Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 12-18-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Cardsfan1539
Rookie

Cardsfan1539 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Cardsfan1539 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2012 NFL Draft

Who do you think are some realistic targets for the Cardinals in the 2012 Draft?

Riley Reiff is my top realistic prospect. I'd clearly take Matt Kalil over him, but he may be gone by the 3rd pick.

When I look at Jonathan Martin, all I see is Levi Brown, and that terrifies me.

Other than OL, maybe a linebacker prospect like Vontaze Burfict. Not only is he a local kid, but he plays and acts like a Ray Lewis. Schofield, Burfict, Washington, and Acho, would give us the best, young LB corp in the NFC.

Alshon Jeffery would also be a good pick. Clearly our 3rd round WRs aren't cutting it, and Larry is getting double team every play. Another great target could really help Kolb/Skelton stretch the field.

Thoughts?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick needs to be OL, obviously we aren't getting Kalil without trading up so my main targets are Riley Reiff & David DeCastro

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 man BB

Andrew Luck
Matt Kalil
Robert Griffin III
Morris Claiborne
Justin Blackmon
Riley Reiff
Dre Kirkpatrick
David DeCastro
Michael Floyd
Jonathan Martin

Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

So at this point I have no clue who I want us to pick

Would nice if Reiff or Kirkpatrick fell to us but after watching Martin more I'm not a fan and he doesn't even seem like an improvement over Levi Brown

Probably gonna try to watch some more film of Nick Perry & Melvin Ingram, I love Upshaw but I don't know how well his game will translate to the NFL

And we could always use a true #2 WR, possibly Floyd, Jeffery or Wright depending on workouts

DeCastro is always a safe bet should be a stud OG for 10 years or so

Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if DeCastro and Adams are both available at our pick who do you think we take? I feel like Adams is a product of a semi-weak OT class after Kalil and I'm scared to take an OT that's not close to a sure thing after all the recent busts.

If Dre Kirkpatrick is still on the board I think he might be a good investment since the DRC trade effectively killed the CB depth and gave us a lesser of two evils decision at QB.

My only other choice would be Nick Perry, but I'm liking the way Acho and Schofield are progessing so I think it lessens the need there. If we grabbed Perry though I think 3-4 OLB is set for the forseeable future.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'm personally a much bigger fan of DeCastro than Adams or Martin and if we could get a LT in FA and move Brown to RT we would improve both positions

Plus Hadnot was equally as terrible if not worse than Brown at his position
Old 04-23-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

here's my personal BB for AZ(excluding players who I know will be selected)

1. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
3. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
4. Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia
5. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
6. Mark Ingram, OLB, South Carolina

Trading down is also a option regardless of who is left, this draft has 3 elite prospects(Luck, RGIII, Richardson) and 3 upper tier prospects(Claiborne, Kalil, DeCastro) everything after that from 7-50 is fairly even

DeCastro's position is the only thing holding him back in regards of being an elite prospect if scouts thought his play would translate to LT he would be a top 3 pick

Old 04-23-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rieff would be fine. Zona needs o-line help & depth.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Ideally we trade back to like 16 or so pick up a 3rd and draft Glenn

Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Teams/Scouts obviously weren't very high on Reiff & Glenn but glad we got Floyd

Along with Fitz and Roberts in the slot the trio is one of the if not the best in the league just need Kolb to play well and somehow keep him on his feet

Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Michael Floyd Conference Call
http://prod.www.cardinals.clubs.nfl....c-b8961ed93619

Whis & Graves Press Conference
http://www.azcardinals.com/videos-ph...4-ec0b2660e597

Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i'm happy with the Floyd pick. i'm not really a fan of Reiff or Ingram and DeCastro would have been the only other player worth considering for me there. i was hoping the Cards would trade down and pick up an extra pick or two until i realized the Rams were picking right behind us so they would have got Floyd. i'm still worried about the OL and QB situations, but we'll see how they play out. round 3 hopefully we go OL, round 4 CB, and BPA after that.

BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Trade value seems to be at a all time low wouldn't mind packaging a 3/4 to move up into the 2nd for Glenn/Massie

Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

really hate giving up that 2nd rounder in the Kolb trade now...would've been beneficial in moving up to grab one of them. i really like Glenn too. any idea who would be around in the 3rd as a potential OT target?

BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

2nd Rounders
Cordy Glenn, Georgia
Mike Adams, Ohio State
Jonathan Martin, Stanford
Bobby Massie, Ole Miss
Mitchell Schwartz, Cal

3rd Rounders
Donald Stephenson, Oklahoma
James Brown, Troy

A lot of OT's are falling if there isn't a massive run I think this will work out perfect for us

Plus there are a few college OTs who are projected to be OGs in the NFL(Kelechi Osemele, Jeff Allen, Brandon Washington) but you never know how each team views them individually

Old 04-27-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Good player, Bad pick

ugh why can't we just address O-Line we had Massie sitting there he is a perfect RT for our system

Last edited by fenikz : 04-27-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

i like the pick...but come on. massie was staring at us right there. i'm convinced there's something up with him because every team is passing on him. lets go zebrie sanders round 4!

BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
gslatt666
Rookie

gslatt666 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really like how the cardinals have approached the draft since the Levi Brown pick, they learned a massive lesson in not making need the most important part of a draft pick
gslatt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I feel so much better now

Incase you were wondering Bethel will most likely make the move to S

Old 04-28-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jealous that you got Bethel.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

13. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - A
80. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma - A-
112. Bobby Massie, OT, Ole Miss - A+
151. Senio Kelemete, OG, Washington - B+
177. Justin Bethel, S, Presbyterian - B
185. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State - B-
221. Nate Potter, OT, Boise State - B

I like it, was very high on Lindley coming into the season didn't catch any games this year but he has starter potential

Last edited by fenikz : 04-29-2012 at 04:36 AM.