before looking offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I would have been ok with DeCastro at 14 honestly, but trading up without a 2nd rounder was just not going to happen. I know the value of trades was different but not interested in giving up the rest of the draft for something we didn't need.

We need more defense. I'd like another RB, WR, and interior O-line but the defense was so bad I'd rather address D-line and maybe Safety before looking offense.
YES! I want Robert Turbin so bad.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

September 5th can come soon enough. I can't wait to see our new toys in action. Carr harrassing Nicks up and down the field and MO making sure we don't see the salsa dance.

I'm completely mentally checked out from the rest of the world right now. All I can think about is the possibilities in Dallas.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone good with sigs? I could really go for a Carr/Claiborne
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Second that! I need a Sig!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Wait til after Draft weekend is over and then ask if someone can make it over in the sig request thread.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our 1st round picks the last few years have been orgasmic. Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, just some really good talented players. I know I have a bunch of Nike jerseys to buy this year. Demarco, Mo, Dez, time to start stocking up!

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our 1st round picks the last few years have been orgasmic. Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, just some really good talented players. I know I have a bunch of Nike jerseys to buy this year. Demarco, Mo, Dez, time to start stocking up!
I am excited to see how the 2nd and 3rd round plays out. I think we somehow get back into the 2nd to grab a pass rusher.

I didn't really feel like the Cowboys would be able to revamp the defense into a title contending type defense in just one year, but they are pretty close to accomplishing just that.

We have already upgraded the secondary in a huge way. If we can get a guy that will win some one on one battles and sack the QB I think this defense has the chance to be really good.

Add a center that won't snap the ball over Romo's head every other play, and I will have high hopes for the upcoming season.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
I am excited to see how the 2nd and 3rd round plays out. I think we somehow get back into the 2nd to grab a pass rusher.

I didn't really feel like the Cowboys would be able to revamp the defense into a title contending type defense in just one year, but they are pretty close to accomplishing just that.

We have already upgraded the secondary in a huge way. If we can get a guy that will win some one on one battles and sack the QB I think this defense has the chance to be really good.

Add a center that won't snap the ball over Romo's head every other play, and I will have high hopes for the upcoming season.

I agree. I've also seen us trade back and trade back and get a bunch of guys who get cut, so if we can get into play early tonight(and I mean by packaging picks, not Jenkins) I am all for it. Getting Mo, I am realistically hoping we get 1 more starter out of this draft. Anything more then that is erring on the side of wishful thinkings.

All you have to do is look back at previous drafts to see that. The rumors of moving Jenkins will never come to anything either. Sure we'd do it for one of these early 2nd round picks but nobody wants him that bad. His ****** season was more recent then the pro bowl season, last year he got hurt everytime he jumped in the air, and he's still re-habbing.

More realistically it'd be a 4th, in which case he's more valuable to us. I like Jenkins too but if someone wanted to give up a 2nd seeing as how were not going to re-sign him then sure, by all means, but anything less then a late 2nd and he'll be back.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Ellis ‏ @DCStarJEllis Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Stephen Jones said he doesn't expect to trade back into the second round.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I talked to Ryan Broyles dad today, He said he thinks we will draft him tomorrow if hes still avalible. Im telling you guys, if we get Broyles with a 4th youll love him. That would be a steal!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I talked to Ryan Broyles dad today, He said he thinks we will draft him tomorrow if hes still avalible. Im telling you guys, if we get Broyles with a 4th youll love him. That would be a steal!
Pocketrockets with the insider info! Love that. They sound like Cowboy fans. He's got clutch hands... I think 4th round sounds about the right value.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

In the 4th hell yea, sign me up. I just don't want him in the 3rd. Or by trading up. He is a much better talent then a 4th rounder anyway and he fits the slot perfectly.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broyles in the 4th? Man he really shouldn't even last that long. Dude was a legit 1st rounder before the injury, and to me guys like that shouldn't drop that far.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still suspect we do something tonight besides just sitting at 81.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I still suspect we do something tonight besides just sitting at 81.
I'll be holding onto my seat just in case! :D
Old 04-27-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Broyles in the 4th? Man he really shouldn't even last that long. Dude was a legit 1st rounder before the injury, and to me guys like that shouldn't drop that far.
I agree. But the injury gives pause for some concern especially for a smaller quick WR who uses his cutting ability. That, and I just want to still focus on D. I've said all a long I could walk into next season with what we have on offense now if we added 3 or so guys on the defensive side who can start/contribute heavily.

We can use offensive upgrades, but we'll score points regardless. I want to get back to holding teams under 20 points a game. Or at least make some crucial stops in the 4th quarter.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy I'm keeping an eye on is Tank Carder. I have no idea how people aren't raving like crazy about him. The dude has smart instincts, and he's very fast on the field. After that Rose Bowl performance I was certain he'd be hailed as a first or second round guy. I understand that there is Bruce Carter and Connor, and I am truthfully excited at them battling it out for the starting spot. But if Tank Carder is a freaking 6th rounder that has steal written all over it. The dude can play. It's a shame he's being slept on.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I just wanted to throw it out there but Jacoby Jones makes a lot of sense for us. Depth at WR and a return guy, it'd likely only be a 5th rounder. Just an idea to think about.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just wanted to throw it out there but Jacoby Jones makes a lot of sense for us. Depth at WR and a return guy, it'd likely only be a 5th rounder. Just an idea to think about.
As long as the deal doesn't include Mike Jenkins, by all means go ahead.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am out on Jacoby. He cost them a playoff game. He was given a chance to take over several times, but never made a move.

I would rather let someone else try. Jacoby just doesn't do it for me.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote