Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually love these picks so far. Yeah, Jenkins is a risk, but Fisher coached Pac-Man, and did a great job, and I think its worth the risk. I would have prefered to see the linebacker from Nebraska, but he is still on the board, so maybe we get him at 45. And a Wide Receiver at 33, FINALLY!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is predicting Lavonte David in the 3rd for the Rams. I'm going to go with James-Michael Johnson.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pead rounds out the second round for the Rams, I like the selection. Should help add another dimension to the Rams as a change of pace 'back and returner. Not sure if he is the heir to SJ but he'll help him out in the here and now.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers just drafted LaMichael James to pair with Gore, Jacobs, and Hunter.

Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Michael Brockers clogging the middle of your line.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trumaine Johnson was the Rams 3rd round selection.

Clearly the Rams are going BPA, and I love it. Johnson ha ssome off the field issues like Jenkins but both have all the talent in the world, and Johnson is versitle, can play safety as well. If and I know that's a big IF we get them both to get their head on straight, our secondary is sick, add that with Brockers and the two stud Defensive Ends. I LOVE what we are doing on defense.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I jus wanted to let u know Brian quick is a very good friend of mine and the most physically talented guy I ever met and a very hard worker. He is happy as hell to play for you guys I promise he is a steal, we begged him to play football all through high school and he finally decided to his senior year and he is in the ****** NFL NOW.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Trumaine Johnson was the Rams 3rd round selection.

Clearly the Rams are going BPA, and I love it. Johnson ha ssome off the field issues like Jenkins but both have all the talent in the world, and Johnson is versitle, can play safety as well. If and I know that's a big IF we get them both to get their head on straight, our secondary is sick, add that with Brockers and the two stud Defensive Ends. I LOVE what we are doing on defense.
Yep, love it. Great value, better at that point than the LBs and OGs on the board. With Jenkins competing to start at corner and Trumaine providing either depth or moving to safety, the Rams should be very tough on defense.

Offensively, let's just hope Quick proves the Rams saw something great in him. Love the size and athletic ability, hopefully he can come in and compete right away despite coming from a App State.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I jus wanted to let u know Brian quick is a very good friend of mine and the most physically talented guy I ever met and a very hard worker. He is happy as hell to play for you guys I promise he is a steal, we begged him to play football all through high school and he finally decided to his senior year and he is in the ****** NFL NOW.
We are excited to have him! Dude gonna be a beast with Bradford!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Michael Silver is knocking it out of the park with Rams draft articles. This one really gets me even more excited about the Quick pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...carolina-.html
Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Michael Silver is knocking it out of the park with Rams draft articles. This one really gets me even more excited about the Quick pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...carolina-.html
I'm tellin you he is a monster, he is all the way ready
Old 04-28-2012, 04:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

My top 10 players left for Rams:

1. James Michael Johnson LB
2. Chris Givens WR
3. Alameda Ta'amu DT
4. Bobby Massie OT
5. Joe Looney OG
6. Nigel Bradham LB
7. Ladarius Green/Taylor Thompson
8. Joe Adams WR
9. Brandon Washington OG
10. Marvin Jones WR
Old 04-28-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Another Silver piece on the Rams and Day Two of the Draft...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ra...ble-pick-.html
Old 04-28-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These articles have me confident as **** in this new regime. Seriously. I'm ******* giddy right now.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Add Chris Givens from Wake Forest to the offense. Really liking this draft overall for the Rams.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Givens was graded as a 2nd/3rd round pick by most sites.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Givens was graded as a 2nd/3rd round pick by most sites.
Early thoughts on 2012 receiving unit?

Quick, Givens, Smith, Amendola, Salas, and either Pettis/DX.

Churning the water at the top, I like it.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDZZZZZZ ZZ! And no, I am not saying that like the Oakland Raiders. We are taking some risk guys but I love it, coaches confident that they can get their stuff together....
Old 04-28-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Early thoughts on 2012 receiving unit?

Quick, Givens, Smith, Amendola, Salas, and either Pettis/DX.

Churning the water at the top, I like it.
Yeah I actually think Pettis is either going to be traded for a late 7th or cut. and the final spot will be between Gibby and DX.

Pettis just can't seperate in the NFL. That was his major problem in college. And I'm rooting for DX, his talent is obvious I just hope he can stay healthy but I'll give the advantage to Gibby because at least you can count on him....even though I'm pretty sure Jason Smith could beat him in a foot race.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this draft. We had to fill a couple of needs, we did that early, and went BPA for the rest of the draft. While the "experts" questioned our decisions, I believe that this draft dramatically increased our talent level.

1) We now have three fresh, explosive weapons for Sam to play with.

2) Our defensive line is now a force to be reckoned with, and I am excited to see how Waufle mixes and matches the front 7.

3) Our secondary is now as talented as any in the league. Raw, but talented.

4) I was a little disappointed that a couple of guys I really liked got nabbed up right before we picked, namely Lavonte David (who Fisher acknowledged targeting) and TY Hilton, but Givens and Johnson were nice consolation prizes.

5) The kicker we took, Greg Zuerlein from Missouri Western, was 23 of 24 in FG's last year with a long of 58.

6) Darryl Richardson, RB, Abilene Christian, is the brother of Bernard Scott, who plays for the Bengals.

7) Does anyone know anything about Watkins or Brown? Please share.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

K Josh Brown will be released.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have signed 3 undrafted free agents, all in the secondary.

Jose Gumbs, SAF, Monmouth
Matt Daniels, S, Duke
Jeremy Caldwell, CB, EKU

Coincidence? Here is what I found on them.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...content=Giants

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...0/matt-daniels

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/...for-nfl-calls/

And, just for what it's worth, Vontaze Burfict signed with Cincinnati, while Cliff Harris signed with Philly. My money says that Cliffy makes the team, while Burfict goes on to get lots of unsportsmanlike conduct flags in Canada.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
K Josh Brown will be released.
Was he due to make a lot of money?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I meant to post this earlier. It looks like our list is growing quickly.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-...ed-free-agents
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-cen...7-95a0bc0ecbec

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-cen...9-5afbd612b0b6

These just get me excited!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

UDFA list:

UDFA's:
QB Austin Davis, Southern Mississippi
RB Calvin Middleton, Jacksonville State
FB Todd Anderson, Michigan State
TE Cory Harkey, UCLA
TE DeAngelo Peterson, LSU
T Joe Long, Wayne State
T Michael Hay, Syracuse
C T-Bob Hebert, LSU
DT Matt Conrath, Virginia
LB Derrick Choice, Stephen F. Austin
LB Sammy Brown, Houston
LB Noah Keller, Ohio
LB Alex Hoffman-Ellis, Washington State
CB Jeremy Caldwell, Eastern Kentucky
S Rodney McLeod, Virginia
S Matt Daniels, Duke
P Johnny Hekker, Oregon State
LS Travis Tripuka, Massachusetts

Bold are the guys I think have the chance to make the Final 53.